Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

B4L didn’t say he was, merely suggested supporters of other clubs would appreciate his work if he was there list manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Read his post and try again.

You think you’re getting a top 4 pick for Bruest?
Bruest is 30 this year, will be 31 in 2022 - I'd suspect he's more in the Sam Mitchell trade range than Zac Merrett who is 25 and in his prime

Does seem to be a big distinction with value when you get over 30.

Gibbs and Beams went for multiple first rounders in their late 20's to clubs who believed they were in the premiership contention. You're every chance to make a Hail Mary trade if you find the right club to trade with, but I just couldn't see Breust going for any more than a second rounder, which is probably his FA range anyway.

Quality free agents don't go to a rebuilding club.
And prior to 2016 Richmond didn't win AFL era flags, yet here we are.

Just because it hasn't happened previous doesn't mean it can't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quality free agents don't go to a rebuilding club.
They will if you pay them enough.
Lycett went to Port (10th) in 2018
Corr went to North (18th) at the end of last year.

They're not top liners but still decent players.

Roberton and Dunstan together are on over a million dollars?
Does st kilda not have a salary cap?
Roberton signed a lucrative contract (up to $700K PA) the year he made the AA squad and came 2nd in the B&F, and Dunstan on a 3 or 4 year deal would be on at least $400K PA (just over the average AFL wage) so depending on how their contacts are structured, losing them alone could free up a mil.

Roberton signed a lucrative contract (up to $700K PA) the year he made the AA squad and came 2nd in the B&F, and Dunstan on a 3 or 4 year deal would be on at least $400K PA (just over the average AFL wage) so depending on how their contacts are structured, losing them alone could free up a mil.
Dunstans was just a 2 year deal.

It is Webster who is halfway through a 4 year deal on probably similar wage to Dunstan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back