XBX1 XBOX ONE News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Pass is the single greatest thing in gaming right now. If I were a PS4 player with no friends and on the fence on what team to go next gen then game pass should be the number one reason to go Xbox. Only reason not to imo is if you're really into Sony's first party developers.

Game Pass is the single greatest thing in gaming right now. If I were a PS4 player with no friends and on the fence on what team to go next gen then game pass should be the number one reason to go Xbox. Only reason not to imo is if you're really into Sony's first party developers.
What happens when they take a game of the list? Do you have to buy it outright?

Im trying to find the catch. This seems too good.

Not sure, don't think that's happened yet? With the developers they've been vacuuming up in the past couple years my only doubt is can they keep it up? I'd happily still pay if even if they increased the price. Currently it's a steal. I'm on PC so don't need the live component but it still pays for itself with the new releases and back catalogue. I imagine it would be even better on Xbox being able to bundle your live sub in with it.

They've got a lot of things in place right now; great hardware, great services and a wide variety of studios but the final piece of the puzzle is getting all those studios putting out high quality content on a consistent basis. That's when Game Pass goes from very good service to a 'no brainer' sub like Netflix or Spotify.

First party Xbox games are on the service forever. 3rd Party games can leave as soon as 3 months but most are on there for at least a year.

If you miss a new release there is good reason to hold off for a little bit to see if it goes on there too. I meant to get into The Surge 2 but didn't get around to it. That's on there. I had Bloodstained on my Steam wishlist for ages waiting for a good price (currently $69), and that's currently on game pass too. So there are two games for example that I will be getting around to sometime soon and it has already paid for itself.

They've got a lot of things in place right now; great hardware, great services and a wide variety of studios but the final piece of the puzzle is getting all those studios putting out high quality content on a consistent basis. That's when Game Pass goes from very good service to a 'no brainer' sub like Netflix or Spotify.

Nailed it. I've got Origin Premier too and while I don't play quite as much on there, combined with Game Pass I don't spend anywhere near what I used to on games. I also spend more time going through their respective catalogues playing stuff I wouldn't have ever thought of buying.

Nailed it. I've got Origin Premier too and while I don't play quite as much on there, combined with Game Pass I don't spend anywhere near what I used to on games. I also spend more time going through their respective catalogues playing stuff I wouldn't have ever thought of buying.
yeah, one thing that has struck me since I've been a subscriber is how narrow my taste has been over the years. I've really only played AAA stuff and not much else. Now I'm playing hospital sims, rogue likes, platformers, walking sims etc. Not all of them are knocking me over but there's no remorse because it's just part of the package.

It's great for dipping the toes. You can try anything you want and you don't have to feel like you've wasted your money if you don't like it.

Not that I'd download everything but yeah can try games I wouldn't risk purchasing

+1 for Gamepass, excellent service. Good back catalogue and always expanding. They are slowly adding all the final fantasy games which is perfect for me as I haven’t played them.

I subbed to orgin for a month to play Fallen order and ended up staying for 3 months.

Ubisoft have uplay+ on PC, big back catalogue of games such as far cry, assassin creed etc. I had some issues with the launcher that turned me off but decent value.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They give you warning when a game is leaving GP with the "leaving soon" section. But you get a discount of the purchase price of any GP game so you could purchase a exiting game if you want.

The possibility of a game leaving the service is hardly an issue imo because
  1. You can purchase the game outright with a discount
  2. Without Game Pass you would have to buy the game anyways but at least this way you get a decent 'trial' beforehand.

It's great for dipping the toes. You can try anything you want and you don't have to feel like you've wasted your money if you don't like it.

Not that I'd download everything but yeah can try games I wouldn't risk purchasing

It's why I'm not really a fan of purchasing games digitally If i don't like the game i cant refund or exchange it for another game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you get? I grabbed a LG C7 a few years ago for my consoles and it was such an awesome purchase.
Went with the LG 55 C9, stoked with it!

Have been using FHD Panasonic plasma for around 10 years now (which has been amazing) but the C9 is just another world of awesome.

The colour palette of the OLED is unrivaled.

Will consider getting the 48 CX when the price drops and adopting that as my gaming TV.

Went with the LG 55 C9, stoked with it!

Have been using FHD Panasonic plasma for around 10 years now (which has been amazing) but the C9 is just another world of awesome.

The colour palette of the OLED is unrivaled.

Will consider getting the 48 CX when the price drops and adopting that as my gaming TV.

The contrast is just on another world. Real blacks, popping colours and no blooming or backlight issues like LEDs. I had a LG plasma for years then "upgraded" to a 4k LED for my gaming and it just didn't cut it. Replaced plasma in my loungeroom with that LED (Samsung NU8000, still a great TV for general stuff, movies etc) and got the OLED just for gaming. I was a bit worried about the premium price tag initially but in the end it was definitely worth it. I have my gaming area setup together and would love to set up my PC through it to try it out as PC monitor HDR technology is still lagging. I'll try it as soon as I get a new graphics card because my 1080ti is already strained enough at times in 3440x1440 Ultra wide at the moment.

Just on series X hope Microsoft announce soon when we can pre order.

I think MS will win this generation caught Sony off guard which has them scrambling for PS5

Don't think they would have surprised Sony at all, they know what each other doing well in advance. They're even getting their chips made by the same semi conductor manufacturers. Both have gone for a really different philosophy. Microsoft going for budget as well as premium models, and Sony for a one size fits all. No one will know for a few years which was the better idea.

Don't think they would have surprised Sony at all, they know what each other doing well in advance. They're even getting their chips made by the same semi conductor manufacturers. Both have gone for a really different philosophy. Microsoft going for budget as well as premium models, and Sony for a one size fits all. No one will know for a few years which was the better idea.

Will eventually get both but MS won me be back over. I was set on getting a PS5 at a launch after being with MS for so many years but their lead up to the PS5 has been poor imo all we had from Sony so far is a logo reveal and a boring presentation of how the PS5 architecture works.

Will eventually get both but MS won me be back over. I was set on getting a PS5 at a launch after being with MS for so many years but their lead up to the PS5 has been poor imo.

If I weren't loyal to one or the other and didn't care much for stuff like a few Sony exclusives then game pass alone would be enough for me to go Xbox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back