List of 2016 Free Agents (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?

He no longer wanted to remembered as the bloke who chased Buddy,turned his career around is now one of the best key backs in the comp deserves a pay rise.
You miss the point.

List managers don't just throw money at a player when someone else leaves.

List managers don't just throw money at a player when someone else leaves.

Sometimes they have so they don't break the salary cap minimum payment rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will just hang on to Vickery tyvm. It has taken awhile, which is not unusual for guys over 200cm but I seen enough last year to satisfy me that his best is formidable. Helps too that the best key backman in the comp is on his team so he can compete with him at training but wont have to play him on match days.

Kieren Jack or Josh Kennedy would be a great get but can't see either ever leaving.

Hooker, Sidebottom, Mayne, Rich, Schofield and Smith the players I'd target
From the above target list that I wanted a few months ago only Hooker, Mayne and Kieran Jack remain uncontracted.

With the latter unlikely to leave the swans

It's all about the EFC 12 this year. If any of them decide to go then they become delisted free agents which means no comp to EFC.

Hurley, Hooker, Heppell in that order for the Dogs. 16 other clubs will be queuing up you'd think.

It's all about the EFC 12 this year. If any of them decide to go then they become delisted free agents which means no comp to EFC.

Hurley, Hooker, Heppell in that order for the Dogs. 16 other clubs will be queuing up you'd think.

Hurley and Hooker could leave but I be shocked IF Heppell left

Hurley and Hooker could leave but I be shocked IF Heppell left

Interesting, I have a feeling if one goes they will all go. Throw in Myers & Collyer for good measure.

Ask yourself if success is ever a motivation to a professional sports person? Your AFL career is tooooooooo short ... to worry about ... what others think.

Has the Essendon football club ever let its players down? Does an employer have a duty of care? Who owes who anything here? We will just have to wait 23 rds before it all unfolds .... maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back