Mega Thread The official banter thread 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way for them to get rid of him was to take him on permanently and then loan him out and pay some of his wage so that AM would take him. So they are now paying for a player they don't have. Whoops.

Chelsea made sure there was no way Torres was coming back and it was legally binding.

The only way it is for certain that a player isn't coming back is when a transfer is made permanent. It turned out that AC Milan found it easier to palm him off to Atletico than fight Chelsea over it. In my opinion they would have attempted to send him back to Chelsea if Atletico didn't want him.

Aquilani was signed by AC Milan on a similar deal to Torres.

The arrangement is Ateltico pay Cerci's wages and AC milan pay Torres' wages with each player playing at the opposite club. A permanent transfer isn't possible yet because you can't play for 3 different clubs in the space of 6 months, it's against FIFA regulations. Once that period elapses I suspect you'll find both players transferring permanently.

The only way it is for certain that a player isn't coming back is when a transfer is made permanent. It turned out that AC Milan found it easier to palm him off to Atletico than fight Chelsea over it. In my opinion they would have attempted to send him back to Chelsea if Atletico didn't want him.

Aquilani was signed by AC Milan on a similar deal to Torres.

The arrangement is Ateltico pay Cerci's wages and AC milan pay Torres' wages with each player playing at the opposite club. A permanent transfer isn't possible yet because you can't play for 3 different clubs in the space of 6 months, it's against FIFA regulations. Once that period elapses I suspect you'll find both players transferring permanently.
It was a permanent loan, according to everyone involved. But you can believe whatever you
want to believe

It was a permanent loan, according to everyone involved. But you can believe whatever you
want to believe

I'm sure it was but any loan deal has a scope for backing out of it until the transfer is completed permanently. Plenty examples of it happening although irrelevant in this case because AC Milan found an easier way to get rid.

Yes, but I acknowledge that is my opinion, and it may differ from others. I am of the opinion he is finished, I do not believe everyone else must agree with me. I don't think he has what it takes anymore, that's it. I don't expect it to be printed in newspapers telling people they must believe what I say.

What do you mean by "don't think he has what it takes"? To play in the Premier League?

According to Milan and Chelsea there wasn't a way out.

And considering what Milan had to do to get rid of him it's pretty obvious.

Milan took the easiest option of getting rid of him so terminating the loan became irrelevant. No deal is permanent until a transfer is concluded no matter what the conditions and as stated previously AC Milan have backed out of similar deals in the past. Either way it's all a moot point because AC Milan got what they wanted which was getting rid of Torres. And once another 6 months elapse he'll join Atletico permanently which he can't do now because FIFA rules do not allow any player to sign for 3 different clubs in 6 months.

So the easiest way was too take him on permanently for 2 two years and then loan him out and keep paying a portion of his salary for 2 two years. Instead of just magically ripping up a contract a legally binding contract.

I admire the way you stick to your guns. But Torres is gone and I'm done with it.

So the easiest way was too take him on permanently for 2 two years and then loan him out and keep paying a portion of his salary for 2 two years. Instead of just magically ripping up a contract a legally binding contract.

I admire the way you stick to your guns. But Torres is gone and I'm done with it.

AC Milan & Atletico are paying each others players wages. Atletico can't conclude a permanent transfer because of the FIFA rule which says a player is not allowed to sign for 3 different clubs in the space if 1 calendar year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AC Milan & Atletico are paying each other players wages. Atletico can't conclude a permanent transfer is because if the FIFA rule which says a player is nor allowed to sign for 3 different clubs in the space if 1 calendar year.

I would dare say Torres is on a hell of a lot more than Cerci.

It's all hypothetical until AM actually sign him permanently, until then he's just a Milan player on loan(and not a permanent loan).

You were 3. Come on mate, you wouldn't remember a thing.

We won the flag when I was 6 months, again when I was 1 and again when I was 3. So that means I've seen 6 flags. #getaroundme

C'mon, us Liverpool fans have superior memories to most. It's why we always talk about our history, except for last year, THAT NEVER HAPPENED!! :cry:

God, wtf happened here yesterday.

We have a moron, then we have a smartarse.

God, hate seeing Cryffy's posting. It's like looking at a mirror to how I used to be. God, was I infuriating like he is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back