STAND TALL - 2015 Membership Final Figure - 13,480

Remove this Banner Ad

We've now got 11,461 members...it seems a bit low compared to what we had in 2013 and 2014, especially as we've improved quite a lot on the field...any thoughts on why the numbers have dropped off?
We wont get a response regarding our skill level this year till next year. members will be more next year as long as we continue how we are going this year.

We've now got 11,461 members...it seems a bit low compared to what we had in 2013 and 2014, especially as we've improved quite a lot on the field...any thoughts on why the numbers have dropped off?
I think there are a few factors:

1. Household financial confidence has dipped in last year or so, and low interest rates are there to try and stimulate that confidence. We need people out West to be more confident to spend on discretionary items like Giants membership (I know, membership of the Giants should not be viewed as discretionary for fans:))

2. Success. We need to start making the eight and playing finals to see the numbers of members get up toward the 20k mark. Even then, I think growth in membership numbers will be a hard slog. IMHO only sustained top four form will see numbers move above 20k.

3. We have not managed to keep our Sydney media profile up to the same level without Sheeds. Would be great if we had a media flag bearer and provocateur like Sheeds in the club still.

4 to a small extent, doubts over our young stars signing on and some high profile media naysayers may have put doubt into some former member's minds.

1. Household financial confidence has dipped in last year or so, and low interest rates are there to try and stimulate that confidence. We need people out West to be more confident to spend on discretionary items like Giants membership (I know, membership of the Giants should not be viewed as discretionary for fans:))

Unfortunately, low interest rates just feed into even more disproportionately expensive housing. The rest of the private economy - which includes discretonary spending on items like Giants memberships - is an afterthought.

Like the incentive of the get the GA equivalent off your membership price promotion you guys had going on Sunday. Should get a few 3 game memberships out of that, if I lived in Western Sydney I probably would have got it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is this? As five year founding members, me and wifey will be taking part in all this....

The GIANTS 5 Year Foundation member guernsey is coming soon!

Thanks to our on-field partner BLK, 2011 GIANTS Foundation members who have continued their membership over the past five years up until 2015, will have the opportunity to purchase a replica guersney to what the team will wear with your name on it in Round 22 when we take on Carlton at Spotless Stadium.

Make sure you keep an eye on your inbox over the next week to purchase your piece of GIANTS history!

The guernsey will be available in three different options:

$140 - Foundation member guernsey

$290 - Foundation member guernsey signed by inaugural captains Phil Davis and Callan Ward and coach, Kevin Sheedy

$690 - Foundation member guernsey framed and signed by inaugural captains Phil Davis and Callan Ward and coach, Kevin Sheedy. Your guernsey will be framed with your name showing.
Please note that due to the number of names on the guernsey that the smallest size available will be a Medium.

I would also like to advise that we would also like to say Thank You for your continued support with a pre-game lap of honour prior to the GIANTS taking on Carlton in Round 22. We will advise of the registration process for the lap of honour in due course.

Thank you for your continued support of the GIANTS, I hope you are enjoying the season and I look forward to seeing you at a GIANTS event soon.

#ExpectBigThings

Rebecca Shaw
General Manager Marketing and Consumer

How good is this? As five year founding members, me and wifey will be taking part in all this....

The GIANTS 5 Year Foundation member guernsey is coming soon!

Thanks to our on-field partner BLK, 2011 GIANTS Foundation members who have continued their membership over the past five years up until 2015, will have the opportunity to purchase a replica guersney to what the team will wear with your name on it in Round 22 when we take on Carlton at Spotless Stadium.

Make sure you keep an eye on your inbox over the next week to purchase your piece of GIANTS history!

The guernsey will be available in three different options:

$140 - Foundation member guernsey

$290 - Foundation member guernsey signed by inaugural captains Phil Davis and Callan Ward and coach, Kevin Sheedy

$690 - Foundation member guernsey framed and signed by inaugural captains Phil Davis and Callan Ward and coach, Kevin Sheedy. Your guernsey will be framed with your name showing.
Please note that due to the number of names on the guernsey that the smallest size available will be a Medium.

I would also like to advise that we would also like to say Thank You for your continued support with a pre-game lap of honour prior to the GIANTS taking on Carlton in Round 22. We will advise of the registration process for the lap of honour in due course.

Thank you for your continued support of the GIANTS, I hope you are enjoying the season and I look forward to seeing you at a GIANTS event soon.

#ExpectBigThings

Rebecca Shaw
General Manager Marketing and Consumer

Only flaw I see is that there'll be more people doing the lap of honour than be in the crowd to appreciate it.

Other than that, I just hope my name is not under the armpit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back