World Cup Day 29 West Indies v India @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Park cricketers the WI have become, no good for the game.
Have you watched any of their other games? They've had a decent tournament. They smashed Pakistan, were 2m away from beating NZ and were competitive against us. Plus their recent test results suggest otherwise. They had a bad night, your post is a bit of an overreaction.

CFD698-D4-E0-CB-4416-B293-C8-D0-AE66-A69-E.jpg

George Bailey still would have been a better pick than taking both Khawaja & Marsh who can't play together and / or the extra bowler in Richardson. Handscomb got stiffed really as they were using him in that role leading up to the cup.

I think the main reason Khawaja is in the side and batting at 3 is the concern of losing 1 of our openers early in the innings which at the moment we are happy to see is not happening.

Have to say, didn't think India was going to win this when I went to bed, what a bowling performance.

Dhawan is the Indian Damien Martyn. Plays one good game in every five to keep his place in the team, mediocre in the other four and living off his old reputation

Except Martin averaged 50 for most of his career after he was recalled and basically won Australia their two toughest series wins between 2000 and 2005

The whole thing is a cluster **** mate, they do not deserve test match status as a nation, they've lived off past performances for too long, watching their no5 come out almost high 5ing the Indians in dire circumstances says it all.

They’ve won 9, lost 12, and drawn 2 of their last 23 tests genius.
For comparison, Australia has won 10 and drawn 3. And one of those draws was when they were getting pummelled by India at the scg before rain intervened.

Not hard to use the 5000000 online stats pages to try and back your argument.

Marsh has also done plenty of ODI opening though

True,if the openers do their job which they have Khawaja/Marsh are not the ideal players to bat from say the 25/30 over mark where we need the run rate to increase.If this happens I still think we should bat Smith 3 followed by Maxwell.If Maxwell comes in at the 25 over mark surely the instructions would be run a ball stuff,nothing silly to the 40 over mark and then go for it.Similar to Finch the other night,a match winning 100 but should have made it a big 100 as I think he had 20 overs left to bat.Stoinus is the one we need to get runs in a hurry at the end but at the moment he is not producing the goods and perhaps Carey should bat in front of him.

Not the first pathetic innings from Gayle this World Cup. It is painful to watch him play.

And yet again, utter joke that a bowler takes 4-16 including 3 of the top 5 batsman but let's give MOTM to someone who scored 72.

MOTM in cricket is the same as the AFL Brownlow. In cricket, it's for the best batsman, in football, the best on-baller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the first pathetic innings from Gayle this World Cup. It is painful to watch him play.

And yet again, utter joke that a bowler takes 4-16 including 3 of the top 5 batsman but let's give MOTM to someone who scored 72.

MOTM in cricket is the same as the AFL Brownlow. In cricket, it's for the best batsman, in football, the best on-baller.

Yeah you have to go back a whole two matches to see Gayle making 87.

He’s made 200 at 33 with two half centuries.

Hasn’t set the world on fire but there’s been a f*** tonne of openers who’ve done worse.

I guess compared to his previous series which was literally only 4 months ago, when he broke the world record for sixes in a bi-lateral series and hit nearly 500 runs in 5 matches, against England when they were good, it is pretty ordinary.

I agree. You could argue Kohli made 72 on a deck where other batsmen struggled, but surely Shami's opening spell with the ball determined the outcome. Windies were never in it after that.

I was thinking the same thing about Gayle. No doubt he can be dangerous if he gets away from you, but the Gayle I've seen in this World Cup is someone who's just there for the party. It annoys me whenever he falls over and manages to stop a ball in the field, then holds the ball up to the crowd. It's cringeworthy.

I agree. You could argue Kohli made 72 on a deck where other batsmen struggled, but surely Shami's opening spell with the ball determined the outcome. Windies were never in it after that.

I was thinking the same thing about Gayle. No doubt he can be dangerous if he gets away from you, but the Gayle I've seen in this World Cup is someone who's just there for the party. It annoys me whenever he falls over and manages to stop a ball in the field, then holds the ball up to the crowd. It's cringeworthy.

If he was there for the party he wouldn’t be trying to play himself in every innings, which he has done for most of his career.

The whole thing is a cluster **** mate, they do not deserve test match status as a nation, they've lived off past performances for too long, watching their no5 come out almost high 5ing the Indians in dire circumstances says it all.

as before, i don't think their administration has helped their cause. they've had some of their best cricketers running around in pyjamas while their team flounders. not quite the basket case of zimbabwe but were headed toward oblivion.

Back