WTF!? - AFL wants to reduce "excessive tackling"

Remove this Banner Ad

If he means the scragging and half-holds before a player takes copntrol of the ball, I'm all for it. Pay those hundred holding the man calls a game, players will stop doing it and the ball-winner actually gets a chance to dispose of it. If he means taking the legitimate tackle out of the game, no wonder AFLX got created.

Pretty sure if he meant that he would of said it!! This regime is making NRL look bloody good. FFS they are worrying about this crap, they publicly state they have made no mistakes regarding the establishment of the Gold Coast, they do no wrong in their own eyes. This regime must rank as some of the lowest ability administrators in professional sport. They have just about done me in with AFL as well...I cant get my head around how many things they do that absolutely no one agrees with. Their absolute love affair with reaping in money from gambling without any care where that money actually comes from just demonstrates their absolute lack or ethics or morality. Coupled with a chairman who fair dinkum would not know sh@# from clay and we have the game we have today.

The sooner someone like Brendan Gale gets in there the better in my view.

I am passing a motion of no confidence in the current AFL adminsitration.

I'd vote we reduce excessive Steve Hocking tbh. He's too much of "a feature" of the game right now.

Hocking is the worst thing to happen to our game.

This dick will destroy the game.

It's been my belief for years that the AFL want our game to be more like Gaelic football. Australian Rules Football is a thing of the past, it's a 20th century game and the AFL are making sure it will be dead and buried by 2030.... It's been happening right before our eyes for the past ten years or so....even the thought of "excessive tackling" is proof of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure if he meant that he would of said it!! This regime is making NRL look bloody good. FFS they are worrying about this crap, they publicly state they have made no mistakes regarding the establishment of the Gold Coast, they do no wrong in their own eyes. This regime must rank as some of the lowest ability administrators in professional sport. They have just about done me in with AFL as well...I cant get my head around how many things they do that absolutely no one agrees with. Their absolute love affair with reaping in money from gambling without any care where that money actually comes from just demonstrates their absolute lack or ethics or morality. Coupled with a chairman who fair dinkum would not know sh@# from clay and we have the game we have today.

The sooner someone like Brendan Gale gets in there the better in my view.

I am passing a motion of no confidence in the current AFL adminsitration.

Australian rules. A great game that somehow flourished despite decades of mis management. However the management is flexing for one last big effort

Did he really say "people should take some confidence that we are looking at the right things"? Systematically looking for ways to undermine the sport's fundamentals, and endlessly changing (sorry, "adjusting") rules to chase some retrograde uncontested 'ideal', does not count as "looking at the right things". It's always like this with the AFL - looking at sweeping changes that people didn't ask for, and then not thinking them through properly either... the sooner the morons pushing this awful agenda are gotten rid of, the better.

It’s not hard. All they have to do is throw the ###### ball up immediately after the umpire gets is hands on it after call for a ballup and get rid of this ludicrous pantomime the boundary umpires go through when “ preparing “ to throw it in. Less players around the stoppages.

It’s all they can do without changing the game in some fundamental way.

Bunch of idiots.

This. Dont take 20 seconds allowing a pack to form.

Bring back 3rd man up so the ball can be knocked 15m or 20m forward.

Undo the damage done 3 years ago and problem solved !

Do these *******s realise what they are trying to push the game towards?

Pressure free footy games where there is no defence played are absolutely horrid. I have never thought it enjoyable to watch two teams just waltzing around the ground kicking easy goals. Yet here we have this ******* ******** thinking tackling needs to somehow be reduced.

Whose idea was it anyway to make this piece of s**t a custodian of a game that has lasted over 150 years without all this whinging from Hocking and co that now takes place.

They bought in 6-6-6 which has done * all to “open” up the game.

Despise the low scoring I actually think the game has been fairly good to watch this year. A lot of evenness in the competition making for close games. This ******* Hocking obviously isn’t pleasing the corporates and here he is proposing more fundamental changes to a sport which doesn’t need them.

Just * off already you turd.

They bought in 6-6-6 which has done fu** all to “open” up the game.

Despise the low scoring I actually think the game has been fairly good to watch this year. A lot of evenness in the competition making for close games. This ******* Hocking obviously isn’t pleasing the corporates and here he is proposing more fundamental changes to a sport which doesn’t need them.
Im actually excited to see how the 6-6-6 evolves. It didnt open the game however its made sure contests are a little more exciting, You cant lock up a game 24 points down halfway through the 4th. Unfortunately we got absolutely steamrolled by the dogs because of it earlier but it would be lovely to give the coaches more then one season to adjust before figuring out wtf is happening to the game. we went from recruiting athletes, to footballers again, to the Sub rule thinking about explosive forwards and keeping alive that second ruckmen to the 6-6-6 where teams will want a different type of ruckman again.

Give it more then a year before engineering a way to * it up, Coaches will focus on stopping teams scoring over them before worrying about a free style offensive game

Do these *******s realise what they are trying to push the game towards?

Pressure free footy games where there is no defence played are absolutely horrid. I have never thought it enjoyable to watch two teams just waltzing around the ground kicking easy goals. Yet here we have this ******* ******** thinking tackling needs to somehow be reduced.

Whose idea was it anyway to make this piece of s**t a custodian of a game that has lasted over 150 years without all this whinging from Hocking and co that now takes place.

They bought in 6-6-6 which has done fu** all to “open” up the game.

Just fu** off already you turd.

That sounds like AFL-X which is high scoring but still boring as batshit to watch as there is very little in the way of defence or tackling.

No doubt that's what Hocking and Gil are aiming to turn AFL into, next they will be suggesting less players on the field and bringing in zooper goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back