Racing WS Cox Plate 2022

WS Cox Plate winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hishi Iguazu ran a cracker today. Interesting that D Lane was aboard. Worth a small go at $31 in a before noms market. If they’re not interested, it’s unlikely they’ll nominate. If he comes, he likely starts $5 or less.

I mean using this strategy you might as well back every international horse listed greater than 20:1. He isn’t coming.

Why not back Baeed at $9 because if he comes he is 1.15
What’s the reason Hishi Iguazu wouldn’t come for a Cox Plate? Genuinely curious as don’t understand the ins and outs of raiders. From my POV - if you had a race like the cox plate that you could win why wouldn’t you come and win it

What’s the reason Hishi Iguazu wouldn’t come for a Cox Plate? Genuinely curious as don’t understand the ins and outs of raiders. From my POV - if you had a race like the cox plate that you could win why wouldn’t you come and win it

Because Japanese horses rarely come - their prizemoney is just as good over there if not better and they (rightly) hold their own domestic races in higher regards than ours.

Because Japanese horses rarely come - their prizemoney is just as good over there if not better and they (rightly) hold their own domestic races in higher regards than ours.

Hopefully the $A is stronger against the Yen come October then.

Pre covid we had like 10 come out over 6 years so it's not like they weren't coming at all you just have to find the right ones.

At the moment the talks are with the Yahagi runners and even they are probably 50-50 at best. Hishi Iguazu would be on the next line of unlikely to come buts it's not zero chance like some of the others listed in the market. Personally would want something a bit more concrete because there is definitely a non 0% chance that these horses throw in a nom and don't come

Pre covid we had like 10 come out over 6 years so it's not like they weren't coming at all you just have to find the right ones.

At the moment the talks are with the Yahagi runners and even they are probably 50-50 at best. Hishi Iguazu would be on the next line of unlikely to come buts it's not zero chance like some of the others listed in the market. Personally would want something a bit more concrete because there is definitely a non 0% chance that these horses throw in a nom and don't come

Yeah and how many ran in the cox plate? 1?

It’s so close to zero chance of coming it doesn’t even warrant discussion.

Might as well say Baeed is a non zero chance because Haggas trains Addeyb

On the Goodwood coverage last night Matt Chapman said that Saeed Bin Suroor had informed him that Real World will head to the Cox Plate not to the Juddmonte. Looks overs at $26 given that.

Wut?!?

It’s a dead set even money shot if true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman said it before the first race. He sounded adamant. Presented it basically as a “breaking news” item.

Take the $26 for your entire account. Jumps fave and just wins

Given they were looking at races like the Canadian International a few weeks ago I guess its possible they eventually landed on the Cox Plate

I've already jumped in with you guys but has anyone else mentioned it besides Crazy Chapman?
Not as far as I’m aware. Previous comments from the stable a couple of weeks ago mentioned Germany or Canada as possible targets.

Nominations come out next Tuesday so I expect we’ll hear more then if not sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back