NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

1876 has definately been under a rock. His rants on here are pretty far off the ball
Now Lance. I'd be happy to debate anything you have been offended by on these pages given your complex and lengthy response above. (well thought ot by the way) After asking such a terrible question such as - who is Frank Rasso? and then learning he played a couple of games for Collingwood 10+ years ago, then played in the lower levels from then on, I must be crazy. Im so sorry for annoying you with this idiotic post. I dont know what I was thinking. Can you ever forgive me mate?

Now Lance. I'd be happy to debate anything you have been offended by on these pages given your complex and lengthy response above. (well thought ot by the way) After asking such a terrible question such as - who is Frank Rasso? and then learning he played a couple of games for Collingwood 10+ years ago, then played in the lower levels from then on, I must be crazy. Im so sorry for annoying you with this idiotic post. I dont know what I was thinking. Can you ever forgive me mate?

Thought you would have noted the considerable amount of games he played and captained at Northern Bullants over the years. I will forgive you, just dont understand a few of your comments going around these boards

Thought you would have noted the considerable amount of games he played and captained at Northern Bullants over the years. I will forgive you, just dont understand a few of your comments going around these boards
More than happy to explain anything LA. Ive never followed the Bullants since the demise of the VFA. Too contrived for my liking. I hope you arent one of those people who are devistated by the news that LA was a drug cheat and manipulator of the highest order? Or even worse, this is all a mistake and the World is wrong and LA is right?

:confused: Say it isn't so. One of my absolute favourite footballers and a long term stalwart of this competition with a decorated history at West Preston and Montmorency has announced his retirement Also one of the competitions true gentleman and a bloody good bloke, always played in the spirit of the game and had a laugh while doing it. I have no doubt that if he was to add them up he would have more wins than losses against Bundoora and he would have been in the best players in each game. Loved playing against us and I loved giving it to him during the game then having a beer afterwards.
Good luck Scott Nugent, the land rats of the northern suburbs will be looking over their shoulders on Saturday afternoons now for sure.:D

:confused: Say it isn't so. One of my absolute favourite footballers and a long term stalwart of this competition with a decorated history at West Preston and Montmorency has announced his retirement Also one of the competitions true gentleman and a bloody good bloke, always played in the spirit of the game and had a laugh while doing it. I have no doubt that if he was to add them up he would have more wins than losses against Bundoora and he would have been in the best players in each game. Loved playing against us and I loved giving it to him during the game then having a beer afterwards.
Good luck Scott Nugent, the land rats of the northern suburbs will be looking over their shoulders on Saturday afternoons now for sure.:D

Yep, Nuge has decided that the big rig has had enough and it's time to keep the suit on after 1pm on a Saturday and sell more houses, make more cash, and keep the Mrs in the style to which she's become accustomed.
Top fella and will be sorely missed although he will still be around the Mont..... hopefully he builds up some brownie points and starts working on a leave pass now for the next footy trip because the last 2 years of piking it aren't the best way to hang em up!

I am just after some info on a young bloke Jorden Omalley, can anyone help me?

pretty handy type, medium to tall sized forward.. played a handful of senior games back at lower in 2011 and kicked 7 or 8 from memory in a half.has had a horrid run with injuries but at his best is a fairly good footballer and still only young from what i remember

Petts off to Yarrawonga
Lance. From a Mont perspective, this is an extermely ordinary outcome isnt it? The guy was signed for another season and If I am right, The Pigeons would make it 5 clubs in 5 seasons? (if you include Richmond)

Players that rack up that amount of "mobility" in their footy career dont generally deliver their best. There was also the indiscretions duing 2012 which compound the perspective! If he is leaving, might this not be a good thing for Mont in the long term?

Lance. From a Mont perspective, this is an extermely ordinary outcome isnt it? The guy was signed for another season and If I am right, The Pigeons would make it 5 clubs in 5 seasons? (if you include Richmond)

Players that rack up that amount of "mobility" in their footy career dont generally deliver their best. There was also the indiscretions duing 2012 which compound the perspective! If he is leaving, might this not be a good thing for Mont in the long term?

From a mont perspective it is 1876 because I think they expected better, although his ability exceeds alot of players in the league so its his choice really where he wants to play. I think all in all he wants a flag. Mont have the team to win one....but its his choice for many reasons. 5 clubs in 5 years is excessive, usually you will move clubs to try and get the best out of yourself, he obviously thinks his best is dished out yearly so it doesnt phase him. He was a bit undisciplined in 2012 receiving suspensions in which he may still get paid for im not sure but when playing against him I did notice at times he was a bit laid back.

When defeating them I noticed he didnt care as much as other players as he was more focussed on having a laugh about it and acknowledging his own personal feats in the game rather than his team trying to win. Probably a good thing long term, although if he had of been a 3-4 yr player its always worth the risk.

Epping have signed Peter Shephard from Lalor.
Big pick up. As he will add 80+ goals if fit he will not get them in the finals. Maybe just stay up in div 1. If lucky.
Good luck to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big pick up. As he will add 80+ goals if fit he will not get them in the finals. Maybe just stay up in div 1. If lucky.
Good luck to them
80+ goals in div 1 u reckon. I dont think so mate. he is going to play in an ordinary side and isnt what he used to be. You get 40-50 out of him you should be very happy!!

Frankie Raso - Talented Junior who played both Footy & Hockey at a high level (State). Drafted in '96 to Collingwood, on the back of breaking the TAC most games played. (A record I believe still stands..?).
Several years with the Pies, good enough to play seniors (when most through Tony Shaw's era were not).
Returned to Bullants to Captain them in the VFL. Moved to Oak Park, where he was an integral part of their success in the mid-field engine.
Signed with Mernda for the 2013 season. He was also line coach with the Northern Knights 2013.
Great pick-up for the Roosters. Would still be fit enough to pull on the jumper - even if he is still pulling weeds during the day.
If the players can deal with his nasally pitched voice, then he'll be able to communicate to most of them relatively well.
Frankie Raso - Talented Junior who played both Footy & Hockey at a high level (State). Drafted in '96 to Collingwood, on the back of breaking the TAC most games played. (A record I believe still stands..?).
Several years with the Pies, good enough to play seniors (when most through Tony Shaw's era were not).
Returned to Bullants to Captain them in the VFL. Moved to Oak Park, where he was an integral part of their success in the mid-field engine.
Signed with Mernda for the 2013 season. He was also line coach with the Northern Knights 2013.
Great pick-up for the Roosters. Would still be fit enough to pull on the jumper - even if he is still pulling weeds during the day.
If the players can deal with his nasally pitched voice, then he'll be able to communicate to most of them relatively well.

Haha Frankie Raso does sound like an 8 year old girl when he talks and he is not much smarter than one either.

He no longer pulls weeds for Jim's mowing he has maximized his capabilities and is pouring concrete. Hope he has a good assistant as he is too stupid to think for himself.

Good luck to them
Please - Shepherd will kick 30-40 if lucky , kicks big bags against weaker sides unfortunately this time he'll be part of the weaker side. Isn't he about 38yrs old? Pingers to come straight back to div2.

Haha Frankie Raso does sound like an 8 year old girl when he talks and he is not much smarter than one either.

He no longer pulls weeds for Jim's mowing he has maximized his capabilities and is pouring concrete. Hope he has a good assistant as he is too stupid

Great bloke Frankie who would be a great benefit to any club. Oh except Creek , he doesn't like punchin on with his team-mates at club social functions & that's a pre-requisite to join Diamo.

He no longer pulls weeds for Jim's mowing he has maximized his capabilities and is pouring concrete. Hope he has a good assistant as he is too stupid to think for himself.

He is pouring concrete for Jim's Mowing?
And he needs an assistant for that?

Don't say it is true....... Mick Gay spotted at Derby day with the Bundoora senior playing group and was overheard explaining himself to a small nuggety back pocket player from Heidelberg as to why he was moving to Bundoora for 2013???? Would be sorely missed if he left the bergers!

Don't say it is true....... Mick Gay spotted at Derby day with the Bundoora senior playing group and was overheard explaining himself to a small nuggety back pocket player from Heidelberg as to why he was moving to Bundoora for 2013???? Would be sorely missed if he left the bergers!

Good pick up by the Bunnies. Him going coupled with Stinga, the 2 Nolans, Sinclair and Finn all retiring, plus others leaving going to be a very long tough year at the Tigers Den.

Hopefully for the bergers he stays there would be a shame for them to lose such a big character

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on down @ West Preston??
Whisper is that 11 of their best players have left due to not getting paid or pay cuts??
If that is true the club hasn't really given Frankie Raso much chance next season!

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on down @ West Preston??
Whisper is that 11 of their best players have left due to not getting paid or pay cuts??
If that is true the club hasn't really given Frankie Raso much chance next season!
Wow! This would be a massive blow to the "top level" teams in Div 1 if true. Perhaps the rumor should be halved and then halved again before we get somewhere near the truth however!
As for FattySlim and his assessment of Heidelberg, although we hear that the "Bergers are going to struggle next season" every year, the long list of aging stars MUST come to an end sooner or later, surely? It makes me appreciate how good they have been at remaining so highly competitive. Maybe they just have the luck of the Irish?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back