List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we would get much at all after today's performance. Reid is still only 21,however he doesn't deserve to be in the 22 at the moment.

If i were horse, is put him in the neafl until he commands a spot, and i don't just mean a 4 goal game, I mean tearing the door down with series of monster performances
Sam Reid will be 23 at start of next season

Neither Reid nor jetta performed. But nor did Cunningham, Parker, mcveigh, jack (whose decision making was catastrophic today) shaw, mal, rampe, mcglynn. All of our smalls were just totally outplayed. Totally outplayed.

Singling out Reid and jetta after this game seems odd. However on the balance of the season...

Reid has not performed much all season and is playing like someone who doesn't have a role.

Jetta has been vital to us all season.

Shaw and mal will go. Rohan who I love struggled with the game because unlike against north the hawks could hit targets, so trailing his man meant he couldn't close the space on the lead.

Neither Reid nor jetta performed. But nor did Cunningham, Parker, mcveigh, jack (whose decision making was catastrophic today) shaw, mal, rampe, mcglynn. All of our smalls were just totally outplayed. Totally outplayed.

Singling out Reid and jetta after this game seems odd. However on the balance of the season...

Reid has not performed much all season and is playing like someone who doesn't have a role.

Jetta has been vital to us all season.

Shaw and mal will go. Rohan who I love struggled with the game because unlike against north the hawks could hit targets, so trailing his man meant he couldn't close the space on the lead.

I mainly blame the inside midfielders. If they got first hands on the ball it would have made everything a lot easier for everyone else in the team. For most of the match Hawthorn's inside midfielders were not only getting clearances but they were getting easy clearances giving them lots of time and space to get the ball going forward.

I'm glad to see Merrett mentioned, as far as I'm concerned he should be in red and white next year with Richards possibly bowing out this weekend. I think there is a possibility Richards will stay on and play with Aliir and X Richards to help develop them and provide cover for injuries.

Now, I haven't watched Merrrett in a little while, but I remember him being a mean and complete KPD. Seems the sort that would want some big finals games and can be bolted onto our back 6. Who's seen him lately?

Oh please yes. Have a quote somewhere?

players that should be on the table this year

Jetta - Not hard enough at it. 6 disposals... .WTF???
Reid - KPD or go. cannot play swingman to save his life.
Hannerbury - Gotta get rid of someone to shake the midfield up a bit and Hanners would be a big loss but would also get maximum return.

Players that should retire

Teddy - has been average this year and looks to be going backwards.
Shaw - Sorry mate. the game has gone past you

Free agency

Malceski

two players to think about

K.Jack - has had an extremely bad year. isnt a small forward. isnt an inside mid and isnt a fast paced outside mid.
McVeigh - similar to Jack. cant play mid anymore. needs to play half back next year.

extremely disappointing. these guys are supposed to be our two captains and stand up when its required. neither of them did.

Article about to go up on the Swans website about Goodes. Still not sure whether to go on next year

Unrelated - there's already a crap article up with McVeigh saying the same rubbish he spewed after the GWS loss (won't happen again, we're embarrassed, need to be harder etc etc etc)

Unrelated - there's already a crap article up with McVeigh saying the same rubbish he spewed after the GWS loss (won't happen again, we're embarrassed, need to be harder etc etc etc)

Yeah that is bullshit. This was not round 1 when we could be caught a bit unawares. This was the grand final and at no point did the team show any pride in their own performance or the team as a whole. McVeigh was so soft today so clearly he cannot practice what he preaches.

Hey guys sorry about the loss today hope you can recover well and hit back next year.

There are a few rumours going around that St Kilda are very interested in Hannerbury (this is before the Grand final match) and was wondering what you think would be a fair deal?

Hey guys sorry about the loss today hope you can recover well and hit back next year.

There are a few rumours going around that St Kilda are very interested in Hannerbury (this is before the Grand final match) and was wondering what you think would be a fair deal?
Oh ffs dude lol

Too soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to give St Kilda a realistic deal though. I would like to keep Jones as well but in order to get pick 1 we would not be able to give St Kilda chicken feed.
Come on mate you should help the spooners.

Mitchell + Hannebery for pick 1 we'll even chuck in the star Trent Dennis-Lane. :p

But being serious, surely you blokes wouldn't trade Hannebery?

Come on mate you should help the spooners.

Mitchell + Hannebery for pick 1 we'll even chuck in the star Trent Dennis-Lane. :p

But being serious, surely you blokes wouldn't trade Hannebery?

If he wanted to go back to Melbourne which he has indicated in the past we would definitely consider it. Also you have to remember that the Swans have some room to maneuver here as we have Heeney, Mills and Dunkley all being drafted in the next 14 months. Sure we have a few older midfielders like McVeigh and to a certain extent Jack and McGlynn but generally speaking our midfield is not that old and with the 3 new guys coming in we will need to find space in the midfield.

If we got Heeney, Mills, Dunkley and Petracca in the next 14 months it would/could setup our midfield for the next decade.

Honestly Pick Maybe our second chucked in.

Been looking at previous drafts, including Hanners (he is the 1st-4th best in 08 draft IMO) and only about 6 number 1 draft picks can claim to be in this category (Murphy, Cooney, Riewoldt, Goddard, Hodge, Goddard).

Note: Firm believer in 'pickflation' and that a proven quality player that has been AA and rising star has more value to us currently

in my rather numb state:

B: Nick Smith, Pruess*, Dane Rampe
HB: Nick Malceski, Heath Grundy, Jarrad McVeigh
C: Harry Cunningham, Tom Mitchell, Dan Hannebery
HF: Jake Lloyd, Lance Franklin, Kieren Jack
FF: Ben McGlynn, Kurt Tippett, Tim Membrey
F: Mike Pyke, Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker
I/C: Dane Rampe, Isaac Heeney, Lewis Jetta** , Gary Rohan

*Pruess, man crush on him but a 200cm 102kg 'ruck' who looks more comfortable in the back line
** Yes, s**t game to day but we need his run. Don't let 1 game blind you

Edit: Forgot Rohan. Put him in for Biggs
We don't call him a squib because he's played 1 bad game. Since the 2012 GF he's played 2 seasons worth of bad games, with a smattering of good games here and there. He talked about leaving to go back to WA - I think he should do this, on his own recognizance.

Stats say Pyke was good but we cant have two Ruckman that dont have footy smarts. Tippet needs to be a stay at home full forward because he is a horrible Ruckman.

Jones Richards Smith
Mcveigh Grundy Rampe
Hannebery Kennedy Lloyd
Parker Franklin Membrey
Mcglynn Tippett (need a good goalkicker to take the focus off Franklin/ Tippett )
Ryder Mitchell Jack
Cunningham Brandon Jack Towers Heeney/Hewett

Emergency Pyke Laidler Reid Rohan

Trade For Ryder
Mal to take the coin somewhere else
Goodes, Shaw,Okeefe and LRT retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back