Preview Your Best 22 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone has Jenkins or McKay in their starting 22 they should be banned
Jenkins will play most of the season, so be prepared for the melts on this board...

Best 22 without injuries:
Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath/Hartigan Smith
Atkins Sloane Gibbs
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts McGovern Fogarty

Jacobs B Crouch Greenwood

Douglas Cey/Hampton Seedsman Milera

Round 1 team:
Brown Keath/Hartigan Doedee
Laird Talia Douglas
Atkins Sloane Seedsman
Lynch Fogarty Greenwood
Betts McGovern Milera

Jacobs MCrouch Gibbs

B Crouch Cey Hampton Kelly

Injuries: Smith, Waker, Knight,

Matt Crouch not in your best 22? ;)

Supposedly the club wasn’t all that happy with Reidy after JJ took us to the cleaners, and rightly so.

As we’ve seen, JJ is one of the lowest BnF vote getters compared to goals kicked in the comp.
It's a shocker.

The worst part is while players like Sloane & Lynchs 3 year extensions went in the blink of an eye, Mackays 4 year deal has felt like 10. This will be worse.

We're hamstrung.

What I wouldn't give to back in Fogarty or Dear and swap out Jenkins for a rebound defender.

Jenkins will play most of the season, so be prepared for the melts on this board...

As much as we laugh at Port for signing that spud Lobbe up for 700k a season, at least they had the balls and the smarts to not pick him, and actually play players that were worthy of selection, regardless of their contract.

As much as we laugh at Port for signing that spud Lobbe up for 700k a season, at least they had the balls and the smarts to not pick him, and actually play players that were worthy of selection, regardless of their contract.

Our coaches seem to still believe that the game is won by height. They lack imagination and are completely risk averse. When push comes to shove, they will revert to height. With full hindsight, they'd still pick the same 22 against the Tiges in the GF.

And the changes continue after JLT2:

B Jake Kelly, Daniel Talia, Luke Brown
HB Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan, Tom Doedee
C Paul Seedsman, Bryce Gibbs, Rory Atkins
HF Rory Sloane, Taylor Walker, Tom Lynch
F Curtly Hampton, Mitch McGovern, Eddie Betts
FOL Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Hugh Greenwood
I/C Sam Gibson, Richard Douglas, David Mackay, Darcy Fogarty / Lachlan Murphy

I think we have to play Sloane in the forward-half ... he, McGovern, Betts and Hampton could provide a tonne of forward pressure AND he is elite in the air AND a great shot at goal.

Play Gibbs in the centre swinging back and forward as needed.

Hampton in the forward 6, can rotate into the middle.

Gibson can rotate onto the wing OR be used as the tagger if someone starts getting a hold of us.

Hartigan must play, he is so much better at the one-on-one contests compared to Keath.

Murphy or Fogarty should get a run ahead of CEY just for the leg speed.

The board would have had to sign off on JJ's contract

Understand this, but there’s been a bit of chatter around what was negotiated with JJ.

As to why it was all signed off if they weren’t happy with it, who knows. Could be many factors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you be happy if he does Kane?
Depends on how he plays.

If he averages 2 goals per game & continues to contribute to the highest scoring attack I have no issues.

However, if he doesn't contribute much like yesterday, then I do have issues.

Understand this, but there’s been a bit of chatter around what was negotiated with JJ.

As to why it was all signed off if they weren’t happy with it, who knows. Could be many factors.
That’s why you have board oversight though. Reid can negotiate whatever he wants, he’d be directed by the board through Fages.

So buck stops with Fages and the board.

And the changes continue after JLT2:

B Jake Kelly, Daniel Talia, Luke Brown
HB Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan, Tom Doedee
C Paul Seedsman, Bryce Gibbs, Rory Atkins
HF Rory Sloane, Taylor Walker, Tom Lynch
F Curtly Hampton, Mitch McGovern, Eddie Betts
FOL Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Hugh Greenwood
I/C Sam Gibson, Richard Douglas, David Mackay, Darcy Fogarty / Lachlan Murphy

I think we have to play Sloane in the forward-half ... he, McGovern, Betts and Hampton could provide a tonne of forward pressure AND he is elite in the air AND a great shot at goal.

Play Gibbs in the centre swinging back and forward as needed.

Hampton in the forward 6, can rotate into the middle.

Gibson can rotate onto the wing OR be used as the tagger if someone starts getting a hold of us.

Hartigan must play, he is so much better at the one-on-one contests compared to Keath.

Murphy or Fogarty should get a run ahead of CEY just for the leg speed.
Hartigan got slaughtered one on one yesterday. He’s a worry.

Even so, he's still better than Keath is one-on-one. Hartigan has runs on the board, and was one of our better players in the GF - you know, the last game we played which actually mattered!

Hartigan can take time to shake rust & would probably have been better off playing both JLT games.

Pity Keath was injured early yesterday, as could have got himself a round 1 spot.

Hartigan will come good, but yesterday was unacceptable rubbish.

Hartigan can take time to shake rust & would probably have been better off playing both JLT games.

Pity Keath was injured early yesterday, as could have got himself a round 1 spot.

Hartigan will come good, but yesterday was unacceptable rubbish.
I really want Hartigan to come good I just think he’s already hit his ceiling. Brain fades, poor disposal and lack checking sometimes are going to be a part of his best form.

Need to go hard at JGov once Sloane has signed.

I really want Hartigan to come good I just think he’s already hit his ceiling. Brain fades, poor disposal and lack checking sometimes are going to be a part of his best form.

Need to go hard at JGov once Sloane has signed.
Hartigan is fine when up & about.

J Gov isn't coming to the Crows.

Our coaches seem to still believe that the game is won by height. They lack imagination and are completely risk averse. When push comes to shove, they will revert to height. With full hindsight, they'd still pick the same 22 against the Tiges in the GF.

Maybe they would be hoping are 3 best players don’t die with stage fright again

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure fine is enough to win a flag these days (ie defenders).
How many teams have more than 1 All Australian key defender.

As much as I would love to have J Gov, we can't afford him in our cap.

We already have Talia, Hartigan, Keath & Otten as options, so it is not a priority imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back