young key forwards, who will be the best and why long term?

young key forwards, who will be the best and why long term?

• jesse hogon

Votes: 107 36.3%
  • josh schache

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • jonathan patton

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • tom boyd

Votes: 40 13.6%
  • paddy mccartin

Votes: 31 10.5%
  • darcy moore

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • joe daniher

Votes: 44 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah don't quite get your point.

Moore performed against AFL standard players. no contest.

My point is he kicked 5 big deal it happens. Moore was poor in the TAC as a forward and at this stage nothing has changed.

If your list is as we sit here today then Daniher should be 1 or 2. Only player on the list to perform on the big stage, yet you've got him below McCartin who has done nothing.
cue Essendon supporter defending Daniher lel

when has Joe performed? enlighten me.

McCartin played a very good game in the wet against Melbourne at the G - 14 disposals, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 64% efficiency, 1.0 goal, 2 score involvements

My point is he kicked 5 big deal it happens. Moore was poor in the TAC as a forward and at this stage nothing has changed.
Actual results in the AFL count for more than TAC form when discussing how they will fare as AFL players. I'm not saying junior form counts for nothing, but 5 goals in a game means more than anything they can achieve pre-AFL. You would have to be the only poster who can't grasp this concept.

Actual results in the AFL count for more than TAC form when discussing how they will fare as AFL players. I'm not saying junior form counts for nothing, but 5 goals in a game means more than anything they can achieve pre-AFL. You would have to be the only poster who can't grasp this concept.

If he kicked 50 goals that is form or improvement but one five goal game when three were joe the goose handballs isnt a form line to judge.

cue Essendon supporter defending Daniher lel

when has Joe performed? enlighten me.

McCartin played a very good game in the wet against Melbourne at the G - 14 disposals, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 64% efficiency, 1.0 goal, 2 score involvements

Daniher kicked 4.1 with a goal assist in an Elimination Final, but nah that's not performing, 1 goal against Melbourne is definitely better.

Daniher kicked 4.1 with a goal assist in an Elimination Final, but nah that's not performing, 1 goal against Melbourne is definitely better.
it is. Essendon can't seem to beat the poor Demons.

props for bringing that performance up but I really don't see it in Daniher, its like a ruckman trying to play key forward.

props for bringing that performance up but I really don't see it in Daniher, its like a ruckman trying to play key forward.

Joe kicked 5 straight and received 9 coaches votes and 3 Brownlow votes in the win against Melbourne this year. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam H 's view appears to be that underage form trumps AFL form :p

No thats not what I said at all. If Moore was the best forward in the TAC and then had a dominant game in his first season where he kicked 5 that's a solid indication. Moore was poor as a forward then had one game in the AFL were he kicked 5. Hardly anything to hang your hat on.

No thats not what I said at all. If Moore was the best forward in the TAC and then had a dominant game in his first season where he kicked 5 that's a solid indication. Moore was poor as a forward then had one game in the AFL were he kicked 5. Hardly anything to hang your hat on.
Your obsessed with TAC form. When they make AFL it counts for absolutely nothing anymore, that's a fact. For Schace it's obviously all we have but others have been exposed to the VFL/AFL and must now be judged on that. Jack Watts was a dominant junior key forward, should I continue sprouting that as proof he is better than Franklin?

Kicking 5 goals in a game is more significant than anything anyone can do pre-AFL, regardless of how good Adam H percieves that game to be. It's a literal indication of what they are capable of at the elite level, while TAC dictates where they are drafted and how they go in a developmental league.

Tom Boyd dominated TAC and juniors. It's why he went number one.

Not expecting you to praise him though

Well that's just not true o_O

Daniher is a giraffe on roller skates, but he's a born forward. Has only ever looked ungainly when he's been thrown into the ruck.

Tom Boyd dominated TAC and juniors. It's why he went number one.

Not expecting you to praise him though

Yes and if he produces something of note it will be a reflection of that. Marty McGrath kicked 5 on debut you heard of him.

Back