WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how much of that Most Wanted Treasures show is a work.

But this guy who had Ric Flair's black robe from when he won the rumble, wanted to trade it for another robe + some boots. WWE accepts, but then the guy says he wants 25k on top, they accept, he then wants 50k, they accept, he then wants 60k and the deal gets done.

LOL. If the likes of Ricochet and Aleister Black were able to showcase their talent on Raw to the same extent they did in NXT, the in-ring product on Raw would be miles ahead of what it is now.
The problem is the focus on the in ring product in the first place. Just having matches sucks. I don't like either of those two because being good wrestlers is all they are, where's the nuance and character? Where's the good promos? I can't remember a noteworthy promo either have cut. Ricochet is just downright awkward and cringy on the mic and Black tries too hard to be dark and mysterious when he sucks at it.

I still maintain that every wrestler should be forced to take mandatory acting classes so they can learn how to cut promos and build a character.

The problem is the focus on the in ring product in the first place. Just having matches sucks. I don't like either of those two because being good wrestlers is all they are, where's the nuance and character? Where's the good promos? I can't remember a noteworthy promo either have cut. Ricochet is just downright awkward and cringy on the mic and Black tries too hard to be dark and mysterious when he sucks at it.

I still maintain that every wrestler should be forced to take mandatory acting classes so they can learn how to cut promos and build a character.

Everyone has their own taste I guess but for me the least thing I care about is promos. I want good matches , promos to me are boring. I don’t really care about someone sitting down on a chair and telling me how they have beat this person so many times not on there level etc.

I want to see good wrestling first and foremost and story telling inside the ring.

I actually prefer the over the top off the cuff promos like back in the day how they cut to the back and say Hogan was with Mean Gene most of the time they were short and sharp. Sure some of it was ramble you couldn’t understand but it was kind of fun.

I enjoy Elias when he is on the guitar singing a song , most of time I find it amusing or entertaining and I would rather see a minute of that than him cutting a promo or even wrestling a match. I’d rather see Ricochet and Black as you mentioned kicking ass in the ring having a good match than talking on a microphone.

Black's Dark Father gimmick had the potential to be amazing. Too late. I would really have loved to see a Dark Dather Vs. Fiend fued where both parties had creative control on promos. Black can cut a promo and has done several times on NXT. His creativity was extremely hampered on the main roster which caused a lot of his issues.

Another guy that could end up on raw later. Lost his feud with Roman, and recently lost to Sami.

Fully expecting KO/Cesaro/Corbin and Shinsake to end up on Raw. It will be interesting to see what happens as this is a "draft" not a "shuffle". Looks as though they will make the move on a few NXT stars.

Black's Dark Father gimmick had the potential to be amazing. Too late. I would really have loved to see a Dark Dather Vs. Fiend fued where both parties had creative control on promos. Black can cut a promo and has done several times on NXT. His creativity was extremely hampered on the main roster which caused a lot of his issues.
He's definitely not the worst promo they had in WWE but he's nothing special, some of those ideas he pitched to Vince were really bad though. Changing lighting in your promos to signify your next opponent's attire? What the hell? Being in a stable with Balor, Undertaker and Bray Wyatt? Nah. I understand why people didn't listen to his ideas.

Fully agree, if you can’t cut a decent promo or don’t have a decent mouth piece then you’re no chance. Especially if you sound foreign in a product that is almost entirely aimed at Americans.

Wrestling doesn’t draw. Story and Characters draw. Always has and always will. Sure, you’ll have your minority that froth over work rate and match quality, but they certainly aren’t getting the lapsed fan back by upping the wrestling.

Fully agree, if you can’t cut a decent promo or don’t have a decent mouth piece then you’re no chance. Especially if you sound foreign in a product that is almost entirely aimed at Americans.

Wrestling doesn’t draw. Story and Characters draw. Always has and always will. Sure, you’ll have your minority that froth over work rate and match quality, but they certainly aren’t getting the lapsed fan back by upping the wrestling.
You just have to look at all the guys who have been at the top of the industry.

- Hulk Hogan
- Stone Cold
- The Rock
- John Cena
- The Undertaker
- Randy Savage

We're all these guys these amazing in ring generals that people like to claim guys like Johnny Gargano, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins and Aleister Black are? No, they were solid in the ring, but they weren't guys who spent 20 minutes getting their s**t in. These guys excelled by being excellent talkers, or being able to convincingly convey a character. When Hulk Hogan cut a promo you thought he was the coolest mother*er in the world,you thought he was an invincible super-hero. When Undertaker did his supernatural stuff you were in awe of how good he was.

These guys got to the spots they were because they know how to talk and act. All wrestlers should be made to take mandatory acting classes until they learn how to do these two things effectively. You can be good in the ring all you like, but that's not going to get you anywhere in the wrestling industry, you aren't going to be remembered in 50 years like these guys are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nikki Cross with the super hero gimmick

She must have been Hurricane/Shane Helms fan

I think her gimmick would work well with Askua as a tag team

Becky and Sasha to come back hopefully we don't have to see this kind of crap

I'm interested to see if Eva Marie can actually work them having her lose like that on Raw was embarrassing.

I'm so sick of every women on the show being involved in a tag team it's lazy booking.

- Hulk Hogan
- Stone Cold
- The Rock
- John Cena
- The Undertaker
- Randy Savage

We're all these guys these amazing in ring generals that people like to claim guys like Johnny Gargano, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins and Aleister Black are? No, they were solid in the ring, but they weren't guys who spent 20 minutes getting their sh*t in. These guys excelled by being excellent talkers, or being able to convincingly convey a character. When Hulk Hogan cut a promo you thought he was the coolest motherf***er in the world,you thought he was an invincible super-hero. When Undertaker did his supernatural stuff you were in awe of how good he was.

These guys got to the spots they were because they know how to talk and act. All wrestlers should be made to take mandatory acting classes until they learn how to do these two things effectively. You can be good in the ring all you like, but that's not going to get you anywhere in the wrestling industry, you aren't going to be remembered in 50 years like these guys are

It’s what I currently dislike about the product so much these days. You could throw a blanket over the majority of the industry now they are just guys and girls that wrestle. You know the call Cesaro the Swiss cyborg but apart from being strong there is nothing about the gear or appearance that is cyborg.

Even to a lesser degree from the top guys you mention you had the likes of Honkey Tonk Man, Double J , Tatanka, Vader etc. There isn’t really a lot of characters anymore and it’s why I’m really enjoying Crews Nigerian stick with Azeez it’s like a throwback.

Have you seen Eva's matches
Not a clue battling to lock up properly
Eye candy (not for me) is all she is

She's been out game a long time, could have improved a fair bit, she's pretty full on with her training these days.

Have to give her a chance.

She's been out game a long time, could have improved a fair bit, she's pretty full on with her training these days.

Have to give her a chance.
Nah just another bella. Left when they couldn't be on top. And when they couldn't be successful out of wwe come back and get pushed for no reason. Big pass for me

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The problem is they started to cater to that 1% loud minority of fans who read the Observer, love in ring work etc rather than the people who would fill the arena night in and night out and you know.. actually watch the product in numbers. As that other guy said, it's just a bunch of guys wrestling each other with nothing interesting about them. I'm up to Summerslam 98 in my Attitude Era watch now, everyone has something going on character wise.

Nah just another bella. Left when they couldn't be on top. And when they couldn't be successful out of wwe come back and get pushed for no reason. Big pass for me

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nikki was pretty good in the ring during the last part of her career.

Brie was garbage.

- Hulk Hogan
- Stone Cold
- The Rock
- John Cena
- The Undertaker
- Randy Savage

We're all these guys these amazing in ring generals that people like to claim guys like Johnny Gargano, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins and Aleister Black are? No, they were solid in the ring, but they weren't guys who spent 20 minutes getting their sh*t in. These guys excelled by being excellent talkers, or being able to convincingly convey a character. When Hulk Hogan cut a promo you thought he was the coolest motherf***er in the world,you thought he was an invincible super-hero. When Undertaker did his supernatural stuff you were in awe of how good he was.

What worked with many of those guys was their wrestling character was an extension of their personalities. From all accounts Randy Savage was a legit psycho (for example https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/macho-man-randy-savage-waffle-house-incident/) so it made it easy to believe it. You could believe Hogan was a bigger than life superhero, Stone Cold was a tough, working man, the Rock was a smart-ass because there was an element of that in their real life personalities.

I'd argue too that Savage and Austin (pre his neck injury) were top notch workers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back