Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should just play for no points like the Storm did in the NRL.

So every game Essendon play for the entire year is virtually meaningless? That's going to be 22 very boring games with small crowds. Only the players involved during 2012 should be penalised not the new players and fans.

Don't forget they have already been kicked out of the 2013 finals.

Trojan Horse.. anyone else now getting a Trojan horse alert with Anti Virus when they come onto Big Footy. Have sent an email to Admin re same
It's the talk off Essendon that is making your computer sick.

Trojan Horse.. anyone else now getting a Trojan horse alert with Anti Virus when they come onto Big Footy. Have sent an email to Admin re same
Got onto BF and this thread - no virus. Went onto the recently created thread about Port videos and got a warning about a Trojan Horse. I have AVG(not the free one).

I can't be the only one who lolled at this pic.

Smart kids.

740030-3b078a12-c38b-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg
Lot of tension in that house, not only around showdowns

Lot of tension in that house, not only around showdowns
Port and the Crows both play their first game on April 5, and I reckon our game starts before their game finishes. Imagine if that family has only 1 television :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at Essendon. Went to Adelaide.. warning .. Trojan Horse .. might be people posting Vids or something that has a Trojan in it and don't check it before posting.

Seems to be coming up when I change threads. Don't know if it's AVG or BF that's causing this but on google there are a few forum questions where people with AVG have mentioned Trojan Horse warnings coming up continuously.

Seems to be coming up when I change threads. Don't know if it's AVG or BF that's causing this but on google there are a few forum questions where people with AVG have mentioned Trojan Horse warnings coming up continuously.
Also have AVG (paid). I tried a few things with changing threads, checked the video thread etc. and had no problems.

"the key to turning the Power from September chokers to grand final winners was emphasising team."

Seems a bit rough to say we choked in 2014 in the prelim.

Losing by less than a goal in a great fightback against the reigning 2013 and 2014 premiers is not choking.

They are talking 2001 - 2004.

"the key to turning the Power from September chokers to grand final winners was emphasising team."

Seems a bit rough to say we choked in 2014 in the prelim.

Losing by less than a goal in a great fightback against the reigning 2013 and 2014 premiers is not choking.
To be fair he is talking about the lead up to the 2004 GF.

Link
.... As Port Adelaide last year acknowledged the 10th anniversary of its first AFL premiership in 2004 — when Walsh played a major part in that success as an assistant coach — Walsh noted the key to turning the Power from September chokers to grand final winners was emphasising team. ...
Link

We didn't win the flag in 2014.

Edit: Fix dyslexic typing :oops:

Last edited:
Walker initially turned down the offer to captain the Crows he has fair reasons as to why he didn't want to take on the added responsibility, though i'm not sure it's a great idea to appoint a captain who didn't really want the role & has to be persuaded.
I'm guessing he wanted to run it past Dangerfield first incase he put his nose out of joint. Then when paddy told him he's leaving next year anyway he decided to take it on.
Too bad he has probably put Sloan's nose out instead!

Walker initially turned down the offer to captain the Crows he has fair reasons as to why he didn't want to take on the added responsibility, though i'm not sure it's a great idea to appoint a captain who didn't really want the role & has to be persuaded.

This passage is interesting:

“I probably spoke to everyone at the club and there was probably only two people that the first thing they spoke about was `you have to fix this team up, we could be really good’,’’ Walsh said.

Walker was one of the two.

“That just resonated with me straight away.’’

Walsh said the first question from many others was “what do you think of me as a player”.

We should have turned down Ken Hinkley because he initially didn't want the job...
We shouldn't have made Boak captain because he had to agonise whether or not he wanted to be here more than with his mother and sister...

Questioning Walker's credentials as captain is fair enough but very one eyed to suggest that it's immediately the wrong move just because he had to weigh it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back