Remove this Banner Ad

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the blink of an eye it seems decision time is upon us as to how we are going to watch our team in the future.

I heard some initial discussion on the radio this afternoon and picked up the following

- purely nominating for a non guaranteed members ticket will cost $75 which is not refundable

- Essential Membership is both AFL teams, SANFL finals and all cricket for $795

- There appears conjecture over the quality of seating if you dont take the essential membership

- There will be lower level memberships for each of the AFL sides, I think?????

Does anyone know more detail, or hear the interview with managment CEO?

Any other discussion, concerns, positives, negatives, catches .....feel free

Non transferable tickets for Ultimate is a load of s**t! If we are paying $800 a year we deserve to use our ticket every week... money hungry pricks.

MCG is non transferable but it only costs $600 a year and ALL FINALS including the GF are included. I want Ultimate but non transferable is a joke :thumbsdown:The members at Port games will be empty no one will pay for a guest pass.

Non transferable tickets for Ultimate is a load of s**t! If we are paying $800 a year we deserve to use our ticket every week... money hungry pricks.

MCG is non transferable but it only costs 600$ a year and ALL FINALS including the GF are included. I want Ultimate but non transferable is a joke :thumbsdown:The members at Port games will be empty no one will pay for a guest pass.

How come you place the dollar symbol behind the figure?

and - I think it's a cricket thing for the transference of tickets as AAMI Stadium you can do it with football.

But agree - money hungry grubs and I will only be getting my Crows gold pass membership in the south west pocket.

How come you place the dollar symbol behind the figure?

and - I think it's a cricket thing for the transference of tickets as AAMI Stadium you can do it with football.

But agree - money hungry grubs and I will only be getting my Crows gold pass membership in the south west pocket.

Fixed for you alex ;) Yeah but why not make the footy part transferable and the cricket not then? My brother lives in Mt Gambier he would buy one but he can only make 6 or 7 games a year and possibly some of the international cricket. So he needs it to be transferable to make it worthwhile so his mates can use it when he cant. Blatent money grab to force more people to purchase a ticket or guest pass devaluing the Ultimate membership in the process.

$800 should get you a ticket to do with as you see fit its a large sum of money to pay every year.

it was always stated by the SMA as being a non transferable ticket. it's marketed as a prestigious and elite membership. i don't see any issues.

i'll be getting my AFC season ticket and gold membership and my saca cricket ticket... just like i do now.

it was always stated by the SMA as being a non transferable ticket. it's marketed as a prestigious and elite membership. i don't see any issues.

i'll be getting my AFC season ticket and gold membership and my saca cricket ticket... just like i do now.

So when Port play instead of Ultimate members passing the ticket on and the stadium being full we will have 6000 prime viewing seats empty. Why not try and fill the stadium?

Fixed for you alex ;)

H ha ha cheers. It just looks odd.

Very off topic but it's the same as when someone in Australia doesn't add 'and' when saying numerals in the hundred. One hundred and five

[/quote]Yeah but why not make the footy part transferable and the cricket not then? My brother lives in Mt Gambier he would buy one but he can only make 6 or 7 games a year and possibly some of the international cricket. So he needs it to be transferable to make it worthwhile so his mates can use it when he cant. Blatent money grab to force more people to purchase a ticket or guest pass devaluing the Ultimate membership in the process.[/quote]

fair point to separate the football and cricket but how bloody hard would it be to just have the entire ticket transferable. You buy the ticket, you should be able to do with it as you place and have whom ever you like.

$800 should get you a ticket to do with as you see fit its a large sum of money to pay every year.

The amount should not matter as it's your ticket. You have brought the right to do with it as you place. They sold you that right in the sale of the ticket.

Fixed for you alex ;) Yeah but why not make the footy part transferable and the cricket not then? My brother lives in Mt Gambier he would buy one but he can only make 6 or 7 games a year and possibly some of the international cricket. So he needs it to be transferable to make it worthwhile so his mates can use it when he cant. Blatent money grab to force more people to purchase a ticket or guest pass devaluing the Ultimate membership in the process.

geez cornsey was cringworthy listening to that interview.

Personally i dont think it should even be a Ultimate category. this was the perfect opportunity to ensure the maximum numbers possible attend games. Have an AFC/Cricket and a PAFC/Cricket category. but the no-shows will be massively dissapointing.

However since they have an ultimate category i dont think it should be transferable. It is an additional category that doesnt exist right now. If you want to transfer your footy ticket to a friend, get a footy membership. If you want to transfer you cricket ticket to a friend, too bad, you cant do that now anyway.

This new membership and it's conditions are not disadvantaging anyone. It really wasnt that hard to understand Mr Cornes

Personally i dont think it should even be a Ultimate category. this was the perfect opportunity to ensure the maximum numbers possible attend games. Have an AFC/Cricket and a PAFC/Cricket category. but the no-shows will be massively dissapointing.

However since they have an ultimate category i dont think it should be transferable. It is an additional category that doesnt exist right now. If you want to transfer your footy ticket to a friend, get a footy membership. If you want to transfer you cricket ticket to a friend, too bad, you cant do that now anyway.

This new membership and it's conditions are not disadvantaging anyone. It really wasnt that hard to understand Mr Cornes

Rubbish it means the stadium will never be full because no way can anyone make all 22 games. Its stupid whats the advantage of it being non transferable other than a money grab?

So when Port play instead of Ultimate members passing the ticket on and the stadium being full we will have 6000 prime viewing seats empty. Why not try and fill the stadium?

because making a ticket transferable reduces the demand and thus value of an ultimate ticket.

because making a ticket transferable reduces the demand and thus value of an ultimate ticket.

Thats ridiculous it increases the value to the holder you can give the ticket to a friend or family member for games you cant make. Demand wont be a problem there is only 12000.

Are you saying people will buy this ticket for the prestige? Gimme a break.

agree. cornes just embarrassed himself. but do we really expect anything more from cornes and rowe in their football park / adelaide football club blinkers? poor andrew daniels did well to bite his tongue and answer the same simple question about 12 times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree. cornes just embarrassed himself. but do we really expect anything more from cornes and rowe in their football park / adelaide football club blinkers? poor andrew daniels did well to bite his tongue and answer the same simple question about 12 times.
Let me guess your a SACA snob? :) He gave no answer to why its non transferable. He should of been honest and said its because we want to rip as much money out of the general public as possible.

Thats ridiculous it increases the value to the holder you can give the ticket to a friend or family member for games you cant make. Demand wont be a problem there is only 12000.

Are you saying people will buy this ticket for the prestige? Gimme a break.
'

you're obviously not the target consumer of ultimate membership. neither am i.

mum and dad punters should just stay with what they have at the moment.

the SMA wants a waiting list. it wants people queuing and waiting 10 years for their ultimate s**t. reducing the accessibility of a product increases its real value.

don't buy one if you don't agree with its terms and conditions, it's not hard.

Rubbish it means the stadium will never be full because no way can anyone make all 22 games. Its stupid whats the advantage of it being non transferable other than a money grab?

hence why it shouldnt even be offered. (and the status quo of being able to transfer your footy ticket should remain) i just dont want cricket members, who are not currently AFC members buying the ticket just because they can, then not going to AFC games.

IMO they are trying to create a prestigious class of ticket. They'll never admit it though.

some people will buy them so they can say they have them, others will buy them just because they can afford to (incase they want to go to a game)

Yeah no, the product you are buying that ticket for creates the demand - not if the ticket is transferable or not.

If it's a s**t product - you won't get people to attend or even give the tickets away. If it's a good product people will line up and be more willing to use it or pass it on to someone who will.

'

you're obviously not the target consumer of ultimate membership. neither am i.

mum and dad punters should just stay with what they have at the moment.

the SMA wants a waiting list. it wants people queuing and waiting 10 years for their ultimate s**t. reducing the accessibility of a product increases its real value.

don't buy one if you don't agree with its terms and conditions, it's not hard.

I'm telling you i want to buy one. So does my brother. Non transferable makes it borderline. Its stupid that when we have a sellout there will be many of the best seats empty.

Please tell me why the $4000 Stadium Class is fully transferable and Ultimate is not?

Let me guess your a SACA snob? :) He gave no answer to why its non transferable. He should of been honest and said its because we want to rip as much money out of the general public as possible.

I actually felt he was trying to be as respectful as he could. He did give the answer, Cornes just chose to ignore it.

The answer was, "this is not the old SANFL membership. if you want a transferable ticket, buy your crows membership just as you always have. This is an additional class of ticket above anything offered before. Thats why the rules are different" (my words, he fumbled around it a little)

So if we stay as is ie a football membership, it is transferable? Does anyone know the cost?

Also what about seating.....is it a lesser quality of seating than the ultimate?

ha na i have a saca membership but i'm certainly not a ralph lauren popped collar, pink shorts, birkenstock wearing saints old scholar knob.

i just understand what they're doing marketing wise, but i won't get sucked into it.

I actually felt he was trying to be as respectful as he could. He did give the answer, Cornes just chose to ignore it.

The answer was, "this is not the old SANFL membership. if you want a transferable ticket, buy your crows membership just as you always have. This is an additional class of ticket above anything offered before. Thats why the rules are different" (my words, he fumbled around it a little)

Yes he gave an answer but he didn't give a REASON. It was pathetic.

If "no shows" are a problem at Footy Park, then come Adelaide Oval "we aint seen nothing yet"

Its very pi** poor - we get a new stadium, a new start, an opportunity to remedy the problems at AAMI, but already they've dropped the ball .........
.... i wonder what else will crop up as time gets closer.....

This doesn't happen at AAMI for Port games, and the tickets are transferable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back