Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

What do those rights even mean in practice? Right to access healthcare means you can't be arbitrarily denied it, not that there must always be available capacity. As for a right to life, everyone in this thread will lose that at some point.

Well, it may well mean that restriction of movement is a 'practical and necessary method to stop virus transmission, prevent health-care services becoming overwhelmed, and thus save lives'.

Not going on holiday overseas is a basic human right now?

The UN better get to updating the Human Rights Charter:

Article 1
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4
No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 6
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Article 7
Everyone has the right to fly to Bali.
Overseas doesn’t necessarily mean holiday. It means employment and career opportunities. It means visiting and helping family.

and the right to travel freely between places is a human right. It doesnt harm others (with quarantine or vaccination during a pandemic) and It can only be prevented if others harm you. That makes it a right. What you choose to do with your time is also a right. No one can force you to work. You have the right to enjoy leisure time (I.e. holiday). If you don’t you are a slave.

It’s having a relevant reason to control travel, not ‘oh we are more popular with voters if we are seen to be harsh’ which is subject to regular and effective scrutiny by parliament or some such.
Otherwise ‘temporary’ becomes ‘indefinite’ (oh oops it has)

Overseas doesn’t necessarily mean holiday. It means employment and career opportunities. It means visiting and helping family.

and the right to travel freely between places is a human right. It doesnt harm others (with quarantine or vaccination during a pandemic) and It can only be prevented if others harm you. That makes it a right. What you choose to do with your time is also a right. No one can force you to work. You have the right to enjoy leisure time (I.e. holiday). If you don’t you are a slave.

All of these rights are privileges, the way you express them.

Movement means virus apparently.

Having gone through the sh*t we went through last year in Melbourne, and with international travel the largest risk factor for the virus, I'm comfortable living in our hermit kingdom for now if the alternative leads to lockdown.

This. Well said. Breaks my heart some people can’t come home and are stuck overseas but if that means I need to be selfish and I want to prevent another lockdown, then so be it.

People are coming and going all the time. But it’s $$$$$$ the factor. it’s not the same people waiting months

meanwhile Canada UK etc have captured a generation of international students. Enjoy the quiet, cos it will get a lot quieter

maybe the penny will drop when thousands go to the olympics then return. You’ll be told the IOC is paying for it, but who pays for IOC? Taxpayers

it will be clear movement of many more people will be safe, achievable and paid for by the public purse

Last edited:
So the first flight from India was supposed to have 150 passengers. 70 have already been kicked off the flight cos they had Covid on their first test or were closely related to someone who did. A second test is going to happen before the flight. More of the remaining 70 are likely to fail that too.

shows how widespread Covid in India must be. Flight may come back empty.

So the first flight from India was supposed to have 150 passengers. 70 have already been kicked off the flight cos they had Covid on their first test or were closely related to someone who did. A second test is going to happen before the flight. More of the remaining 70 are likely to fail that too.

shows how widespread Covid in India must be. Flight may come back empty.

You'd think that they would overbook in the first place to allow for it.
( Given that they often overbooked flights during pre-covid times. ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just two new infections recorded today. A few weeks ago there up to a few dozen daily. It seems pretty clear the majority of the new arrivals carrying Covid were coming from India.

If we continue to insist all arrivals quarantine, regardless of the risk from their place of originn, then surely there can be separation within quarantine
There is in Queensland at least. Anyone who tests positive is put into hospital, whether they’re sick or not (most not). This keeps the hotels “clean”.

There is in Queensland at least. Anyone who tests positive is put into hospital, whether they’re sick or not (most not). This keeps the hotels “clean”.

I think that’s common now, although on other states people are moved to a health hotel, but they aren’t transferred until they test positive. So one of the returning Victorians was next to a person who tested positive then moved but they managed to pass it on first...

If you can't put forward your claim without linking a 45 minute video and expecting people to watch it then comment, you shouldn't be making a claim.

Absolutely.

I watched 9 minutes. That's my limit for Tucker's shrill. I don't disagree with the doctor's premise in the that 9 minutes though. Nothing wrong with early treatment of people statistically most at risk and if there are protocols in place, the public should be made aware of who should access them and how.

I just popped into this thread because I saw some articles reporting suicide rates around the world has having fallen during covid, contrary to expectations. I thought it interesting given the fruit-loops like FK and Les Malone feigned concern about this predicted side effect of lockdowns.

I just popped into this thread because I saw some articles reporting suicide rates around the world has having fallen during covid, contrary to expectations. I thought it interesting given the fruit-loops like FK and Les Malone feigned concern about this predicted side effect of lockdowns.

Does your attention span extend to 7 minutes?

Key word is "during", what happens after, in say 2025? Like COVID itself, there will be a lag of figures for suicides, cases of anxiety/depression etc...

I reckon that in the subsequent 3-5 years, say between 2023-2025, that the cases of suicides will sky-rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back