Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

You said sex tourism is the only reason to go to Asia. And yet you went to Vietnam as a tourist. You convict yourself.

You think sex tourism is "encouraged" in Hong Kong? You advertise your ignorance at every turn. People move to Hong Kong to earn money, live in the middle of Asia and pay low tax. I realise that might make your head spin as you've barely left Warrandyte.

You can't grasp the appeal of living in Asia beyond the promise of sex tourism. Not only is it classic projection on your part, you also sound like a complete yokel.

Again, your fascination with my sex life is bizarre.

If you start asking for pics, the moderators may have to intervene.
Well I like looking out the window and seeing wallabies and koalas. You like looking out the window and seeing a smoggy concrete jungle with police shooting rioters. Each to their own!

Well I like looking out the window and seeing wallabies and koalas. You like looking out the window and seeing a smoggy concrete jungle with police shooting rioters. Each to their own!
You also like visiting Vietnam, even though the only reason to do that is sex tourism, according to you. You convict yourself. And you have no response.

But sure, Warrandyte is the greatest place in the world and spending your entire life in an outer suburban cocoon in no way reflects your overall lack of curiosity and ambition. It's all about the koalas. That must be it.

Last edited:
You also like visiting Vietnam, even though the only reason to do that is sex tourism, according to you. You convict yourself. And you have no response.

But sure, Warrandyte is the greatest place in the world and spending your entire life in an outer suburban cocoon in no way reflects your overall lack of curiosity and ambition. It's all about the koalas. That must be it.
Be honest, do you have a hairstyle like this gent? It’s how I picture you anyhoo.

969B8C4C-E521-472E-BE0B-221A47447534.jpeg

How much time do you spend imagining me?
Whenever we have these riveting and enlightening chats. You know what I look like - an attractive dad bod with a thick beard and a tattoo sleeve. At least reveal to us your hairstyle. For research.

I’ll take pics. Just sayin.
I’ve posted many on SRP. Man boobs, tattoo sleeve, faux mullet. What youd expect really. I’ve simply asked Sweetie Jay to describe his hair style. I assume a comb over or some other kind of baldness denial.

Wow. Steve Bannon and his backers are GREAT at injecting this bullshit into the world conversation.

What happened to Sudanese gangs? They seem to have evaporated from the conversation. Like the Irish, Asians, and Muslims before them.

Conservative media, which subsists on hate clicks, has eagerly jumped on this train. Australia’s dim-bulb rightwingers have followed.

The real function of these arguments is to close white ears to demands for justice which are premised on simple facts about how their settler-colonial societies were built – including by means of theft, forced labor, and the consolidation of stolen property with state power.

In this version of history, white America is itself the victim of the scheming of European marxist academics, with critical race theorists pulling the strings of protesters in the streets.”

So next time someone rants about BLM being an American import, point out the CRT scare, the anti-Semitic cultural Marxism conspiracy, and on and on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, Americans being scared of this I get. They're emotional and conspiratorial.

But we have imported this digital panic with no shame. That clown Latham was sooking about it. Pathetic.

Wow. Steve Bannon and his backers are GREAT at injecting this bullshit into the world conversation.

What happened to Sudanese gangs? They seem to have evaporated from the conversation. Like the Irish, Asians, and Muslims before them.

Conservative media, which subsists on hate clicks, has eagerly jumped on this train. Australia’s dim-bulb rightwingers have followed.

The real function of these arguments is to close white ears to demands for justice which are premised on simple facts about how their settler-colonial societies were built – including by means of theft, forced labor, and the consolidation of stolen property with state power.

In this version of history, white America is itself the victim of the scheming of European marxist academics, with critical race theorists pulling the strings of protesters in the streets.”

So next time someone rants about BLM being an American import, point out the CRT scare, the anti-Semitic cultural Marxism conspiracy, and on and on.
I agree the moral panic about CRT is absurd and opportunistic. OMG they're indoctrinating our children! Tucker Carlson reckons we should have "cameras in classrooms" to make sure it doesn't happen. So much for being hostile to massive state surveillance.

However, I have one question that probably summarises my misgivings about CRT and its logical implications.

If a premise of CRT is that "our institutions were designed to favour white people", doesn't this suggest that our society, and Western society in general, is fundamentally racist? It was designed that way. What is the solution to that, other than to remake Western society so it is no longer fundamentally racist?

Greater racial justice and inclusion is a noble cause but if you follow the CRT thread and it leads to "remaking Western society", that is actually quite a radical aim. Can I be on board with greater racial justice and inclusion but not want to "remake Western society" in service to that cause? Or is that now racist as well, given we've expanded the defition of that word?

And if the objective is to "remake Western society" so it's less racist, how would we know when that grand mission has been successful? Or should we just embark on that endeavour with no idea of what success would look like? We're just going to play it by ear and keep going until everyone agrees there is no more racism?

I have some doubts about that.

If a premise of CRT is that "our institutions were designed to favour white people", doesn't this suggest that our society, and Western society in general, is fundamentally racist? It was designed that way.

That would seem like a fairly large premise to explore before you looked at its logical implications?

Something you said? I quoted what you said.
Yeah, and how does your post relate to it? Are you asking me a question about my post or was it a rhetorical flourish?

If you are going to go onto some 5 page of semantics bollocks then I'll abstain thanks.
Are your feelings hurt after I demonstrated that you don't know what you're talking about?

Look at WA ROO hiding in the long grass, too scared to engage.

Racism pure and simple!
I think you know where the door is, suggest that you use it.

In other news water is wet, all this article explains is that race racism is a social construct and by extension communities (races - whatever term you want to use) would 'engineer' their societies in favour of the majority, or in the case of stateside white westerners. Who would've thought? Feel so enlightened now.

An excerpt from the article:

' Conservative media, which subsists on hate clicks, has eagerly jumped on this train. Australia’s dim-bulb rightwingers have followed. '

Who exactly are the dim bulb right wingers, and who exactly is the 'conservative' media referred to? No where in the article does the author explain exactly who in this country is running scared of 'demands for justice'

What this guy is talking about reacting to is a tiny noisy minority, no one of sound mind (whatever 'race' that person is) would stick their fingers in their ears, deny history, then claim indisputable.

That's what this article is all about, a tiny bunch of noisy ignoramuses. A panicky one at that.

The irony is the title itself, yet the scribe fails to name any group or individual, it's just 'straya looks stupid for panicking about something something'

'Australia’s absurd moral panic around critical race theory aims to silence demands for justice'

Lol give me a spell.

Yeah, and how does your post relate to it? Are you asking me a question about my post or was it a rhetorical flourish?

Are you claiming that the premise of CRT - that "our institutions were designed to favour white people" is true?

You said your "one question" was based on this premise. But then you went on to assume this premise was true and go to what seems to be your main point ie what should be done about it?

How about justifying your premises before exploring the logical implications?

Are you claiming that the premise of CRT - that "our institutions were designed to favour white people" is true?
It's a quote from the linked article. And yes, I'm saying it is a premise of CRT. Many adherents to CRT would endorse the claim that "our institutions were designed to favour white people".

It's a broad statement but I'd say there's probably some truth to it. My concern, though, as outlined, it that it has some radical implications if we follow that thread far enough.

My point is that if you start out believing "our institutions were designed to favour white people", that demands a a radical solution. Presumably you have to remake those instiutions and the society itself. And I'm wary of that.

You said your "one question" was based on this premise. But then you went on to assume this premise was true and go to what seems to be your main point ie what should be done about it?

How about justifying your premises before exploring the logical implications?
See above.

I think you're confused about my point. I'm outlining my misgivings about where CRT leads, not endorsing it.

Last edited:
the scribe fails to name any group or individual
Parliament passing motions against CTR in schools... though it isn't taught anywhere?

Pure performance for the socials and the votes, and the money that follows.

Hanson's motion, which passed 30 votes to 28 and was opposed by the Greens and Labor, will have no real effect. But for One Nation, it was a valuable bit of culture war theatrics. CRT, a mix of cultural, legal and social critique which seeks to analyse how structural racism operates in systems of power, has become a recent obsession of Fox News and the Republican right in the US. And like so many of those obsessions, it's quickly made its way into Australia's parliament.

motion
/ˈməʊʃ(ə)n/

3. BRITISH
an evacuation of the bowels.

Parliament passing motions against CTR in schools... though it isn't taught anywhere?

Pure performance for the socials and the votes, and the money that follows.

motion
/ˈməʊʃ(ə)n/

3. BRITISH
an evacuation of the bowels.
It's RW identity politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back