WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was probably Baron Corbins best singles match on the main roster, at least the best one that I’ve seen. Really good match.
He is hardly a slouch in the ring, he needs a better character as his mic work is good but he has no real character to speak of.

He has the size and look to be a badass if done right

Bayley can really nail that “something’s not quite right about her” heel with that smirk on a face like hers.. like some9ne you wouldn’t wanna stand near on the train as they’re a bit NQR

The only way this Bayley/Sasha angle can now work (since bayley remaining face but siding with Sasha has confused the crowd), would be for Bayley to help Sasha win title from Becky, then Sasha directly cost Bayley her title to Charolette.

Surely this is the way they go?

Watching someone like Randy come out shows to me actually how well Corbin is doing as a heel. Randy is supposed to be the despicable heel that no one can love, but he still gets mixed cheers with boos, name chants etc. yeah he talks and swings people against him, but the very next night he’ll come out and initially be cheered. As do most “cool” heels in wwe these days.

But Corbin.. he’s genuinely hated. And despite what most say, I actually think he’s a decent wrestler, and has one of the best finishes (and “signatures” or whatever finishers are called these days) in wwe.

Card so far for the Australian tour
Kingston vs Orton
Nakamura vs Balor
Charlotte vs Bayley
Reigns vs Rowan
Murphy vs Andrade
Black vs Zayn
Owens vs Bryan

New Day vs The Revival
Iiconics vs Kabuki warriors vs Fire & Desire

Changes bolded

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much momentum was lost for Becky - daresay around the time she and Rollins were shown to be an item on WWE television?
it was lost after Rousey left and they feuded her with Lacey Evans for her 1st title defence.

Both. A character whose whole push was built on her charting her own path can't afford to be positively attached to anyone who could be considered their equal or superior, and can't be left facing those who are clearly their inferior. They need big opponents and small allies, at most. If no-one's big enough, play into that and only have her appear as often as Lesnar. Instead they had her pull double duty for an age.

Both. A character whose whole push was built on her charting her own path can't afford to be positively attached to anyone who could be considered their equal or superior, and can't be left facing those who are clearly their inferior. They need big opponents and small allies, at most. If no-one's big enough, play into that and only have her appear as often as Lesnar. Instead they had her pull double duty for an age.

that burnt out her appeal even faster.

They should do Raw and SmackDown not house shows.

With Smackdown moving to FOX in October and back to Friday nights-- it would make it easier than ever for the WWE to do a live tv event here. They could do a LIVE Smackdown on a Saturday morning in Melbourne and air it live into the US on a Friday night.

Isn't that usually how it works when they have squash matches ?
Last time you saw a face squash match ?
Ryback with the feed me more gimmick.

I swear I saw heel jobbers talking crap and then WR's squashed them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back