Pick #1, 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

With their most desperate need, a big key forward on offer, I'm going to say literally nothing could budge them.
We'd be harder to deal with than GWS was when they 'shopped' their no. 1 pick and no one put up a good enough deal, as we desperately need a key forward. Also, not many players want to go to Brisbane and train in a tin shed far away from home. A team would have to get a quality young player to agree to go to Brisbane and add a highish pick too.
Highly unlikely that anyone would give up something good enough to budge us.

The recruiting department would be utter morons to trade the pick away unless they were getting an equally good KPF prospect in the deal... and no one's going to offer that deal.

Patton + Pick/Player would be the ONLY thing I could see tempting us, and thats only if someone like Wright somehow becomes an unattractive option.

Are people seriously discussing the prospect of Brisbane trading pick 1? *en seriously?

It was bad enough last year with Tom Boyd. Just * off with these ****ing playground trades already. Should Brisbane find themselves with pick 1, there is a 0% chance they will trade it, no way jose, nana, not happening, not in a million years. Go waste your time with something else.

Are people seriously discussing the prospect of Brisbane trading pick 1? ****en seriously?

It was bad enough last year with Tom Boyd. Just **** off with these ****ing playground trades already. Should Brisbane find themselves with pick 1, there is a 0% chance they will trade it, no way jose, nana, not happening, not in a million years. Go waste your time with something else.

Yeah, nailed it.

If Brisbane get Peter Wright they will actually have a nice wad of talent coming through. Will be a few years away from showing much but they will be pretty set after this draft to rebuild.

If Brisbane get Peter Wright they will actually have a nice wad of talent coming through. Will be a few years away from showing much but they will be pretty set after this draft to rebuild.

Agree, their midfield is pretty well stacked with young talent and that will only improve from here on out, they sured up the defensive stocks last year and they have one of the most talented albeit injury prone young rucks in the league. Ironically Billy Longer would probably be a better chance of getting a game with them this year than he is at St Kilda! Ah, fate. A top notch young KPF will give them talent in pretty much all the key areas of the ground and I reckon they could be back in finals contention within 3-5 years. Remains to be seen how decent a coach Leppa is though.

p.s. your profile pic gives me nightmares

Agree, their midfield is pretty well stacked with young talent and that will only improve from here on out, they sured up the defensive stocks last year and they have one of the most talented albeit injury prone young rucks in the league. Ironically Billy Longer would probably be a better chance of getting a game with them this year than he is at St Kilda! Ah, fate. A top notch young KPF will give them talent in pretty much all the key areas of the ground and I reckon they could be back in finals contention within 3-5 years. Remains to be seen how decent a coach Leppa is though.

p.s. your profile pic gives me nightmares

It was a success then :D

I haven't really been that impressed by Leppa so far. Don't really enjoy his press conferences. He seems a bit out of his depth. Thats all I can say about him though and I am not writing him off at all it is just my first impressions.

Saints are decent shout to finish second bottom. Is Durdin the next best?

Saints are only a quality tall or two and some more midfield class away from having a good list. Hopefully they can do that in this draft.

Saints are only a quality tall or two and some more midfield class away from having a good list. Hopefully they can do that in this draft.

Saints would have to go tall in this years draft after drafting Billings and Dunstan last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints are decent shout to finish second bottom. Is Durdin the next best?
A Durdin-Bruce FB/CHB como would be excellent for the saints

Have you seen him the last 2 Games?

He was Good vs Carlton in last game and was in the best

In the spectrum of ruckmen in the AFL he is not a good ruckman. Has upside but a long way to go still. The bloke has never got more than 19 hitouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back