Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have turned down Ken Hinkley because he initially didn't want the job...
We shouldn't have made Boak captain because he had to agonise whether or not he wanted to be here more than with his mother and sister...

Questioning Walker's credentials as captain is fair enough but very one eyed to suggest that it's immediately the wrong move just because he had to weigh it up.
I never said it's 'the wrong move' I thought his appointment was a good one because he was one of the select few touted for the role that actually committed to the club, but if he had doubts over the added work (meetings/PR) it's not a great read for a club that has been second guessing a lot of the going on's the last few years.

Ken had plenty of reasons to weigh up whether to apply for another coaching job after being knocked back countless times especially when we were arguably just as bad as a first year expansion club at the time.

Boak also recommitted twice under trying circumstances, knocked back significant offers from clubs with lures of consistent finals football, he was always going to be our next captain just as Ollie will be his successor.

Last edited:

To be fair he is talking about the lead up to the 2004 GF.

Link
Link

We didn't win the flag in 2104.
Pretty sure none of us will still be around by 2104 - hopefully the Crows will still be striving for their third flag by then :)

We should have turned down Ken Hinkley because he initially didn't want the job...
We shouldn't have made Boak captain because he had to agonise whether or not he wanted to be here more than with his mother and sister...

Questioning Walker's credentials as captain is fair enough but very one eyed to suggest that it's immediately the wrong move just because he had to weigh it up.
Yeah, Brick may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but wanting to think about taking the Captaincy at the fish bowl isn't a reason to fault him.

This passage is interesting:

“I probably spoke to everyone at the club and there was probably only two people that the first thing they spoke about was `you have to fix this team up, we could be really good’,’’ Walsh said.

Walker was one of the two.

“That just resonated with me straight away.’’

Walsh said the first question from many others was “what do you think of me as a player”.
I wonder who the other solitary one who wasn't auditioning for the role of narcissus was?

Worked out great with Ryan Griffen.

Burns his bridges at the Scray for short-term financial gain at the New Brisbane Bears.

One of the better players to be a football orphan in retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I present you..

y7QJLw.gif

vWJXwJ.gif

Jared "Cyril" Petrenko playing for his career and only has 4 possessions to the last quarter. Thought he would be one of the draft able players from the top ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lad/10

Never had the mind for top level footy, lacked professionalism from day 1.

No preseason the top up players playing as expected. Just thrown to the wolves.

Flares will be back soon mate.

It's inevitable:p
I'm my youth, (90's) we wore jeans that were a foot wide! Barkers baggies. They even had a measuring tape detail to prove it. The daft thing was you HAD to have a pAir of Adidas Torsion on under them, even though you couldn't see them!

So every game Essendon play for the entire year is virtually meaningless? That's going to be 22 very boring games with small crowds. Only the players involved during 2012 should be penalised not the new players and fans.

Don't forget they have already been kicked out of the 2013 finals.
That's not what happened with the Storm.

I'm my youth, (90's) we wore jeans that were a foot wide! Barkers baggies. They even had a measuring tape detail to prove it. The daft thing was you HAD to have a pAir of Adidas Torsion on under them, even though you couldn't see them!

Adidas tortion, where footwear meets car engineering.
kids got beaten for not having that shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back