Winning brownlow votes in losing teams

Remove this Banner Ad

And this:
NMFC v HAW
15.13 (103) 17.15 (117)
Daniel Wells 3
Todd Goldstein 2
Cyril Rioli 1

Seems winning well with an even team performance is highly damaging to Brownlow chances (or maybe just wearing Brown and Gold).

On a separate note, i'm watching the updates on AFL.com.au.

Why was it that the GCFC Vs Giants came was the last for votes to appear? The game was the first scheduled game on the Sunday. Normally that would mean that they would be called third to last.

Smells like someone knew Ablett would get the three to get himself over the line...

Why was it that the GCFC Vs Giants came was the last for votes to appear? The game was the first scheduled game on the Sunday. Normally that would mean that they would be called third to last.

Smells like someone knew Ablett would get the three to get himself over the line...
No doubt. The three that could win (Swan, Selwood, Ablett) were read out last

Der.

Because the only possible reason someone could have for thinking he would get 3 in a game he dominated, and thus end the suspenseful count early is corruption? Is that the implication? Bizare post. They always pick an order for the last round that maximizes the suspense.

Was noticing this right the way through. Have noticed it in previous years too. Yet further proof that the umpies HATE OUT GUTS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the only possible reason someone could have for thinking he would get 3 in a game he dominated, and thus end the suspenseful count early is corruption? Is that the implication? Bizare post. They always pick an order for the last round that maximizes the suspense.

I'd forgotten they did that each year. When do they pick the order though? Before they start calling, prior to the count, etc? I'm not sure they should do that personally. Stick to a structure - I feel things are overly stage managed already in the afl. I don't like the trend.

Was noticing this right the way through. Have noticed it in previous years too. Yet further proof that the umpies HATE OUT GUTS.
Agree ,doesn't worry me mind you but there does seem to be a bias against us from the umpires ,stuck out like dogs balls the amount of games we won yet failed to take the majority of votes given.

I am happy that Selwood didn't win! The umpires obviously love him,specially so, because they love watching him ducking his head,so they can give him frees.He is such an actor,then again so do some of the umpires love acting. Is that you Razor?You must be missing that out there..:D

Teams:-

Swans 95
Freo 90
Cats 89
Hawks 83
Tigers 81

Didn't see Pies.

I just had to have something on the Swans to get most votes at the ridiculously large odds of $34 and a little saver on Freo at $15.

How can a team with very consistent and even contributions from Hannebery, Jack, O'Keefe, McVeigh and Kennedy (amongst a few others) be such big odds....it was a no brainer.

I also thought all the money for Mitch was unjustified...he was never a chance.

Have something on Dangerfield next season.....I still dream about that bloke playing in a brown and gold jumper someday :)

The one that gets me is Dane Swan 2 votes in Round 3. We won by like 55 points. Swan picked up 30-odd disposals and did absolutley nothing with the pill. Pretty sure Shiels tagged someone and racked up 28 touches, yet no acknowledgement.

Allwell, I'm still caught up on the fact that the umpire awards the votes. Take a Carlton supporter for example, every week they cry at the umpires calling them clueless idiots, but then they gloat about Judd being a brownlow medalist.

I am happy that Selwood didn't win! The umpires obviously love him,specially so, because they love watching him ducking his head,so they can give him frees.He is such an actor,then again so do some of the umpires love acting. Is that you Razor?You must be missing that out there..:D
I like to think that the ducking may have cost him a couple of votes during the year and thus a Brownlow. Would be a deserved winner if it weren't for the playing for frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back