List Mgmt. Youngest List if you take Shaun off our List

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep we go from 9th eldest to youngest list by losing one player.......

Yeah......but we know we are losing Shauny at the end of the year
And he will likely be replaced on the list by someone under the age of 25.

I guess we will find out where our age profile sits after the draft.
No doubt our average age will come down

Heres a bunch of other selective stats

I hate how they use U/25 as a benchmark.
By age 25 players should be coming into their prime.
Would like to see the benchmark at U/23.

I think that would be more representative of developing youth.

Kosi: 21
Day: 20
Newcombe: 20
DGB: 19
CJ: 22
Worps: 22
Moore: 21
Schrimshaw: 22
Reeves: 22
Jeka: 19

We are benchmarking against players that have 3 or 4 more years of development.
A few of these guys very much unproven, but who knows where these guys will be in 3 or 4 years from now.

Shaun is 38.
We replace him with a 19 year old we save 19 years.
19 / 44 = 0.43 years or about 5 months reduction in average list age.

Anyone know how it compares to 2004 or 2005?

I hope we dont start the ' yeah we got beat but we have a younger/list team ' narrative that a lot of supporters trot out .
This year Ive been watching players develop..... Takes time for team to gel....Jeka Kosi Breust Moore... if they were all kicking bags after just a handful of games together..Wouldn't we all be surprised?? Cj Kosi Bramble Newcombe are on the right path...but week to week at a high level without the footy smarts of 100 games plus experience and the body strength that comes with that 5 years in the Gym?????........... I choose to watch who's improving and who would I be happy to see be moved on after years of lack luster performance.... Keep the Faith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we dont start the ' yeah we got beat but we have a younger/list team ' narrative that a lot of supporters trot out .

That's well and truly already in vogue and even by Clarko. Getting tired of it. Cegs, Mitchell, JOM and Worps got beaten by Darcy, Cerra, Brayshaw and Serong.

That's well and truly already in vogue and even by Clarko. Getting tired of it. Cegs, Mitchell, JOM and Worps got beaten by Darcy, Cerra, Brayshaw and Serong.
All true Wont be surprised if we draft midfielders and even more midfielders....interesting times......

Have you just taken off his 38 years ? Or have you at least replaced him with an 18 year old ?

To be honest though I think the best metric is what's the average age of your best 22.
Average is only relevant to normally distributed age profiles. Those don’t exist in the AFL. About 1 year covers almost all the clubs in the league so not really a lot of value in it. Median age is the number you want.

Average is only relevant to normally distributed age profiles. Those don’t exist in the AFL. About 1 year covers almost all the clubs in the league so not really a lot of value in it. Median age is the number you want.
Agreed.

Wins/Losses also pretty critical in AFL, which sometimes gets forgotten when fretting over age profile of a list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back