Analysis Your Teams Best Win and Worse Loss of the 2018 Home and Away Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
The finals are done to death, what's your teams best and worst home and away game for the season?

For us:-

Best Win- I considered the Carlton game. A really dominant display led by an incredible game by Josh Kelly. The Blues actually beat us last year so didn't really look like easybeats to us going in.

Decided on round 11 against the Crows at AO though.We were coming off 4 straight losses and had never beaten the Crows at home.

Worst Loss- The Bombers at Spotless in round 10. We were well and truly in the game up until the last QTR then capitulated without a yelp. No doubt the Bombers fans will say their midfield took the game from us and fair enough., That was the low point of our season.

Dishonourable mention to round 23 when we were bashed up around the contest by the Demons.

Best: Bulldogs, after a goal from Ziebell at the 11th hour.

Worst: Collingwood. They just did as they pleased, all game.

Best: Even if the GF was a normal home and away game it might be the best but, excepting finals, probably the Collingwood round 17 game. We did start slow, as we usually did, but finished with a dominant display. First win against the Pies at the G (though not in Melbourne) since 1995, felt it was a real statement game.

Worst: Essendon game at home. Sure, we missed JD and JK, but they jumped us and we looked like a rabble.

Best win - Melbourne, Round 4
Worst loss - Melbourne, Semi Finals (honourable mention to both Brisbane games, but this one ended our season)

Best win: the game against Richmond. Tigers fans keep telling us that if we'd played them in the GF, they would have flogged us. But in the only game that mattered between the two sides this season, it was them that copped the flogging.

Worst loss: Round 1 -- WC vs Buddy Franklin. Ugh.

Best win - Adelaide at Adelaide Oval. That was a complete annihilation of an inform Crows outfit on their home turf.

Worst loss - Geelong in round eight at the G. Not too many performances that I would label as ‘disgusting’ are out there but that’s one of them. I was cut about that more so than the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best win - Bombers

Worst loss - Freo - down 12 goals to nil at half time against a hapless Dockers at etihad.

Also solid WTF from OP saying your team's best win was against us! - lel
I actually didn't, I said I considered it. It was nearly a perfect game game from us though. Leon said in his presser it was the best footy we'd played all year, it's not so strange.

Best win vs Geelong. Played better all night, good high scoring game with a minor scare at the end.

North second time with third quarter onslaught was also close to it.

Worst Loss vs Adelaide. Terrible conditons and didn't really adapt to the rain. Pushed off it physically as it went on.

First two rounds were pretty bad too.

Best win: the game against Richmond. Tigers fans keep telling us that if we'd played them in the GF, they would have flogged us. But in the only game that mattered between the two sides this season, it was them that copped the flogging.

Worst loss: Round 1 -- WC vs Buddy Franklin. Ugh.

I still think that game was so much more telling than people realized. Still, everyone said it meant absolutely nothing, even 2 weeks ago. But for me, it showed that WC as an aerial threat will beat any midfield pressure game, and well...it did.

Best win - Adelaide at Adelaide Oval. That was a complete annihilation of an inform Crows outfit on their home turf.

Worst loss - Geelong in round eight at the G. Not too many performances that I would label as ‘disgusting’ are out there but that’s one of them. I was cut about that more so than the grand final.
Hard to argue with these choices. That Adelaide win over there was massive at the time considering how early in the season it was, nobody really predicted their downfall and on top of that we hadn’t beaten them in five years.

A couple of losses that I found just as disappointing as that Geelong game were v Hawthorn in round 1 when after a promising offseason from all reports we came out and lost in the exact same manner as we’d been losing games for the previous two years, and against WCE late in the year when we were coming off a seven game winning streak and started pretty well but just didn’t have any answers at all when they started to get on top.

Best - even beating Port after the siren (and having been 8 points down with under a minute left) comes second to beating Richmond in a dominant display that confirmed to supporters that we were an actual legitimate shot at the flag this year (even if the rest of the footy world didn't catch on until there was 90 seconds remaining in the GF).

Best - even beating Port after the siren (and having been 8 points down with under a minute left) comes second to beating Richmond in a dominant display that confirmed to supporters that we were an actual legitimate shot at the flag this year (even if the rest of the footy world didn't catch on until there was 90 seconds remaining in the GF).
I thought after the QF you were most likely. Think you're being a bit too negative. The Vic press were on the Tigers Bandwagon though.

Best: the McGovern goal after the siren against Port on their home ground. Was magical.
Worst: the Essendon loss at home. Were out of it before 3/4 time and the players looked disinterested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back