Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with believing in something and fighting for it. You can call it fanboi, others could call it integrity, and just because you believe in something, doesn't mean you're beyond criticising it.

Exactly. I like the basic premise of the ALP but hate the cynical partisan politics from all sides. Thought Rudd was great before he became Labor leader. Not so much after he became PM. Thought Peter Beattie's parachuting in for the last Federal election was pathetic. Some Labor people I'm not a fan of.

Unions ... they do good things, but they are also power hungry and have their fair share of militant arseholes.

I'm just not a fan of trickle down economics, donor deals, and Murdoch press.

It's the ALP!!!!!!

FMD

This is the problem with how LNP supporters debated during this election. ALP sold assets, ALP had corruption in their ranks. Short memories blah blah blah.

Had .... had ... had. They were smashed to smithereens for all of this. Don't you get that? If they do it again, they'll get smashed again. About 25% of their current MPs were in the previous Labor government. You guys keep asking people to continue to punish the previous failings of the ALP by voting to keep in those that were currently selling assets and were doing dodgy donor deals and removing government accountability measures.

It's a nonsensical argument.

That picture reminds me of the whinging done by 90% of the SRP posters on BigFooty when Labor isn't in power.

And now it's you. Swings and roundabouts.

This is the problem with how LNP supporters debated during this election. ALP sold assets, ALP had corruption in their ranks. Short memories blah blah blah.

Had .... had ... had. They were smashed to smithereens for all of this. Don't you get that? If they do it again, they'll get smashed again. About 25% of their current MPs were in the previous Labor government. You guys keep asking people to continue to punish the previous failings of the ALP by voting to keep in those that were currently selling assets and were doing dodgy donor deals and removing government accountability measures.

It's a nonsensical argument.

Which assets were the LNP selling?

Dodgy donor deals? FMD

Corruption? ALP are the experts

Lies? See above

Don't answer because it's a nonsense argument anyway

QLD has gotten rid of Campbell Newman (not a bad thing btw) but now have a government in which business has no faith

Bad news - the Government is broke and have no policies

Good news - opportunities for me (ha ha ha) as they will soon work out that there are no easy answers

Which assets were the LNP selling?

"Long term leases are as good as selling the farm" - Tim Nichols 2010

Dodgy donor deals? FMD

Acland got a fair bit of airplay during the election.

Sibelco, paid $90k to fund a letter campaign in Ashgrove 2012. Got a sand mining lease extension until 2035 that stands to make them $1.5b. Further information about larger donations has since came out. In this case the LNP government legislated to remove the right of appeal as well.

Then there is the billionaire owner of Abell Point Marina getting dredging approval a week after donating $150k to the LNP.

Auscript getting the contract to do court transcriptions after making donations to the LNP. Prices for transcripts went up a lot afterwards.

Karreman Quarries should have been prosecuted for illegal sand and gravel extraction. They donated $75k to the LNP and hey presto, retrospective legislation amendment and no prosecution.

Beyond Billagong won a contract to run a boot camp despite being twice as expensive as rival bidders and the AG recommending a cheaper bidder. They donated to the LNP a week later.

Jeff Seeney ordered the council to rezone a Maroochy holiday park against the wishes of the council, a week after his own department had sent a letter saying they wouldn't intervene. Yup, owners are LNP donors.

Corruption? ALP are the experts

Aside from the dodgy donor deals, we have Scott Driscoll, Mermaid Ray and his bullshit cableway. Then of course, since you are talking historical, nobody was more expert than the conservative side of Qld politics back in the Joh days.

Lies? See above

No, you see above. If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck ....

Don't answer because it's a nonsense argument anyway

Don't answer your nonsense argument? Sorry, answered anyway.

QLD has gotten rid of Campbell Newman (not a bad thing btw) but now have a government in which business has no faith

Fortunately half the population does have faith or at least more faith than they had in the last government. That's how elections work.

Bad news - the Government is broke and have no policies

Government was still going to be broke under LNP and they sold out their policies to try to get KAP onside. How were they funding anything without asset leasing? Oh and I posted ALP's policies earlier. Did you miss them or are you still stuck on election slogans?

Good news - opportunities for me (ha ha ha) as they will soon work out that there are no easy answers

No, there are no easy answers for either party. ALP want to stimulate the economy through jobs and training and more consumer spending. LNP want to stimulate through austerity and trickle down economics. The first needs business to succeed to offer the jobs, although subsidies are back. The second needs business to pass on the savings or else they can't grow because austerity measures mean nobody is spending. Chicken or egg. What I do know is that government is not a household. That was a cheap tactic to strike a chord where most people live.

"Long term leases are as good as selling the farm" - Tim Nichols 2010

Acland got a fair bit of airplay during the election.

Sibelco, paid $90k to fund a letter campaign in Ashgrove 2012. Got a sand mining lease extension until 2035 that stands to make them $1.5b. Further information about larger donations has since came out. In this case the LNP government legislated to remove the right of appeal as well.

Then there is the billionaire owner of Abell Point Marina getting dredging approval a week after donating $150k to the LNP.

Auscript getting the contract to do court transcriptions after making donations to the LNP. Prices for transcripts went up a lot afterwards.

Karreman Quarries should have been prosecuted for illegal sand and gravel extraction. They donated $75k to the LNP and hey presto, retrospective legislation amendment and no prosecution.

Beyond Billagong won a contract to run a boot camp despite being twice as expensive as rival bidders and the AG recommending a cheaper bidder. They donated to the LNP a week later.

Jeff Seeney ordered the council to rezone a Maroochy holiday park against the wishes of the council, a week after his own department had sent a letter saying they wouldn't intervene. Yup, owners are LNP donors.

Aside from the dodgy donor deals, we have Scott Driscoll, Mermaid Ray and his bullshit cableway. Then of course, since you are talking historical, nobody was more expert than the conservative side of Qld politics back in the Joh days.

No, you see above. If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck ....

Don't answer your nonsense argument? Sorry, answered anyway.

Fortunately half the population does have faith or at least more faith than they had in the last government. That's how elections work.

Government was still going to be broke under LNP and they sold out their policies to try to get KAP onside. How were they funding anything without asset leasing? Oh and I posted ALP's policies earlier. Did you miss them or are you still stuck on election slogans?

No, there are no easy answers for either party. ALP want to stimulate the economy through jobs and training and more consumer spending. LNP want to stimulate through austerity and trickle down economics. The first needs business to succeed to offer the jobs, although subsidies are back. The second needs business to pass on the savings or else they can't grow because austerity measures mean nobody is spending. Chicken or egg. What I do know is that government is not a household. That was a cheap tactic to strike a chord where most people live.

It's the ALP!

They sent us broke FFS

Still trying to work out which bit you don't understand

Half the Qld populations does not have faith in Labor or LNP for that matter. Qld has a govt they didn't want and an opposition they wanted to punish only.

Half the Qld populations does not have faith in Labor or LNP for that matter. Qld has a govt they didn't want and an opposition they wanted to punish only.

Ha. How would you know that? I can tell you it was mere months that people starting crying about changing to LNP in 2012 only to regret it when they or their families were unceremoniously kicked to the kerb. ALP ruled for 20 years before 2012 bar a short hiccup. Do you think those voters became loyal LNP voters that quickly? Why would a first term government need punishment of that magnitude? It's unheard of. But yeah, keep on blaming the voters for making a mistake instead of learning the lessons that Labor had to learn.

Who do you vote for when I don't vote for Labor and the Greens because they are too Left Wing for me? Plus, the only other option in my electorate was LNP, but I couldn't vote for them because of their lying!
Vote for the Secular Party

Swinging voters are the tragedy. Choose a path in life, pursue it.

Namby pamby voters are stuffing this country up.

Refer Federal Senate.

Wow. We should all just vote the same way every time no matter how parties perform or our life may change? Are you really that ####ing ignorant? Go move to North Korea or something.

Far as the senate goes it's doing what it's suppose to. Knocking back nonsense the Government sends their way. If the LNP really have a problem they can call that DD they were threatening before they ####ed themselves.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you have opted for more election slogans. So we're forgetting about corruption and lies about dodgy deals then? Fine ... debt then.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...state-of-queensland-debt-20150129-130zrn.html

Great

An economist (useful as an ashtray on a motorbike btw) tells us that Qld's debt position is the worst of any Oz state but not that bad compared to some other countries

Cue ALP raising more debt and hosing it up against the wall - wash, rinse, repeat

Broke? What is Queensland credit rating

There are 2 types of Queensland government debt

One is guaranteed by the federal government, has a AAA rating with a stable outlook

The other is not guaranteed by the federal government, has a Aa1 rating with a negative outlook - a direct result of the ALP's financial mismanagement

Great

An economist (useful as an ashtray on a motorbike btw) tells us that Qld's debt position is the worst of any Oz state but not that bad compared to some other countries

Cue ALP raising more debt and hosing it up against the wall - wash, rinse, repeat

You're awfully selective ... a very narrow focus. Good at slogans though. LNP must love you.

Ha. How would you know that? I can tell you it was mere months that people starting crying about changing to LNP in 2012 only to regret it when they or their families were unceremoniously kicked to the kerb. ALP ruled for 20 years before 2012 bar a short hiccup. Do you think those voters became loyal LNP voters that quickly? Why would a first term government need punishment of that magnitude? It's unheard of. But yeah, keep on blaming the voters for making a mistake instead of learning the lessons that Labor had to learn.

How do we know that the ALP has learned anything?

After all, they have just won an election with only 2 policies (we hate Campbell and an asset lease scare campaign) and after being largely anonymous for the last 3 years

How do we know that the ALP has learned anything?

After all, they have just won an election with only 2 policies (we hate Campbell and an asset lease scare campaign) and after being largely anonymous for the last 3 years

I'm really surprised they decided to run with the 'We hate Campbell' campaign as one half of their platform I must admit. Really wished they had have voiced their plans for job creation generally, more specifically in health and education, reinvigorating the TAFE system, reintroduced anti-corruption and accountability measures, have some sort of protection policies for the Great Barrier Reef ... you know tangible stuff.

I guess the flipside for a sloganeer must be that the LNP only had 3 policies themselves. 'A vote for Labor is a vote for chaos', 'Strong' and the 'Labor is bankrolled by criminal bikie gangs' scare campaign.

Last edited:
You're awfully selective ... a very narrow focus. Good at slogans though. LNP must love you.

I'm really surprised they decided to run with the 'We hate Campbell' campaign as one half of their platform I must admit. Really wished they had have voiced their plans for job creation generally, more specifically in health and education, reinvigorating the TAFE system, reintroduced anti-corruption and accountability measures, have some sort of protection policies for the Great Barrier Reef ... you know tangible stuff.

I guess the flipside for a sloganeer must be that the LNP only had 3 policies themselves. 'A vote for Labor is a vote for chaos', 'Strong' and the 'Labor is bankrolled by criminal bikie gang' scare campaign.

LNP didn't think that they had to do anything much to hang onto power other than to remind voters of how bad the ALP was

ALP didn't have any policies as they didn't think that they would win but knew Newman was the weakest link and easiest way to pick up a few seats

Whole campaign was a joke and QLD is the loser

There are 2 types of Queensland government debt

One is guaranteed by the federal government, has a AAA rating with a stable outlook

The other is not guaranteed by the federal government, has a Aa1 rating with a negative outlook - a direct result of the ALP's financial mismanagement
So we have Federal at AAA which is the top rating and we have Queensland at one rung down at AA1
See how facts tend to make you look silly?

LNP didn't think that they had to do anything much to hang onto power other than to remind voters of how bad the ALP was

ALP didn't have any policies as they didn't think that they would win but knew Newman was the weakest link and easiest way to pick up a few seats

Whole campaign was a joke and QLD is the loser
I really think you need to get over it. Done, gone, dusted.
It will take time and you might even get to like it and besides if it the Libs losing in QLD that concerns you, you still have Tony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back