Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's about right.
I've met Tex a couple of times and can not believe he would say anything as stupid as he has. Nobody is saying he's smart but I'd never have though of him as being that kind of stupid. Education might help.

Meanwhile I wonder what has become of the player who's called him out. This is a few weeks ago and the club has tried to resolve the issue without the AFL getting involved and they've obviously been forced by this player to self report. Matt Crouch is playing well enough to be picked on sanfl form but isn't?

They like to poke fun about 119 but the 48 has brang them to there knees 😂 it's just 1 thing after another glorious.
Surely Tex retires I hope he doesn't he has totally ****ed what nicks has been building totally split the group again.
I for one hope I get my chance to boo him 1 more time.

I agree with this. To be honest I think it looks like their club has handled it well. It would have been very tempting for them to try and slide it away under the carpet. I think the outcome is a good mix of punishment and education and I hope that Taylor can be an example of how to be a better person after something like this occurs. The still prevelant issue of racism in our community is again brought into the forefront and showed how devastating it can be, and hopefully this leads to better outcomes for indigenous people.
The real test is how the whistleblower gets treated now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what will happen with the Crows "Official" who dobbed him in?

This will be one of the interesting long term ramifications.

What happens to Tex now?
Are the Crows seduced to resign a spent force like Lynch now that Tex won't be available early in the season?
Will more players want to leave? Especially if that "official" was in fact a player.
Will players not want to come to the Crows (I.e. Rankine or any other player who despises racism).
Will the "official" cause a split in the ranks either because they are forced out or because they stay and there is animosity?

I can see the Crows throwing a kings ransom at Rankine now in both picks and dollars to try and get back some PR points.

I just listened to the Rowe interviews with Sloane and Caro, how is that bloke still on the radio, disgraceful.
Wonder what he’ll be like today after the news.

The fact that he actually said it it that he only got 6 weeks?

everything, just huge news for that club and that person and the state really. bad look for the league in general unfortunately. i didn't even think he'd be suspended but i would imagine if the league didn't do something the club would have to, maybe the league knew the club would just protect him so they took swift action (assuming this is an AFL suspension i'm not exactly sure). i would imagine the player would/should self-impose an exit from the league anyway after something like that went public, out of shame. not sure tex the man would have shame or remorse, you'd hope so

They are sitting perfectly in the worst spot in the AFL. The hawks may look worse but they have a demonstrated history of attracting talent and will always be a chance to gets playing wanted to go back to Vic. Crows no chance of playing finals for 5 years.

Are we allowed to say now that it has been reported, that he allegedly called Robbie Young a *colour of his skin* campaigner?

Allegedly said in context of suggesting that Matt Crouch smash him or knock him out.

I think the suspension should have been framed so that he won't be able to play until after the AFL has satisfied itself that the mandated awareness training has got through his one or two brain cells.

It's certainly light on when you consider their season has been over for a while, and it sews up pick 1 for them.

Thats the problem with applying punishments without considering knock out affects

a 6 week ban for say a Sydney player would be infinitely more harsh than a 6 week ban on a team that’s already out of finals and who actually benefits from losing games at this point.

Their draft pick should be frozen so that it can’t get better. But the afl only cares about appearances not reality.

The AFL wants to stamp out racism - gives player who makes racist comment 6 weeks.

AFL also wants to stamp out contact with the head. In the last fortnight it lets Franklin off and gives Viney 2 weeks for a thug act that could have crippled.

One of these things is not like the other, yet the AFL could have made it so.

This will be one of the interesting long term ramifications.

What happens to Tex now?
Are the Crows seduced to resign a spent force like Lynch now that Tex won't be available early in the season?
Will more players want to leave? Especially if that "official" was in fact a player.
Will players not want to come to the Crows (I.e. Rankine or any other player who despises racism).
Will the "official" cause a split in the ranks either because they are forced out or because they stay and there is animosity?

I can see the Crows throwing a kings ransom at Rankine now in both picks and dollars to try and get back some PR points.
Any player with indigenous heritage would have to seriously consider the message it sends before requesting a trade to the Camry Crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back