Autopsy **** yeah! Pies beat Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone pick up on behaviour by the players towards De Goey after the siren and in the rooms.. no one really approached him on the pitch.. and in the rooms was on the periphery of the group.

Just found that a bit strange.

Ti les re?

What do you think our structural problems are?

- Our tallest defender is Goldsack who really shouldn't be playing full back. We don't have a monster full back.

- Reid is needed up forward, and I'm glad we are playing him there. But his best position is still CHB. If we have Reid and Howe down back, we have serious intercept marking and good footskills. Plus Reid at 195cm is a better aeriel defender than Goldsack.

- If you take Reid away from the forward line, the cupboard is pretty empty. When Grundy goes out of the ruck, we revert back to a midget setup forward of the ball.

- We heavily rotate our forwards. Fasolo basically tags with Elliott. I would like to see these 2 develop more cohesion between themselves and be on the ground together more often.

Overall, we were smashing the Eagles in clearances, disposals and inside 50's. Yet we weren't putting the score on the board. This indicates structural issues. Our goals mostly come from scrap...very few smooth transitions or lead up chest mark goals. This was a game where the win was based on grit more than class. That isn't sustainable long term.

I couldn't be happier with the win, but we really need to become more efficient forward of the ball, and we still need a Full Back.

I would also like to see it as adds something Different.

Darran Jolly was good at that. Going Forward and Kicking a Goal. We don't have a ton of KPF so him going Forward would not hurt. Was known as a Goal Kicker Pre-Draft

True about not being a proven goal kicker as junior, and although he may never be a consistent goal kicking ruck, he kicked a certain goal that may make up for it.

IS IT GRUNDY???? IT'S GRUNDY ;);)

My observation from yesterday's game was that for most our game plan was solid and stacked-up. We went in a very small side in comparison so match-ups were difficult.
The biggest concern for me was how easily the Weagles (Hurn mostly) were able to kick in from a behind. Time and time again they kicked over our 1st wave of zone to open players with so much time and space. It was obvious our zone was pressing too high and something that has been a problem all year. We look like witches hats from kick ins and maybe a man on man or a more accountable setup is the better option.
I agree with the comment. I'm not sure about the solution, but certainly something has to change, because the current arrangement fails too often.

Anyone pick up on behaviour by the players towards De Goey after the siren and in the rooms.. no one really approached him on the pitch.. and in the rooms was on the periphery of the group.

Just found that a bit strange.
Ummm???....
IMG_8502.JPG

-

- We heavily rotate our forwards. Fasolo basically tags with Elliott. I would like to see these 2 develop more cohesion between themselves and be on the ground together more often.
I saw you mention this elsewhere but wonder if you may be over calling it

On Sunday Fas has 85% TOG and Elliott had 82%. So even if they didnt share anytime off the ground they did play 67% of time together. I think it may be more a case of wanting at least one of them on the ground at any given time so they do wax the 15% and 18% of time they have off ground. That would be a better solution than having them both off the ground at the same time

Looking at there TOG over the season Fas is generally 80-90% and Elliott more 70-80 % which would go with his injury history. I think you cant avoid having them not on at the same time for at least 25-30% of the game.

True about not being a proven goal kicker as junior, and although he may never be a consistent goal kicking ruck, he kicked a certain goal that may make up for it.

IS IT GRUNDY???? IT'S GRUNDY ;);)
Truth is in modern footy there are really no rucks that kick many goals. Jolly was good but only went at 0.5 goals a game over his career. Grundy is 0.3 similar to Sandilands. Cox 0.5, Ryder probably the best but only 0.7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truth is in modern footy there are really no rucks that kick many goals. Jolly was good but only went at 0.5 goals a game over his career. Grundy is 0.3 similar to Sandilands. Cox 0.5, Ryder probably the best but only 0.7.

Yeah I agree with these, mine thinking was more around the fact that we have't yet seen Grundy really dominate a game on the scoreboard or inside 50 yet. Big Boy McEvoy and max gawn and even Goldy have had a few games where they would kick 3-5 and really win a match with their goal kicking and presence inside 50. Not to say Grundy can't and won't, he just hasn't yet.

That is after the siren, (notice the score in the bottom corner).
You're not trying to (t)roll us are you Gimp?
939299e5429f90b0367b632766e9c758.jpg

He looked pretty chummy with the guys at their poker night after the game too

Yeah I agree with these, mine thinking was more around the fact that we have't yet seen Grundy really dominate a game on the scoreboard or inside 50 yet. Big Boy McEvoy and max gawn and even Goldy have had a few games where they would kick 3-5 and really win a match with their goal kicking and presence inside 50. Not to say Grundy can't and won't, he just hasn't yet.
Its interesting cause initially I think yeah I'm sure those rucks have done what you say but then you check their stats

McEvoy - 163 games. Has kicked 3 goals in a game once. Best season he has had is 12 goals in 20 + games. Goes at 0.4 goals a game
Gawn - Has also once kicked 3 goals, never more. Goes at 0.5 goals a game and best in a season was 16 goals in 22 games. Goes at 0.5 goals per game
Goldy - Snagged 5 one day and 3 a few times. Best effort in a season is 20 goals in 22 games and after that did kick 13 goals in 2 other seasons. Goes at 0.5 goals per game

Rucks just dont kick goals.

That is after the siren, (notice the score in the bottom corner).
You're not trying to (t)roll us are you Gimp?

I actually find trolls in the context of BigFooty humorous. I don't understand why people do take offence to em.. makes for good banter to be honest. I find the concept of trolling in football really childish. As long as it doesn't get personal totally ok with it.

Yes after 6000 posts I'm trying to troll. Unless I'm going blind.. just saw different. Perhaps I need to have another look at it.

That is my boy high five-ing Fasolo after the game.....we are literally 5 meters away from the Pies players after the game.....like I said τη λες ρε! :p

image.jpg

I saw you mention this elsewhere but wonder if you may be over calling it

On Sunday Fas has 85% TOG and Elliott had 82%. So even if they didnt share anytime off the ground they did play 67% of time together. I think it may be more a case of wanting at least one of them on the ground at any given time so they do wax the 15% and 18% of time they have off ground. That would be a better solution than having them both off the ground at the same time

Looking at there TOG over the season Fas is generally 80-90% and Elliott more 70-80 % which would go with his injury history. I think you cant avoid having them not on at the same time for at least 25-30% of the game.

Fair enough.

Point still stands regarding the kpp issues though.

Overall I'm wrapped with the win. I just think we still need to be mindful of where we are at in the grander scheme of things.

I actually find trolls in the context of BigFooty humorous. I don't understand why people do take offence to em.. makes for good banter to be honest. I find the concept of trolling in football really childish. As long as it doesn't get personal totally ok with it.

That's the thing levendi you have been consistent in your opinion of Bucks.

Lately on here it has been unbearable with some of the trolling and forceful opinions.

The problem is I/we have to hear your malakies/opinions on Bucks in the 2018 thread all over again! ;):D

That's the thing levendi you have been consistent in your opinion of Bucks.

Lately on here it has been unbearable with some of the trolling and forceful opinions.

The problem is I/we have to hear your malakies/opinions on Bucks in the 2018 thread all over again! ;):D

Passionate about going about it the right way. Love for the players.. rarely do I criticize em.. you can get the best out of all of em. Master motivator. That's what I stand for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back