Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow Henderson = Dangerfield

No wonder Adelaide want to play for something better which theyre in their rights to do or else we wouldnt have such a thing as an RFA!

Franklin wasn't = pick 19 , but that's the system .
Henderson will yield the Cats first rounder because he doesn't qualify for any form of FA .
Don't give yourself an ulcer , concentrate on how best to use your compo pick ...

Henderson will yield the Cats first rounder because he doesn't qualify for any form of FA .
Don't give yourself an ulcer , concentrate on how best to use your compo pick ...

Hahahaha did you not listen to hear how RFA works

Maybe you might wont to check out the AFL website aswell and work out that Adelaide do have an option to match this offer and either force PD to seek a trade or risk his future

Reading your comments you obviously dont understand how RFA works, I understand it does take longer for it to sink in with some people!

But if Adelaide match Dangerfield's restricted free agency Henderson then moves to a 2nd rounder.

But if Adelaide match Dangerfield's restricted free agency Henderson then moves to a 2nd rounder.

Geelong offer 2 years at $1.2 million per year .
Dangerfield walks into Adelaide and says ,
I don't want to play at this club ,
I will be going home to Victoria ,
I want to accept Geelong's offer ,
If you match i will walk for nothing in 2 years anyway .
Can you see Adelaide matching ?

Geelong wouldn't waste their own time offering their second rounder for Henderson , their first rounder gets it done .

Add Selwood under FA as well and it's a fairly handy October for the Cats .

Geelong wouldn't waste their own time offering their second rounder for Henderson , their first rounder gets it done .

Yes I can see Adelaide matching, it'll still either force Geelong into a trade or Adelaide get 2 years of service with one of the best mids in the game. And then theres the possibility of Dangerfield wanting to end his career at Adelaide if things on field continue to improve.

If Geelong want Dangerfield they want him now, they want Danger and Selwood together at their best for as long as possible while they still have their older players like Bartel and Stevie J running around, Geelong won't want to wait 2 years, they will trade if they want him.

On top, you think if Dangerfield (top 5 mid in the comp) says to Geelong hey I want to play at your club, Geelong are going to say only if we can get you for free, every club would trade for a player of Dangers calibre, Geelong would be the biggest joke if they didn't trade for him.

Adelaide have no reason not to match. It's the entire point of RFA, if the contract is reasonable and the player is worth more than the compensation, a team will match any day of the week and force a trade.

How about paying a bloke $2.4 million for 2 years that doesn't want to play at your club and then walks for nothing ?
Walsh won't cop that , it would destroy the fabric of the playing group .
Player's get to where they want to play , Dangerfield/Geelong hold the aces ...

How about paying a bloke $2.4 million for 2 years that doesn't want to play at your club and then walks for nothing ?
Walsh won't cop that , it would destroy the fabric of the playing group .
Player's get to where they want to play , Dangerfield/Geelong hold the aces ...
And then Geelong will trade for him.

This Red bull fellow isn't too bright.

I think he is on the money with the suggestion that cats will offer 1.2 million a year for 2 years. No way will crows match an offer and overpay a guy for 2 years that doesn't want to be there. I still think the cats and crows will work out a deal that sees the crows get a 1st round compensation from free agency and then cats will offer there 1st round pick for a player like Sam Kerridge or similar. Crows then come out with 2 first rounders for Danger which is fair. Carlton will not directly get a 1st round pick from cats for Henderson, i dare say they will get whatever we get for Motlop. Maybe Motlop to bombers, Carlisle to blues, Henderson to cats. Give or take a couple of other pick swaps here and there.

What about Motlop to pies, Scharenberg to crows and Kerridge to cats, if crows dont match free agency offer.

Crows get 1st rounder (free agency compo) and Scharenberg for Dangerfield and and Kerridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't need too .

Adelaide won't destroy their own club over an individual , it's swings and slides and Adelaide know that .

They take their first round compo pick and have cap space available for when necessary ala the Hawthorn/Franklin situation .
No chance Geelong won't trade for a top 5 mid of the comp, Adelaide know this.

They up their compo and have cap space for when necessary.

Geelong would be nuts not to trade and everyone knows it including Adelaide. Also with injuries ruining careers early Danger isn't accepting a 2 year deal.

What about Motlop to pies, Scharenberg to crows and Kerridge to cats, if crows dont match free agency offer.

Crows get 1st rounder (free agency compo) and Scharenberg for Dangerfield and and Kerridge.
Collingwood get Motlop for Scharenberg? WOW good deal for them.

I think he is on the money with the suggestion that cats will offer 1.2 million a year for 2 years. No way will crows match an offer and overpay a guy for 2 years that doesn't want to be there. I still think the cats and crows will work out a deal that sees the crows get a 1st round compensation from free agency and then cats will offer there 1st round pick for a player like Sam Kerridge or similar. Crows then come out with 2 first rounders for Danger which is fair. Carlton will not directly get a 1st round pick from cats for Henderson, i dare say they will get whatever we get for Motlop. Maybe Motlop to bombers, Carlisle to blues, Henderson to cats. Give or take a couple of other pick swaps here and there.

Why would Carlton trade out Henderson effectively for Carlisle who has a potential 2 year ban hanging over his head ?

Buddy never actually said he was going to GWS. It was all assumed by a snowball of media speculation. Blind leading the blind.

Has Dangerfield ever actually said he wants to go to Geelong?

I'd love it if we were to be to ones swooping in but for me, Collingwood are being awlfully coy on this.

They are an incredibly juicy proposition, better option than Geelong on the field, off the field and after he leaves the field...

$700,000 x 5 years = $3.5 million .
First contact 2 years at $1.2 million per year to blow Adelaide out of the water .
The balance spread over a second , 3 year contract .
And Danger has a career ending injury in his second year?

$1.2m x 2 is $2.4m.

Reports suggest $800,000 x 5 not $700,000, that is $4 million. its a big difference.

At 26/27 years of age what injury would be career ending ?
Over a 5 year contract with salary cap increases , 500k is manageable even if that were the case .
Plenty of injuries ruin careers early, could be just an injury that turns him from a star to average player lowering his next deal.

Regardless Adelaide will match any offer, they'll match knowing every club including Geelong will trade for him. Geelong are going to have to trade for him regardless. As reported Geelong are after Scott Selwood and Henderson (as you mentioned) as well. Along with trying to retain Tom Hawkins. They'll also want to retain Bartell, Kelly, Enright and Stevie J on lower contracts, how will Geelong expect to fit all these players under the cap if they are paying Danger $1.2Million next year? They are better off saving $400k and having a tilt at another premiership.

Plenty of injuries ruin careers early, could be just an injury that turns him from a star to average player lowering his next deal.

Regardless Adelaide will match any offer, they'll match knowing every club including Geelong will trade for him. Geelong are going to have to trade for him regardless. As reported Geelong are after Scott Selwood and Henderson (as you mentioned) as well. Along with trying to retain Tom Hawkins. They'll also want to retain Bartell, Kelly, Enright and Stevie J on lower contracts, how will Geelong expect to fit all these players under the cap if they are paying Danger $1.2Million next year? They are better off saving $400k and having a tilt at another premiership.

I guess he could be struck by lightning ...
Look , Geelong and Dangerfield will have an agreement between them over a 5 year deal total $ figure .
I would expect the announcement of retirements of several Geelong veterans in due course , freeing up the necessary cap space .
Trading Motlop etc also clears cap space .

Why would Carlton trade out Henderson effectively for Carlisle who has a potential 2 year ban hanging over his head ?

Because Henderson doesn't want to be there and Carlisle does. Also Jake is a couple of years younger than Lachie. No way is Henderson at his age and output worth a top 10 selection. Pick 15 - 20 at best, about the same value as Motlop, Carlisle, Scharenberg or Aish.

Look , Geelong and Dangerfield will have an agreement between them over a 5 year deal total $ figure .
I would expect the announcement of retirements of several Geelong veterans in due course , freeing up the necessary cap space .

Forget Geelong and Adelaide! Pd is the major player if he wants to get back to Victoria with an uncondional can't be challenged guarantee, what is the only way this can occur! Your thinking of what Adelaide and Geelong might do but not what PD wants who is the major part of the whole deal!

Brent Riley's career ended this year, look what injures have done for Mitch Clark, Look what freak injury did to Matt Egan, remember David Schwartz? Max Bailey? Justin Longmuire?

No doubt Geelong will get some more cap room back but I'd expect they'd want to keep most of their ageing harden stars especially if they land Dangerfield for another tilt at a flag. Geelong will get Dangerfield regardless of what contract they offer, they might as well save as much room under the cap as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back