List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dew needs to work out his midfield.

Playfair to get a better forward structure going.

Longmire overall.

And get a bloody better skills coach , our kicking is down right s**t most weeks.
Agree with the skills coach

I would love to draft Sam Durdin as we desperately need a guy like that to replace Richards very very soon. Of course in order to get him we need to trade for a pick inside the top 6 I think.
Trade Hannebery to the Saints for pick 1 and add Chips Frawley as a free agent

Can we also work on our kick ins and moving the ball from defence.

Must be a better way than Bombing away to Tippett or Reid
We tried to be too cute early down back, hawks didnt allow us to play on and they blocked up the corridor

I'd be happy to deal with Melbourne as well as Melbourne have a pick that would get us Sam Durdin.
Id like to get a mid with that pick that can break tackles and has good skills. Our developing of KPPs is pretty poor

Id like to get a mid with that pick that can break tackles and has good skills. Our developing of KPPs is pretty poor

We have Heeney, Mills and Dunkley all coming through so in theory we do not need more mids. Plus it would be silly to trade out a gun mid like Hannebery for another mid that we are not 100% sure of. I would use pick 3 to draft a real need as like it or not if we do not replace Richards really soon then we will have no premiership hopes as our defence will be too weak to cope with the top sides.

We have Heeney, Mills and Dunkley all coming through so in theory we do not need more mids. Plus it would be silly to trade out a gun mid like Hannebery for another mid that we are not 100% sure of. I would use pick 3 to draft a real need as like it or not if we do not replace Richards really soon then we will have no premiership hopes as our defence will be too weak to cope with the top sides.
Well as I Said the Hanners money goes on Chips Frawley so that fills the need

I know a lot of people are going to say no straight away but Mitchy Robbo can be a guy we could look at. He's a bit of a flog but geez he adds a bit of strength and we'd get him for bugger all. Mitch is probably around a 500k player on talent but because his bad record probably around the 300k mark.

Hope they go with 3 genuine talls in the backline next year.

Rampe has had a fantastic year don't get me wrong but it doesn't change the fact his height ( 188cm ) etc is more suited to a running HBF.

This wont happen but they could play Rampe in the middle as a quick big body mid to help JPK , has the biggest tank at the club.
At the end of the day he was taken by the Swans as a mid until a spot came available with AJ going down and turned him into a defender.

If we are able to get a another tall defender in this year and play Teddy as that 3rd tall intercept marking type we could seriously look at moving Rampe to the mids but I guess with Mal leaving most likely you probably just move Rampe into that position.
Rampe skills aren't up to it

Doesn't look like ( touch wood ) that we have any injuries or surgery needed in the off season so most should get a full pre season

Surprising no heart transplants ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A genuine small forward might add something to that forward line.

But we know Horse would rather go with an extra mid with mids resting forward.

Thought Rohan could of been that small forward for us but is now playing HBF, there is not much on the market i dont think we need one urgently the talls performed reasonably well if you would of said before the game that Franklin would kick 4 Goodes 3 then you would quietly be thinking we are right in this.

Garlett is the only one i can think of who has performed well at AFL level in the past.

Thought Rohan could of been that small forward for us but is now playing HBF, there is not much on the market i dont think we need one urgently the talls performed reasonably well if you would of said before the game that Franklin would kick 4 Goodes 3 then you would quietly be thinking we are right in this.

Garlett is the only one i can think of who has performed well at AFL level in the past.
I was going to mention Garlett but he put in a couple piss poor efforts this year, although he might just need a change. Buddy's cousin aswell.

As much as I love goodesy and shaw I kinda feel as though they should retire. I think that letting players like Membrey get a game would be a great way to freshen up the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back