Youtube - '97 & '98 Grand Final Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Work Mate, top thread and top effort but the sound is coming through funny on multiple videos can you fix or tell me how to fix?

Good Work Mate, top thread and top effort but the sound is coming through funny on multiple videos can you fix or tell me how to fix?

Unfortunately thats the quality of sound im getting with the program im using to rip the video from vhs to digital. I will try to get better quality at a later time and if achieved will replace vids.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I watched 3 of the 97 ones (7 news where they spoke to Hookes and the 2 Today Tonight ones)
loved them

will watch 98 later :)

Unfortunately thats the quality of sound im getting with the program im using to rip the video from vhs to digital. I will try to get better quality at a later time and if achieved will replace vids.
OT, what are you using to do this, i'm doing my collection of around 40 old games on VHS at the moment, and i'm not happy with the software i'm using..

is it okay if i add this in here coz it is sort of media and it is so awesome!!!!

[YOUTUBE]NPCHaT_q6hE[/YOUTUBE]

Being a South Aussie and having a mate play in both those GF's as well as going to the 98 one and meeting up with him after at the crown show, it was an amazing time!

and these songs were sensational!!!!

going to try and locate the other one from after they won.

4 VIDS ADDED TO THE 1997 GRAND FINAL SERIES SECTION -

PRE 97 GF TALK SHOW

[YOUTUBE]_TUrFx6B_Sc[/YOUTUBE]

PRE 97 GF NEWS REPORTS 1

[YOUTUBE]Ex0vvLzKDb4[/YOUTUBE]

PRE 97 GF NEWS REPORTS 2

[YOUTUBE]DkxFtEgDupg[/YOUTUBE]

PRE 97 GF TALKING FOOTY

[YOUTUBE]kPapXgS0o68[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is it okay if i add this in here coz it is sort of media and it is so awesome!!!!

[YOUTUBE]NPCHaT_q6hE[/YOUTUBE]

Being a South Aussie and having a mate play in both those GF's as well as going to the 98 one and meeting up with him after at the crown show, it was an amazing time!

and these songs were sensational!!!!

going to try and locate the other one from after they won.
Those videos were the first ones I thought of when they mentioned our GF media. Very apparent that no one wanted us to win, or expected us to win either so it was great to stick it to them :D

someone has uploaded our first final against Hawthorn back in '93

always good to see who is in the crowd back then. Looking a little more fresh faced, a little less blonder and a lot less Port obsessed in those days.

2me90le.png

The audio of your videos IMO exhibits the classic symptom of "clipping".

Wikipedia on Clipping

This means that if you think of the audio as a "chain", from source to final destination, with the original video as the source, your vhs player when it did the recording as somewhere in the middle, as it is playing now as the very next link, and the recording program as the final link in the chain ... then somewhere along the line the audio signal has got so loud as to be too loud for the equipment. At that point the signal was distorted.

Subsequently you have "turned the volume back down" at a later link in the chain, so the audio doesn't seem too loud in the final output ... but the distortion that was introduced earlier is still there.

Now, if the distortion happened before the original was recorded, then the distortion is in the recording itself and it cannot be removed.

If the recording is not distorted, however, then you might be able to fix this problem by turning down the volume at the earliest point of the chain that you can. Only turn up the volume at the very end of the chain. If that doesn't work, then somewhere along the line you are "overloading" your audio chain. You might, for example, be putting a line output signal into a microphone input, or a high impedance output into a low impedance input, or something like that. Try using a different input, if one is available.

Hope this helps.

- more vids added for those interested -

[YOUTUBE]iO5Ucuf9jV0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6Ny_Q905a_g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ByXkqasxKbY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZEDJkVu_UUo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EnbDhaWs2Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FTdI7BF7kAo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Njs2W7CpLak[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]86Cdo957KUk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XTmV9K9Ab-E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]96Y9q9TyHk0[/YOUTUBE]