Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure swans take him and I don’t think many in the media have even given it a thought that they don’t take him then his draft position becomes unclear with Hawks and Suns not the most predictable drafters. He could be taken at one of those picks but that could also leave Thilthorpe as an unlikely slider aswell.

I don’t rate Ginnivan all that highly which sways my picks a bit.

I know clubs rarely sway from BPA in the top 10 but the suns only have 1 pick and they desperately need a KPD with luko better freed up at HB and guys like thompson and hombsch basically done..do you really see them passing on DGB?

I like walsh a lot but i doubt geelong take another ruck after just taking one as cat b-i think baldwin is more likely unless someone slides or we go left field and take highmore.

Love your work as always Ed.

I know clubs rarely sway from BPA in the top 10 but the suns only have 1 pick and they desperately need a KPD with luko better freed up at HB and guys like thompson and hombsch basically done..do you really see them passing on DGB?

I like walsh a lot but i doubt geelong take another ruck after just taking one as cat b-i think baldwin is more likely unless someone slides or we go left field and take highmore.

Love your work as always Ed.
Clubs rarely draft on needs in the top 5, maybe Suns can afford too but they are no guarantee to take DGB, I mean hawks could take him anyway and then they could take Thilthorpe instead.

I swear just about every year your club takes a falcons product haha Walsh is still a good fit as the Cat-B ruck is no guarantee. Neither is Walsh but he atleast has some genuine draft interest and is very ingrained in football from the start.

Not sure how I feel about NOD eDPS... feels a bit like a hometown pick although you seem to rate him a lot higher than most others. Like the rest.
If it was purely on my own feelings he would be going to Essendon haha, your club are pretty keen on him and I don’t think he gets to your next selection. A lot of strong options at that first pick

If it was purely on my own feelings he would be going to Essendon haha, your club are pretty keen on him and I don’t think he gets to your next selection. A lot of strong options at that first pick
He sounds great on paper (two-way inside mid with speed and athleticism) to the point where I thought he was ideal at the start of the year but he seems to be drifting into the 20s on most draft boards despite senior football and a great combine. Not getting to watch him this year leaves me assuming there is a gaping flaw with him is all.

I am keen and happy to see you taking him for us. What swayed me was Chris25 (I think) proposing him as an aggressive, long kicking midfielder. That is definitely a need. We can currently handle the wings with the likes of Aish, Acres and Cerra, but Noddy could be a weapon.

Brodie Lake officially on the open market Mutineer
I'm happy to take him with one of our picks in 20's even though most might think that's a bit high, ideally he's still there at 40.

Other than endurance and a bit of inconsistency kick wise what does he lack? Athleticism is off the charts.

I'm happy to take him with one of our picks in 20's even though most might think that's a bit high, ideally he's still there at 40.

Other than endurance and a bit of inconsistency kick wise what does he lack? Athleticism is off the charts.
Seems like the Suns overlooked him for two local half backs that I thought were not as good as him, they also overlooked two potent small forwards but have one rookie spot left so will be interesting who slips to that

Any thoughts on Archie Perkins telling interstate clubs not to pick him because he says he's "not ready" for that at his stage in life?

Especially now he's put it on the public record.

Where did Archie say this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 hours out and I won’t be surprised if JUH, McDonald or Thilthorpe is called at 1.

Not sure we have had 3 in contention 24 hours out.

2016 I guess with McGrath, McCluggage and Setterfield (though I feel that was more for show with the view of prying him out two years later).

Pretty silly by the boy to say it in public.

The afl wont act because they are scared of the draft system being taken to court but morally they should.

Why he even answered the question is beyond me..just could have said out or respect to the clubs involved ill keep my conversations with them private etc..if i was a manager id hate my client saying that on radio.

Any thoughts on Archie Perkins telling interstate clubs not to pick him because he says he's "not ready" for that at his stage in life?

Especially now he's put it on the public record.
Maybe Perkins should pull his nomination for the draft until he is mature enough to become a professional footballer.

2016 I guess with McGrath, McCluggage and Setterfield (though I feel that was more for show with the view of prying him out two years later).
I didn’t see any mock drafts with settlefield at 1.

You can add Holland’s as well as on the Crows board they believe he is a big chance to be called 1st.

24 hours out and I won’t be surprised if JUH, McDonald or Thilthorpe is called at 1.

Not sure we have had 3 in contention 24 hours out.
Going through history:

2019 - Rowell clear cut #1 pick very early on
2018 - Walsh clear cut #1 pick very early on
2017 - Rayner was the likely pick from about mid/late year, though not truly confirmed until quite late in the piece
2016 - McGrath bolted late, he becamse the likely #1 pick with only a couple of weeks to go, beforehand most assumed McCluggage IIRC
2015 - Weitering clear cut #1 pick once it became clear Carlton had it
2014 - closest comparison, up until about 24 hours most people expected it to be Petracca, and even he didn't become the likely #1 pick until late in the year IIRC
2013 - Boyd clear cut #1 pick very early on
2012 - Whitfield clear cut #1 pick very early on
2011 - not sure here but mattered not because Giants controlled the early selections
2010 - Swallow clear cut #1 pick very early on
2009 - can't remember but think Scully was the obvious #1 selection
2008 - Watts was mostly the #1 pick because of who had it, many still had Naitanui ahead?
2007 - Kreuzer clear cut #1 pick very early on
2006 - Gibbs clear cut #1 pick very early on
2005 - Murphy clear cut #1 pick once it became clear he wouldn't nominate as a F/S
2004 - IIRC Deledio bolted late
2003 - Cooney I think was the clear cut pick?
2002 - Goddard clear cut #1 pick very early on
2001 - I think this was a genuine two/three way tossup between Hodge, Ball and Judd (even Polak had talk?)
2000 - Riewoldt clear cut #1 pick very early on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back