WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the live event last night. Decided to get some last minute tickets. Was exactly what I expected, which makes me question why I even bothered. Very hard to get interested when compared to last years broadcast and presentation from the MCG.

Thing that surprised me was how low the attendance was compared to previous years house shows. As stale as the product had gotten you could always bank on RLA being jam packed. Not this time. Large sections of seats empty and for the first time I can remember a large portion of top deck curtained off.

There is no doubt a Raw or SmackDown TV show in Australia would sell out the place to the rafters, but realistically that’s never going to happen

Went to the live event last night. Decided to get some last minute tickets. Was exactly what I expected, which makes me question why I even bothered. Very hard to get interested when compared to last years broadcast and presentation from the MCG.

Thing that surprised me was how low the attendance was compared to previous years house shows. As stale as the product had gotten you could always bank on RLA being jam packed. Not this time. Large sections of seats empty and for the first time I can remember a large portion of top deck curtained off.

There is no doubt a Raw or SmackDown TV show in Australia would sell out the place to the rafters, but realistically that’s never going to happen

Glad to hear about the empty seats. One thing's certain: they'll never do Raw and SmackDown while people pay PPV prices for house s**t.

I took my 2 kids, my 4 year old loved it for about half the show, the 6 year old pretty much the same but they hit a wall at around/just after intermission.

For me it was boring as hell, the only bright spot was Sami Zayn as he actually brought some energy to the show. Say what you want about the crowd being dead but Jesus when the performers are just going through the motions how can you expect the crowd to care?

Also the calibre of performers here was highly questionable. Obviously no Lesnar (expected) but no AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Rollins, Owens etc etc and Finn Balor being pulled for the second year in a row despite being advertised was a killer for my kids as he is their favourite wrestler.

I know it ended up being a Smackdown show but you can't expect the arena to sell out when you've got Reigns/Rowan headlining and a bunch of other filler on the show

I won't be taking the kids again any time soon unless they absolutely beg me, $470 for the 3 of us plus another $200 on merchandise/concessions and they were over it about half way through. At least they could actually see the ring this time I guess which was a plus.

I went the other night and I did enjoy it but the vacant areas was the first thing I noticed. Lots of curtains pulled across non sold sections and many vacant seats. They nearly could have pulled out Port Adelaide's old bay covers.

Sami Zayn was actually really funny. He said Melbourne was that bad he would even prefer to be in Adelaide lol.

Last edited:
Can't wait to not watch them.

you only have to read the results for 1 house show, to know the rest of the house shows for the rest of the week. $200+ for a ticket is a crap price for a nothing show. Unfortunately they will never do a raw or smackdown, as they have to cater for the American audience. The only logical date, would be the Melbourne Cup public holiday, to ensure that people could attend.

you only have to read the results for 1 house show, to know the rest of the house shows for the rest of the week. $200+ for a ticket is a crap price for a nothing show. Unfortunately they will never do a raw or smackdown, as they have to cater for the American audience. The only logical date, would be the Melbourne Cup public holiday, to ensure that people could attend.

Was replying to a now gone post about 205 Live and some FS1 WWE show being on at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well they will lose Money as I dare say lot of People only by Docos and Compilations instead of just PPV's

I don't think I've purchased a WWE DVD (regardless of it being a Doco or a PPV) since the WWE Network started. Is there still a market for WWE DVD's?

Well they will lose Money as I dare say lot of People only by Docos and Compilations instead of just PPV's

Will save a lot of money though as just putting PPVs onto DVDs is a lot easier than actually producing new titles.

but you’re right they’ll lose most of their sales, why would anyone buy a PPV on DVD? The network is a lot cheaper.

Although the quality of their compilations had dropped off significantly since the Network began

I don't think I've purchased a WWE DVD (regardless of it being a Doco or a PPV) since the WWE Network started. Is there still a market for WWE DVD's?

there must be enough of a market, otherwise they would give up on them completely.

but you’re right they’ll lose most of their sales, why would anyone buy a PPV on DVD? The network is a lot cheaper.

Although the quality of their compilations had dropped off significantly since the Network began

not everyone has great internet for streaming?

RAW and SmackDown both had really good shows this week, SmackDown apart from the Draft episode has been really enjoyable on FOX, loving the new Saturday morning timeslot too.
Raw was really was good. Question is can they be patient and keep presenting that sort of a show? Because this is what will eventually build new stars even if the reactions on the night were quite flat.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

The 24/7 thing has always been slapstick dumb, but that segment during the buddy murphy v truth match was downright insulting to viewers. To have the conga line constantly chasing the indian guys, constantly snapping their film thing over and over, not one thinking to turn around (or even stop) was simply the worst.

Words can’t describe how shithouse that was.

Anything on RAW worth watching? Don't want to spoil the show by reading thread but also don't want to waste my time if it was pathetic (like usual).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back