Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

That being said, if Leaver can get you two firsts, Gibbs can get two firsts and Shiel can get two firsts, let me tell you Merrett can get two firsts every day of the week.
A player is worth whatever someone is willing to give, what we value them as is irrelevant.
Also... Merrett may not be as "good" or as celebrated as the players you mentioned but if he can be the POD for a club and make difference to "them" in relation to their own success then that's really all that counts.
top 10 in the coaches votes this year. regularly polls well

Fair to say in club land, they rate him

It’s a bit rich Carlton supporters giving nth supporters crap for overpaying when you’ve offered a half back flanker 850-900k a year for 5 years.

I heard it was more like $1.4m per year for 10 years. And he gets a job with Visy and gets to marry Rebecca Twigley as well.

For what it's worth, Zac Merrett is absolutely worth two first round picks, depending on who has them (eg: if it's Carlton with what will be pick 8-12 in a weird draft and then pick 17-18 next year, then yep, totally worth it.

Too high of a price to pay the only team that would do it is Geelong because they have 4 first rounders not to mention people don’t want to deal with dodoro. Rather wait a year and see if Essendon match an offer. But if Essendon finish low they’d get a second low pick and likely wouldn’t match it.
It's pretty clear you don't rate Zac and that's fine but I'll live in reality thanks

Shiel deal nearly fell through teams don’t want to deal with Essendon while dodoro’s in charge because he strings it along to the last day teams want to do work quickly.teams are also learning to be patient and wait.

This contradicts itself in one post.

How can a club be patient and wait yet Adrian drags things out?!

:rolleyes:

You've just clocked trade week :thumbsu:

That being said, if Leaver can get you two firsts, Gibbs can get two firsts and Shiel can get two firsts, let me tell you Merrett can get two firsts every day of the week.
A player is worth whatever someone is willing to give, what we value them as is irrelevant.
Also... Merrett may not be as "good" or as celebrated as the players you mentioned but if he can be the POD for a club and make difference to "them" in relation to their own success then that's really all that counts.

Absolutely correct.What a club is willing to pay even if overs is what it is however on pure talent alone he ain’t two firsts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shiel deal nearly fell through teams don’t want to deal with Essendon while dodoro’s in charge because he strings it along to the last day teams want to do work quickly.teams are also learning to be patient and wait.

How is the deal nearly fell through when he took less money to join us?

Absolutely correct.What a club is willing to pay even if overs is what it is however on pure talent alone he ain’t two firsts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Talent is subjective. Take away who I support, Merrett is absolutely worth two first round draft picks imo. To categorically say he's not worth two first rounders on talent shows you dont watch a lot of Zach Merrett. His achievements over his career compared to your own Patrick Cripps are not to dissimilar.

Talent is subjective. Take away who I support, Merrett is absolutely worth two first round draft picks imo. To categorically say he's not worth two first rounders on talent shows you dont watch a lot of Zach Merrett. His achievements over his career compared to your own Patrick Cripps are not to dissimilar.
Merett is a highly talented player no doubt.
Would part with 2 late firsts for him. Cripps has him well covered though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merett is a highly talented player no doubt.
Would part with 2 late firsts for him. Cripps has him well covered though.
Cripps is probably a poor example for people to use. He is unllikely to be traded so no comparison there.

If anything Shiel &/or Treloar are worthwhile comparisons to be fair. Both went for first rounders even if mid/late picks in the end.

Cripps is probably a poor example for people to use. He is unllikely to be traded so no comparison there.

If anything Shiel &/or Treloar are worthwhile comparisons to be fair. Both went for first rounders even if mid/late picks in the end.
[/QUOTE
Pick 7 and a second rounder i would do

Whats the likely total over 5 years going to be?

Heavily front ended I would assume? Allow for a war chest to build up and then in 2 - 4 years time have money to go hard for a high level Free Agent I'd assume/
I have no idea, probably 4-5 million.

You can rest assured though that the football department at Carlton have a better understand of the salary cap situation there than people on BigFooty

top 10 in the coaches votes this year. regularly polls well

Fair to say in club land, they rate him
Or it shows that his own coach rates him. Merrett got 55 votes total.

He got 10 votes against Sydney, 10 votes against Gold Coast, 9 against the Giants, 7 against the Crows. Those were the only times you could say the opposition coach really rated him. 4 times. Covered 36 of his 55 votes.

Coaches votes are hard to rate when you don't know which coach gave which. Some of them are just mystifying. I've seen times when one coach gave someone 5 votes and the other gave them 0.

He's one of the very few that would walk into any clubs best 22. I hope he and the others go. They all deserve better. Essendon have been s**t. They've sold a story for too long with no action.

We're pushing for the 4. We need player X and player y. Then we're set. The club are great story tellers but s**t at football. It's more business then football at Essendon. Please, find a better club, Zach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back