Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that in relation to my comment that I think Freo will not be disppointed in what they get from St Kilda for Hill 'cause that question doesn't really fit?

Anyway, since we're asking unrelated questions, do you think that with Brad's history of moving for the best deal/money he will still be at St Kilda in 3 years once he has got the lion's share of his front loaded contract (gotta have money put aside for those King twins)?
Very good question.Who know's, what do contracts mean nowadays?
Offered 5 has two flags, unless he is offered a mill a year as a 29 year old probably will be, but can't be sure on too many players nowadays.

Fyfe probably for Freo, we had Riewoldt, but we have none ATM I could be positive will be a one team 10-15 season marquee player.

This trade should be so easy.... Pick 6 for Hill. Done and Dusted.

He requested a trade to a team... If Freo fans think they have some huge bargaining power, i just dont remember too many players requesting to be traded to a specific club and not getting there by the end of the trade period. Also if you are competing for a trade for Tim Kelly, seems you're probably going to need another top 10 pick asap....

If anything, maybe add a late pick on top just to add a bit of zesty mayonnaise.
Simple. He's contracted for another 2 years, so even if we don't trade him this year we have all the power. Freo are basically out of the race for Tim Kelly so I don't think we need to give up Hill this year unless the deal is well and truly overs. Pick 6 in a s**t draft isn't overs at all for a contracted player in our best 5.

No, I think looking at the history of contracted players leaving Freo it has more to do with the club than Hill's contract.
Does that mean you don't think Hill will leave St Kilda during the next 5 years because players leave Freo and not Saints? Last I checked, your best mid was asking to go to Geelong, and your best tall forward to Bulldogs. :think:

Since we're talking about Hill, well it all started with Mayne who was a dead eye dick who then completely lost his mojo and went from being the best kick in front of goal in the comp to probably the worst and for 2 years was a complete liability. Then, thankfully he wanted to go to Collingwood and we were given pick 23 which we passed to Hawks for Hill. Hill was great for us for 2y (I mean we were still moving around the bottom 8 so he didn't really put us in contention so to speak, and now after leasing him for 2y, we are going to get pick 6. From our point of view we've turned Chris "can't hit a barn door wtf" Mayne into pick 6 while having the pleasure of seeing Hill run around for us for 2y. Not a bad outcome we tend to think. Ideally, we should have drafted Hill instead of Sheridan and he would have been with us from the start and no Vic gf to drag him back to Melbourne, but that's what happens when you have a Vic recruiter (Lloyd) sitting in Vic picking all your players for a few years (glad he's gone).

No, I think looking at the history of contracted players leaving Freo it has more to do with the club than Hill's contract.
Hills missues is homesick, Hill is putting love first, has nothing against freo

Weller left for money which no other club would offer

Neale is the only one that left that warrants question marks.

Quote me when you cough up #6, because I guarantee you it's happening and he's gonna be worth it

Simple. He's contracted for another 2 years, so even if we don't trade him this year we have all the power. Freo are basically out of the race for Tim Kelly so I don't think we need to give up Hill this year unless the deal is well and truly overs. Pick 6 in a s**t draft isn't overs at all for a contracted player in our best 5.
Fair enough and i agree that Freo or in fact any club can hold onto their contracted player who has requested a trade.....yet imo, it seems the trade always ends up happening for what is generally gets reported. Pick 6 seems to be what ive been reading/hearing (which doesn't include this garbage report of pick 6 and saints get back a 2nd rounder haha).

What do you expect the trade to get done for?

The price Freo get is all relevant to what we can do with it.

Maybe 6 isn't enough but the lure of 3 picks of the WA crop under 18's/Kemp may be enough.

Maybe 6 isn't enough but if we can flip the pick for overs to West Coast, Sydney or other desperate suitors....we get more but St K don't necessarily provide it.

Need to let a few days pass and get a feel for the room.

So you don't get disappointed when your best players walk out on the club?

Neale did hurt and Hill will hurt.

Mayne, Crozier were change of scenery type deals and Balic was basically almost a delisting.

Ed ..I'd like to keep but he is a middle of the road player.

Last edited:
Fair enough and i agree that Freo or in fact any club can hold onto their contracted player who has requested a trade.....yet imo, it seems the trade always ends up happening for what is generally gets reported. Pick 6 seems to be what ive been reading/hearing (which doesn't include this garbage report of pick 6 and saints get back a 2nd rounder haha).

What do you expect the trade to get done for?

I think 6 if I'm being honest...however I'm a lying dog most of the time so 6 + future 3rd?

Then why are you paying him probably more than those guys??? :drunk:

Probably the same reason we overpaid Tarrant and Croad ...we were s**t and had to pay lots of money to someone not wearing 29.

Then why are you paying him probably more than those guys??? :drunk:
I think St Kilda has figured out that you can only trade what you've got and the player nominating you club usually means you'll get them.

It's essentially free agency lite, very smart play if it works out.

I think St Kilda has figured out that you can only trade what you've got and the player nominating you club usually means you'll get them.

If they land everyone they're rumoured to be targeting and keep any useable picks ...it'll be a magnificent effort by the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I get that but when one of those players is a top 3 player from another club still with 2 years remaining on his contract you have to be realistic that things mighten turn out like you plan

Hills missues is homesick, Hill is putting love first, has nothing against freo

Weller left for money which no other club would offer

Neale is the only one that left that warrants question marks.

Quote me when you cough up #6, because I guarantee you it's happening and he's gonna be worth it
Lol

When did I say we wouldn't give up 6?

Feel free to quote me on it. He's worth every cent of pick 6 in this draft.

Oh I get that but when one of those players is a top 3 player from another club still with 2 years remaining on his contract you have to be realistic that things mighten turn out like you plan
I wouldn't want to be trading to St Kilda with an out of contract player a week from now - that's for sure.

I completely expect them to get great value out of some of their deals this off season, just not Brad Hill, but that will be the reason why some of the later deals appear such great value, it will be whatever they have left in the pocket being traded.

Probably the same reason we overpaid Tarrant and Croad ...we were s**t and had to pay lots of money to someone not wearing 29.
I notice Blake Acres is not keen to fill your vacant scapegoat roll.

All is not lost though, maybe Menadue can step up to the plate?

Back