Mega Thread Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

hey Guys.. posted this on the Lions thread after the Syd Vs Lions game and wanted to share it here. The thing that has gotten me is the general public's misunderstanding of 'racism'. We are all arguing about the word 'racism' but 85% of people don't get what it actually is. Anyway, I was proud of this post, so wanted to share here.

This whole, 'but it's not racist if they call us white bastards' thing going on in forums and on Facebook is so silly. Racism is about oppression of a minority.

When we jeer the 'bloody poms' that is us essentially jeering our master, in a sense - we are the minority. We cannot oppress them because they are larger than us, population, power, world standing.. It's like teasing our father as a "silly old man" - and we are both of the same race anyway!? Lol, generally.. as we share Anglo origin.

When we jeer, boo or abuse an aboriginal man, we do so as the majority, therefore we do so in a weak fashion, 1000 on to 1, we use our power structure in society to alienate them, they are a minority, they are susceptible to the majority enforcing their power upon them.

Is there an issue with one person having an opinion on Adam Goodes and the way he dives for free kicks? No.. Is there an issue with one person taking exception to his politics.. No, is it ok to disagree he deserved Australian of the year.. Yes it's fine, is it ok for hundreds of thousands of white Australians to actively and continually boo him for reasons still unknown, no.. It's a form of ongoing bullying and oppression by the majority.

Jobe Watson gets boo'd every game he plays, but as he is white and not a minority, he doesen't have to leave the ground wondering if it's his race that is the reason he is being subjected to abuse, Adam Goodes does, and in a modern, educated society.. The onus is on the majority to be aware of the power they have over the minority, not visa versa, we have the benefits of being the majority, one of the cons is we have to be aware that we need to not oppress or outcast the minorities in our society.

Racism is about power structure and the oppression of minority's and our the notion of superiority by the majority, a minority pretty much can't be racist. therefore it is not racism for us to jeer the poms. Lol

Having said that, I'm not a fan of the way Goodes plays and damned if I'm going to bite my tounge when it comes to football, the booing thing is 50% blind crowd participation, 20% 'I've never liked that smug prick'.. 20%... 'you can't tell me not to boo and abos '.. 10% 'I hate ******* abos'.. So dammed if I'm gunner sit there and boo, if there's a risk the crowd around me, or my son or daughter can possibly confuse me as that last 10%.

I probably don't even need to say this, but if any of our supporters out there are even contemplating doing something as moronic as throwing eggs, don't. If you do you deserve to get kicked out of the ground. That's appalling and worse than the people who are booing.

If we spot ANY post encouraging this kind of retaliatory behaviour on this board it will result in an instant red card.
You should have heard Gillon on 3AW this morning. He had the opportunity to knock any thought of anyone throwing eggs on the head, but instead he pussy footed around it saying that he shouldn't be making comments on what other people want to do, or something to that effect. He's as W.A.P.

Would have been better saying everyone who booes is perpetuating racism, which I suspect is what he meant but, you know, soundbites/laziness and all that.
The one who knows that Goodes will consider booing him as racially offensive and does it anyway is similar to the one who knows African Americans consider the "N" word as racially offensive and does it anyway in my opinion. I guess that this is the premise they are basing their statements on. If the person who deliberately calls a person the "N" word but doesn't intend racism is a racist, then those who boo Adam Goodes while knowing his take on it are too even if they don't want to be. If the former group are not considered as racists, then the latter group are not either.

I really don't know whether they should be called racists though. It depends on whether or not the definition of racism takes intention as a requisite in order to be labelled as a racist. What can be confirmed about both groups though is that they are racially insensitive and careless of the modern-day issues surrounding race, whether they are classified as racists or not. They take racial abuse as a minor issue and ridicule those like Adam Goodes that want to alert the people through a public medium, such as the AFL, about the seriousness of this issue. They'd rather sweep this under the carpet and continue with their casual racism only because they don't deal with it or its repercussions and don't want to sympathise with others about it

Last edited:
It's funny that the first time we hear from Fat Eddie is when he comes out to criticize the Swans fans based on a rumour of throwing eggs. He hasn't been heard from prior. It would have been nice if he spoke out years ago against the Collingwood supporters spitting at and throwing urine on the opposition players and supporters at Vic Park.

Which is my point.

This guy isn't a member of the Swans Cheer Squad in Melbourne or Sydney, the Melbourne CS aren't packing anything up to travel to Sydney - Eddie has fallen for a person telling porkies.

Also in regards to crowd behaviour, doesn't Eddie have better things to do such as control his fans after last weekend rather than be misled into saying how fans will react to something we aren't doing?

Where we disagree is you believe someone actually existed to tell porkies. i reckon Maguire made it all up.

Sam Newmans comments are blinded by his clear racial cloud. He's always been a racist, and he always will be. He's a self-entitled, delusional flog whose views are so terribly, terribly wrong. The fact that people listen and draw ideas from him is only what is going to make this countries racist nature worse than it already is. Here's the proof:

The quicker people like this flog get out of the country or die, the better our future will be.

Sam Newman is the 'worst of bigfooty' personified and televised.

Don't you think this is most likely a beat-up by Maguire? It's exactly the type of stunt he would pull. You know, an imaginary contact in the Swans cheer squad. Who in the Swans cheer squad would demean themselves by talking to Maguire or his followers?
I think Andrew Ireland's statement was fine. We are so delicate about everyone else's sensibilities, that we don't state the real issue clearly.

Quite possibly. It wouldn't surprise me though if somebody thought it was a good idea. People can be stupid when they're angry. Stupid enough, even, to blurt out their plans to smuggle eggs into a stadium to the media.

There is nothing wrong with what he said, its about ALL Australians

I don't get why Andrew Bolt all but accused him of trying to start a race war, you can disagree with Goodes' comments, that's fair enough in a liberal democracy, but don't turn his words into something they're not.

I would be very suprised if the rumours of egg throwing are true. I think Adam Goodes would be feel very disapointed and ashamed of Swans fans if this happened. That's why I don't believe it will ever happen. Don't worry about morons like McGuire, Newman, etc. they're just attention whores.

I must admit that I and some of my friends have boooed AG in the past, but none of it was racially motivated. However, I do believe there is a % of people who have racial motives to boo him. Not sure what that % is but even if it 1% then this has to stop. Unfortunately though there will always be a % of the population that will be ignorant, insensitive or just plain racist bigots. I was born and raised in Oz and parents were migrants in the 60's. I can't tell you how many times I have been called a WOG or grease ball in my life. Even up until recently I heard it at a game but did not retaliate as I was with very young kids and behaved myself. Some people never learn.......

Ps. Hope that Goodsey is back in business soon and enjoying his footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How quiet has Eddie been about it?! Just sitting back watching his hate evolve into this monster. I'm not sure if he'd feel embarassed, happy, disgusted, vilified, content with it all. I hope he makes a strong statement against the booing as Im sure he (like Dermott, Dunstall, Newman, Carey) holds some sway with those who support the booing & cannot comprehend the issue. We change the main footy media culprits & we in turn change the thinking of the thousands of blind sheep following their every opinion.

The silence from Tony Abbott and the rest of the Federal govt ministers are deafening too. Isn't Abbott in charge of indigenous matters too ? Then again, i am not surprised about this silence from Canberra.

I don't get why Andrew Bolt all but accused him of trying to start a race war, you can disagree with Goodes' comments, that's fair enough in a liberal democracy, but don't turn his words into something they're not.
At it again on ten news now

The likes of Bolt, Jones, Newman, Devine etc should swap places with some of the asylum seekers in Nauru , PNG etc
Maybe these refugees will become better Australians than Bolt etc
I don't think I have ever agreed with anything Bolt has said, ever.

The silence from Tony Abbott and the rest of the Federal govt ministers are deafening too. Isn't Abbott in charge of indigenous matters too ? Then again, i am not surprised about this silence from Canberra.

As it happens, I was at a function and spoke with Abbott about this very matter last night. You are being unfair.

He is in no position to brand the booing as racism. He, like most, doesn't really understand it and my long winded explanation didn't much help.

To fully understand it you really have to be a Melbourne based supporter who goes to most Melbourne games. Only then can you appreciate the enormity of the issue. Only then can you realise that it's been going on a lot longer than 2 years. And only then can you hear the conversations and comments and expressions of hate that accompany the booing.

This whole thing is making me feel more and more sick. The issue has been hijacked by the Social Justice Warriors now and there is no more divisive group then them.

Goodes is about unity.

As ive said before people like Bolt need to be put in orange jumpsuits, absolute s**t human beings

Bolt isn't a s**t bloke though, I don't like him, but he is just of the school of thought that believes that we are all equal and no one group should be given any favours or treated differently from any other. However, he is way off on this issue.

As it happens, I was at a function and spoke with Abbott about this very matter last night. You are being unfair.

He is in no position to brand the booing as racism. He, like most, doesn't really understand it and my long winded explanation didn't much help.

To fully understand it you really have to be a Melbourne based supporter who goes to most Melbourne games. Only then can you appreciate the enormity of the issue. Only then can you realise that it's been going on a lot longer than 2 years. And only then can you hear the conversations and comments and expressions of hate that accompany the booing.

This whole thing is making me feel more and more sick. The issue has been hijacked by the Social Justice Warriors now and there is no more divisive group then them.

Goodes is about unity.
I was at the Suns game, the booing was bad there too. One of my previous posts describes my interaction with one guy and his gorilla act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back