Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does any player want to stay at Bombers! Internally it must not be a happy place.

About time something like this happened tbh. Our players are far to comfortable just collecting a pay cheque with no accountability.

Would be a great pick up for anyone but will cost to much for port we don't have the picks.

Not really, are you saying Merrett is worth 2x top 10 picks straight up?

Theres a case for it, but i dont think we'll have a top 10 pick next year. But hes got good footskills, plays a balance between inside and out, no injury concerns, footy IQ, and hes contracted. They'd want a lot and its not unreasonable tbh.

2 firsts+Constable

That's too much I think although he is a gun. Id want some sort of pick back in that scenario. I think 2 picks in the first round (say 10-20 range) is about merretts value.

Theres a case for it, but i dont think we'll have a top 10 pick next year. But hes got good footskills, plays a balance between inside and out, no injury concerns, footy IQ, and hes contracted. They'd want a lot and its not unreasonable tbh.
You'd want something coming back even if it was pick 7 and 11-13.

I'll agree that not all firsts are worth the same. We paid pick 9(1,469 draft points) & pick (1,329 draft points) and recieved Dylan + GWS 2nd round pick (17 = 1,025 draft points) which would seem to me that Dylan is worth aproximately one top 2 pick or equivalent in draft points to that.

I think Zac is worth more than that, All Australian, younger, club B&F winner (x2), contracted. I dunno, might just be me but I would take a top 3 pick for Zac.

Top 3 picks basically rarely get traded though except for absolute greats and I doubt Zac wants to go to a bottom 3 club anyway. You might get a top 3 pick equivalent in draft points but not straight up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfollowed Essendon on Instagram apparently 😱😱
Players are being advised to do that apparently over the off season for their own mental health.

Something about "supporters" abusing players online because they cant handle the inadequacies of their own sad, pathetic lives and need to live vicariously through a group of strangers in their 20s.

Players are being advised to do that apparently over the off season for their own mental health.

Something about "supporters" abusing players online because they cant handle the inadequacies of their own sad, pathetic lives and need to live vicariously through a group of strangers in their 20s.
Pretty sick. Wish those types would take a good look at themselves in the mirror and start living through their children's lives instead, like normal people.

Aren't most of us here are living vicariously through a group of strangers in their 20s rn? I hope the level of abuse we're hearing about now is virus lockdown related and not something that is always like this that we're only just hearing about.

Pretty sick. Wish those types would take a good look at themselves in the mirror and start living through their children's lives instead, like normal people.

Agreed.

Bont is two firsts.

Cripps is two firsts.

Fyfe is two firsts.

Merret is a level down from them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How do you know Bont, Cripps and Fyfe are worth 2 1sts? What is this based on? When was the last time a player of that calibre was traded for that amount?

All we know is that Beams, Treloar, Shiel, Neale, Kelly have traded for around 2x 1sts, and while I would take most from that list ahead of Zerrett at the time they were traded, Zerrett deserves to be in the same conversation still.

How do you know Bont, Cripps and Fyfe are worth 2 1sts? What is this based on? When was the last time a player of that calibre was traded for that amount?

All we know is that Beams, Treloar, Shiel, Neale, Kelly have traded for around 2x 1sts, and while I would take most from that list ahead of Zerrett at the time they were traded, Zerrett deserves to be in the same conversation still.
Shiel was 9+future first (13) with a second coming back, so not exactly two firsts.

Essendon would ask for 2 firsts as a start for their best player who is under contract. Thats fair enough imo.

Then they would ask for more.
More of a meme than a reality at this point. Although in this particular case I'd be surprised if a trade was requested or entertained.

Shiel was 9+future first (13) with a second coming back, so not exactly two firsts.

More of a meme than a reality at this point. Although in this particular case I'd be surprised if a trade was requested or entertained.
No way dons trade him. Isn’t he a mad essendon person ? I seem to remember he grew up barracking for the bombers. Reckon he stays during the tough times. Unless they get overs don’t trade him or they decide it’s time for a rebuild which i doubt they will.
Worth an early first and a second or two lateish firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back