young key forwards, who will be the best and why long term?

young key forwards, who will be the best and why long term?

• jesse hogon

Votes: 107 36.3%
  • josh schache

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • jonathan patton

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • tom boyd

Votes: 40 13.6%
  • paddy mccartin

Votes: 31 10.5%
  • darcy moore

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • joe daniher

Votes: 44 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your obsessed with TAC form. When they make AFL it counts for absolutely nothing anymore, that's a fact. For Schace it's obviously all we have but others have been exposed to the VFL/AFL and must now be judged on that. Jack Watts was a dominant junior key forward, should I continue sprouting that as proof he is better than Franklin?

Kicking 5 goals in a game is more significant than anything anyone can do pre-AFL, regardless of how good Adam H percieves that game to be. It's a literal indication of what they are capable of at the elite level, while TAC dictates where they are drafted and how they go in a developmental league.

What crap.

What crap.
You keep talking about the TAC performances mate let the rest of us actually talk about AFL players and their AFL careers. Weren't you the poster who was telling everyone how great Spencer White was going to be? I don't think you are a very good judge of young forwards.

You keep talking about the TAC performances mate let the rest of us actually talk about AFL players and their AFL careers. Weren't you the poster who was telling everyone how great Spencer White was going to be? I don't think you are a very good judge of young forwards.

AFL careers they've played a season or two at best. You clearly have no idea and are one of those that right of a player after one poor game then announce him as the second coming after a good one. I use TAC form and ratings as thats the closest thing to a form line that we have for most of those list especially Mccartin and Moore.

You should have taken him White >>>> Redpath. Poor White was pushed out by Bruce McCartin Membury and Roo.

Your still waiting for Tim Walsh to jump on board.

You do know it's spelt Membrey right? Plus he is a third tall at best, a completely different position. Lucky st Kilda didn't give up much for him, Sydney won the deal as it is already

Redpath has shown more at both AFL and VFL level than white ever did. And Redpath hasn't shown much.

You do know it's spelt Membrey right? Plus he is a third tall at best, a completely different position. Lucky st Kilda didn't give up much for him, Sydney won the deal as it is already

Redpath has shown more at both AFL and VFL level than white ever did. And Redpath hasn't shown much.

Fail to see how Sydney won the deal but anyway continue in your dreamworld.

As for Redpath if he was at StKilda he would be playing VFL and most likely delisted like White.

when i started this thread i made a mistake by having jesse hogan on the list, he is obviously the best of the group listed at the moment. i left jeremy cameron off the list because i felt he was an already established key forward, i didn't think jesse fit the established key forward category after 1 extremely good season. i still think it is possible that long term ie. 4/5 years that 1 or 2 of the others listed could turn out to be better keys, just an opinion, i could be wrong, it has happened before.
the current best key forward in the competition josh kennedy played 29 games and kicked 18 goals over his first 3 years in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Hogan was so good so early some people hope he'll stagnate o is near his peak. Hogan has a tonne of development to come. He's going to get bigger, stronger and more confident.
he will be a scary prospect for the rest of the competition if he improves steadily over the next 3 to 4 years.

Great response really showing your hand now.
If you want to base your assessment off TAC form then Daniher was rated the better player than McCartin who up until he was drafted you had behind Petracca. If you want to base it off AFL form then in his debut season Daniher averaged more in every stat than McCartin except tackles (by 0.7) and clangers (equal kicks). He's also kicked 4 in a final as the number 1 forward and bags of 5&6, McCartin may be the better player long term but there's not a great deal of exposed evidence supporting that.

If you want to base your assessment off TAC form then Daniher was rated the better player than McCartin who up until he was drafted you had behind Petracca. If you want to base it off AFL form then in his debut season Daniher averaged more in every stat than McCartin except tackles (by 0.7) and clangers (equal kicks). He's also kicked 4 in a final as the number 1 forward and bags of 5&6, McCartin may be the better player long term but there's not a great deal of exposed evidence supporting that.

No there isn't that's why I posted that Moore's one off decent game v the WB shouldn't elevate him over anybody. It's not that hard to understand. You will have to put up with it this season when some late draftee has 25 touches across half back all no risk or anything special and Parish is used sparingly getting 15 quality touches deep forward.

No there isn't that's why I posted that Moore's one off decent game v the WB shouldn't elevate him over anybody. It's not that hard to understand. You will have to put up with it this season when some late draftee has 25 touches across half back all no risk or anything special and Parish is used sparingly getting 15 quality touches deep forward.
No worries.

Bias and blind optimism it is.

AFL careers they've played a season or two at best. You clearly have no idea and are one of those that right of a player after one poor game then announce him as the second coming after a good one. I use TAC form and ratings as thats the closest thing to a form line that we have for most of those list especially Mccartin and Moore.
If you choose to look in the Mccartin thread on the main board I say I think he will be a good player. I think the same for Moore too. They both attack the ball well and have shown some signs. I'm not trying to compare the 2 like you are, I just put little weight into TAC form when it comes to AFL careers.

I believe the TAC gives recruiters an indication of where they should be drafted, and when they get to the AFL, everyone starts again from square one. The closest thing Mccartin and Moore have to a form line these days, along with others listed, is how they perform in the AFL and their state leagues against other AFL level players. It shows how they fare or how the potentially could fare against professional footballers, not high school athletes.

Could have been injuries obviously destroyed him and he fell behind some pretty good forwards.
Falling behind good forwards means nothing in this league. If there is even the smallest chance of a player making it as a key forward, one of the others teams will pick them up. Even Liam Jones got a second chance. That should give you an indication of where other AFL clubs rated Spencer White. None of the 18 teams thought he was worth even putting a year and minimum salary into.

Back