Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
There's two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

If Lynn had the loaded gun, who'd he get to dig?

When someone mentioned Lynn had the window down in the Patrol in here, my mind did go to a dark place wondering if it was so he could hear them if they started carrying on in the trailer. :worried:

Yeh I hope he didn’t torture them, but I was just quoting ‘the good, the bad, and the ugly’ after the Arch Stanton reference ;)

I don't know how long the police were watching Lynn for but they found the shovels and other items on Hotham back in April. The police appear to be back searching for their bodies in the same area.

Shovels here

I don't know how long the police were watching Lynn for but they found the shovels and other items on Hotham back in April. The police appear to be back searching for their bodies in the same area.

Shovels here

They are searching the Grant Historic Area and I believe the shovels weren't deemed to be connected. I'm also not sure Lynn buried them but most likely placed them somewhere, just my hunch.

They are searching the Grant Historic Area and I believe the shovels weren't deemed to be connected. I'm also not sure Lynn buried them but most likely placed them somewhere, just my hunch.

I'd thought all these spots, Grant Historic, Dargo and Hotham were in the same general area. Not sure how he'd go tipping two bodies into old mine shafts in the dark, it seems like it might be a dangerous activity. Unless he waited until dawn and hoped nobody was around.

In Victoria drones may not be operated in any area managed by Parks Victoria (including National Parks, State Parks, Crown Land Reserves, Port Phillip and Western Port, Yarra and Maribyrnong Rivers and a variety of Metropolitan Parks) without being or engaging a fully licensed pilot and CASA-certified operator. A permit is required from Parks Victoria.

Almost everyone I know that owns or flies a drone doesnt worry with Parks Vic's blanket/genetic rule. CASA yes, National Parks yes, airports yes, but not Parks Vic.

Almost everyone I know that owns or flies a drone doesnt worry with Parks Vic's blanket/genetic rule. CASA yes, National Parks yes, airports yes, but not Parks Vic.
Agreed. Same here in SA.

Mate has the DJ Mavic and may have entered Parks space - or even lifted off from.

Safe use and responsible operation are the keys imo. Dont fly over other sites and dont buzz people

I assumed he held onto the shovels because all he’s done for 18 months is dig a hole for himself.

Don’t bring your phone if you want to commit a crime …
It's not just phones. Other devices and even cars can be tracking devices these days.

I'm not about to knock off a couple of annoying boomers in the high country but I rarely go anywhere with such devices. I find it creepy. Never used a QR code over the last 18 months and won't start doing so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradley John Murdoch(?) and the Peter Falconio case the most famous probably.

Forgot who mentioned it a couple of pages ago but I'd never thought of the possibility that Carol was killed first and Russell second. Actually makes more sense if the first death was a genuine accident.

Lindy/Azaria Chamberlain arguably more famous... and that resulted in an acquittal, highlighting the potential issues that can arise when there's a conviction without a body.

Lindy/Azaria Chamberlain arguably more famous... and that resulted in an acquittal, highlighting the potential issues that can arise when there's a conviction without a body.

Modern technology makes it a lot easier for a conviction without a body, previously a defence lawyer could argue they just ran away, virtually impossible this day and age.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds if they can't locate the bodies- don't recall many murder convictions with out a body in Aus... I hope they think to look under the hive, however they seem confident in the current search area...

there's a shortage of murder convictions even with a body, KLM

imho

60 Minutes Show done back in April confirms Hill's drone was seen flying over campsites and the Bush Worker thought this was disrespectful. There's no doubt this would have been Lynn's motive. Also as their sleeping bags were missing these were most likely used as body bags and I suspect if Police find their remains they will have been placed somewhere in those bags.

Last edited:
60 Minutes Show done back in April confirms Hill's drone was seen flying over campsites and the Bush Worker thought this was disrespectful. There's no doubt this would have been Lynn's motive. Also as their sleeping bags were missing these were most likely used as body bags and I suspect if Police find their remains they will have been placed somewhere in those bags.

sleeping bags would go up inflames and there would be nothing left

sleeping bags would go up inflames and there would be nothing left

They looked for the sleeping bag zippers and couldn't find them, same with Russell's boots where they expected to find evidence of the soles.

What brings these into a particular grouping, area ?

What rules out others that were or are missing ?

Q1. certainly not age or gender.
possibly a love of the great outdoors?

Q2. from my perspective, only a wariness of subjudice at this stage of the game.

imho

Given both their backgrounds, I think it's reasonable to assume that both knew the flying of drones was a no-no in that area.

Back