Preview Round 1: Hawthorn vs Geelong - Easter Monday MCG (3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks need to be reminded that Dank, Dean Robinson & Bomber Thompson are all former Geelong employees.

We need the boys to take our collective frustration at the ASADA verdict out on those miserable Handbaggers!
No, just win it normally and then really hit the actual injectors the week after.

He has been used as the second ruck during the nab cup, with stints down back, up forward and on the ball. Still unsure where his best position will be but his development is rapid

Rapid? He's gone from averaging 13 touches to 14 in his 2nd year, plus an extra mark a game, if that's what you call rapid then young Ceglar is going to be the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ! Blicavs improvement has not been rapid, it's been conservatively OK. One can only wish he get's a defensive match up one of Hale/Gunston/Cegs/Big Boy.

We LOVE Spang but he will struggle to play with Chip Frawley in the side, even so he would likely get a game ahead of 'Blitz' if he was a Hawk. As I said, the best chance for the Cats is to get plenty of quick inside 50s in order to create those 1on1s for your key forwards, it's really important that you make Gibson accountable otherwise he will have a field day peeling off.

You need to kick a minimum of 15 goals to win, that's a huge amount for a team that hasn't been a heavy scorer against us of recent times. I don't think your midfield is better than it was last year and your defence didn't look like slowing us down at all, if you blokes win it will come from breaking even in the middle and your big forwards having field days.

The improvement Blicavs has shown from his 1st game until now is significant. Considering his upside l think any coach in the comp would take Blicavs instead of the Spang, unless you were filling a hole. He's not a journeyman for nothing.

The improvement Blicavs has shown from his 1st game until now is significant. Considering his upside l think any coach in the comp would take Blicavs instead of the Spang, unless you were filling a hole. He's not a journeyman for nothing.

Nor is he now a Premiership player for nothing.

I doubt Blicavs would have gotten near our team last year.

He's 24, the improvement needs to be tsunami like for him to be anything but a decent footballer. He's got another 6-8 years in the game to showcase his star power.

He's 24, the improvement needs to be tsunami like for him to be anything but a decent footballer. He's got another 6-8 years in the game to showcase his star power.
Stats can be deceptive... He is coming from an extremely low base as someone who last played footy when they were 15, to then been plucked by the cats after he gave up his olympic ambitions as a steeplechaser. His improvement from his first game to now has been rapid, especially in terms of not playing footy for around 8 odd years.

If Simpkin was getting a game I'm sure he could of squeezed a few in. Nothing against Spangher but he was filling an obvious a hole for you.

Simpkin played 2013 as sub. Didn't get a game in 2014 GF. Blicavs wouldn't have either.

I understand your viewpoint as I expect Frawley's recruitment will push Spang out of the team. However while Spang's selection in 2014 may have been role based (and I'm not sure we had an obvious hole anyway), I don't think Blicavs would have even had that on his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpkin played 2013 as sub. Didn't get a game in 2014 GF. Blicavs wouldn't have either.

I understand your viewpoint as I expect Frawley's recruitment will push Spang out of the team. However while Spang's selection in 2014 may have been role based (and I'm not sure we had an obvious hole anyway), I don't think Blicavs would have even had that on his side.
I understand your points, we will never know who would play over Spangha and Blitz. Obviously as supporters we see the good work our players do, more-so than the opposition players. Given this is the hawks board I will leave you with the last say :D

Stats can be deceptive... He is coming from an extremely low base as someone who last played footy when they were 15, to then been plucked by the cats after he gave up his olympic ambitions as a steeplechaser. His improvement from his first game to now has been rapid, especially in terms of not playing footy for around 8 odd years.

Yup, stats are deceptive... To be honest I don't really notice Blicavs, but good luck to him, he can run long distances.

I think Blicavs is underrated on this board and I can see how he could be a damaging player - especially as there really isn't any other player like him in the league. But he hasn't yet proven that he has the talent and football smarts to impact big games and finals.

We love Spangher but pretty much everyone recognises that he probably isn't even in our best 22 now with Frawley here.

True, very few players have the versitility to be able to completely spud it up both on the wing and in the ruck.

speaking of Rioli........... I bet young Hartung is aching for a go. If I knew that all the Hawks were gonna play like these two and my beloved Hodgey of course and Mitchell ( hey you get it) we would never have a thing to worry about

True, very few players have the versitility to be able to completely spud it up both on the wing and in the ruck.
oooh I dunno............... frawley has a lot t o prove in my opinion whereas Spangher will always give his best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back