Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I want to hear why he did it and how he did it. A plea deal is a cop out if we don't hear the details.
Judge's Sentencing Comments usually have a precis of the crime, as the Judges will use that as a part of the rationale for imposing the sentence.

Not the gory details that has front page coverage that people can tut tut over by recounting that last few moments of people's life in explicit details.

If he pleads guilty. I don't think the DPP would agree to less that 1 count of Manslaughter and 1 count of Murder

I want to hear why he did it and how he did it. A plea deal is a cop out if we don't hear the details.
I think the big thing the public want to know is how Carol ended up dead? I mean, just looking on the surface, GL has put forth that Russell’s death was accidental, so we can easily imagine 2 men having a scuffle and it ended in tragedy with Russell losing his life.. But Carol? That’s the piece that isn’t as easy to get your head around in that scenario.

I want to know what GL’s version of the accounts are. I know what I expect him to say, but still naturally curious to hear what it is.
A plea is a good deal for the Justice system, the general public and the families concerned.
It saves time to free up the courts, it saves money from the public purse, it saves the families (and other witnesses) a long drawn out process that is painful for them (at best) as well as having the press intrussion.
I'm certain you will get to know what happened in good time, there will no doubt be a book in the works already and it will be stretched out in the press to appease the public thirst for true crime.

Judge's Sentencing Comments usually have a precis of the crime, as the Judges will use that as a part of the rationale for imposing the sentence.

Not the gory details that has front page coverage that people can tut tut over by recounting that last few moments of people's life in explicit details.

If he pleads guilty. I don't think the DPP would agree to less that 1 count of Manslaughter and 1 count of Murder

That makes sense. It seems from all known evidence that an altercation occurred between GL & RH but whatever the result of that was it should not have resulted in CC's death.

This article discusses charges and sentencing for murder / manslaughter charges

Pre meditation won't be a likely factor in sentencing from what we know.

I noticed on my podcast app there is a podcast that is about to start which I think is Channel 9 news based.

I noticed on my podcast app there is a podcast that is about to start which I think is Channel 9 news based.

I see that it's for the USA so probably wont be broardcast here until after the trial then.

I see that it's for the USA so probably wont be broardcast here until after the trial then.
The intro to the podcast say that they’ll be in court every day and will bring the discussion to the podcast, so it kinda sounds like it’ll just be a daily(?) round-up.

”…where I’ll be in court each day, as he stands trial on charges that he denies. We’ll be bringing to life the testimony and the evidence, giving you an insight into the dynamics of the courtroom as the prosecution and defence present their arguments to the jury.”

I just looked in Spotify again and can’t see where it says it’s for the USA?

Last edited:
The trial, what ever the outcome won’t be the end of this, by any means. But rather the start of detailed investigations and potentially new charges into what exactly happened over the course of more than two decades from Macedon to **************************

There is much that can’t be reported on until this case is over, and even more that can’t be entered into evidence, or form part of the the current proceedings. But rest assured when a verdict comes down a lot more is going to come out.

As an international commercial pilot Lynn roamed much more than the off road tracks of the high country.

Much has been written about a motive. What was the catalyst, was it an argument over a campsite, a drone or something similar? From what I know from people closely connected to this, the search for a one off random trigger may be a limiting factor in trying to understand what went down. What if no trigger was needed? What if this wasn’t a random or a one off event?

It you broaden your thinking beyond a simple altercation that got out of hand, what transpired potentially becomes something much more sinister and less likely to be an isolated event. And when you cross that Rubicon what greets you on the other side is the possibility of other High Country events in places no one even has started to look.

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes sense. It seems from all known evidence that an altercation occurred between GL & RH but whatever the result of that was it should not have resulted in CC's death.

This article discusses charges and sentencing for murder / manslaughter charges

Pre meditation won't be a likely factor in sentencing from what we know.

His story will be the 2 men wrestle over the gun, it goes off accidentally, and kills CC.

RH then goes psycho, attacks GL, who kills him in self defence.

The trial, what ever the outcome won’t be the end of this, by any means. But rather the start of detailed investigations and potentially new charges into what exactly happened over the course of more than two decades from Macedon to **********************************

There is much that can’t be reported on until this case is over, and even more that can’t be entered into evidence, or form part of the the current proceedings. But rest assured when a verdict comes down a lot more is going to come out.

As an international commercial pilot Lynn roamed much more than the off road tracks of the high country.

Much has been written about a motive. What was the catalyst, was it an argument over a campsite, a drone or something similar? From what I know from people closely connected to this, the search for a one off random trigger may be a limiting factor in trying to understand what went down. What if no trigger was needed? What if this wasn’t a random or a one off event?

It you broaden your thinking beyond a simple altercation that got out of hand, what transpired potentially becomes something much more sinister and less likely to be an isolated event. And when you cross that Rubicon what greets you on the other side is the possibility of other High Country events in places no one even has started to look.
This is the shot in the arm this thread needed. Go on …

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or he says that he heard arguing, goes over to their campsite to find Russell physically attacking Carol, he steps in to stop it but it’s too late for Carol and she drops to the ground. GL then has to fight off Russell before Russell does the same to him too. Next thing he knows is he’s in a panic because he has 2 dead bodies in front of him and a sinking feeling that no-one will believe the story of what just happened..

I don’t believe this story, but I do think he will try and push Carols death onto Russell somehow.
It has already been said by the ballistics expert that, C was possibly kneeling down or ducking down when the shot that hit her in the head was fired.
People need to remember all the previous speculation in the thread and why it has been dismissed or thought possible, rather than continually going over old ground here.

His story will be the 2 men wrestle over the gun, it goes off accidentally, and kills CC.

RH then goes psycho, attacks GL, who kills him in self defence.
The obvious explanation from the defendant isn't it, which is why no doubt they are attempting to remove from evidence anything GL said in the interview, because the evidence possibly doesn't match what GL initially said. I am thinking about the missing side mirror and small piece of C's skull they found when I say this.

It has already been said by the ballistics expert that, C was possibly kneeling down or ducking down when the shot that hit her in the head was fired.
People need to remember all the previous speculation in the thread and why it has been dismissed or thought possible, rather than continually going over old ground here.
No need to get like that. Geez Louise.

No need to get like that. Geez Louise.
I didn't intend you any offense and I appologise if you have taken it like that.
All I'm doing is trying to point out that speculation without taking into account the already known facts, is very pointless.

I learnt even more over dinner last night.

When the dots are all finally joined, and you can’t imagine how many dots there are, going back almost 30 years, the high country events will be but a small element of what has gone before.

If you are right, I just wanna say that Kurve and I proposed that theory from the beginning and we should get some sort of prize.

I learnt even more over dinner last night.

When the dots are all finally joined, and you can’t imagine how many dots there are, going back almost 30 years, the high country events will be but a small element of what has gone before.

Very interesting.

We do need to be careful in here though with what we say given it will in all likelihood, be a jury trial.

If you are right, I just wanna say that Kurve and I proposed that theory from the beginning and we should get some sort of prize.

Little to no relevance in relation to the RH/CC case though.

I'm sceptical about police only looking into things because of the current case.

If there was anything of note one would imagine they already had an open investigation going prior to the deaths of RH/CC. Maybe they did and nobody is aware.

Little to no relevance in relation to the RH/CC case though.

I'm sceptical about police only looking into things because of the current case.

If there was anything of note one would imagine they already had an open investigation going prior to the deaths of RH/CC. Maybe they did and nobody is aware.
Surely proving that the perpetrator has a history of 'losing it', being violent or doing illegal acts, would be relevant to proving that they are not a peaceful law abiding citizen of upstanding moral character.

I believe that the past was not under scrutiny before, as certain incidences were historic and not thoroughly investigated with a view that 'anything' was wrong at the time.

Surely proving that the perpetrator has a history of 'losing it', being violent or doing illegal acts, would be relevant to proving that they are not a peaceful law abiding citizen of upstanding moral character.

I believe that the past was not under scrutiny before, as certain incidences were historic and not thoroughly investigated with a view that 'anything' was wrong at the time.

How could that possibly be proven before this case is concluded?

Back