Review Winners and Losers in the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt have a great carnival. 10 possesions in 5 games or something like that? (Stats I read could have been a
misprint too I guess)

Thats a massive understatement if he actually did only average 2 disposals a game! Sure it wasn't an average of 10 per game

Thats a massive understatement if he actually did only average 2 disposals a game! Sure it wasn't an average of 10 per game

Yeah average sorry. 6 games. The stat sheet wasnt that flash to be honest, missing criteria etc. So probably just disregard.

Not sure wot they were doing picking a cricket player with there last pick suppose draft picks are cheap if your the Giants. But they've nailed there other selections. Something about Marchbank that just reminds me of a 17yr Jezza Cameron. Pickett and Ahern seem like the types that could really add something different to there list.
Found it a bit strange that GWS didn't take Laverde with one of there picks don't think that they have that type of player on there list.

Last edited:
Not sure wot they were doing picking a cricket player with there last pick suppose draft picks are cheap if your the Giants. But they've nailed there other selections. Something about Marchbank that just reminds me of a 17yr Jezza Cameron. Pickett and Ahern seem like the types that could really add something different to there list.
Found it a bit strange that GWS didn't take Laverde with one of there picks don't think that they have that type of player on there list.

WHE?

Yeah maybe similar height but WHE is lightning quick. Plays a different style/position

Both are fast, tall, skinny forward flankers with a great overhead mark and midfield potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are the team most likely to have an immediate and positive first year result with the players they picked up, much like Brisbane last season, St Kilda perhaps have the best draftees/recruits going forwards.

Team that won the draft - the one that took the players I have heard about

Loser - the ones that didn't

This!

Which means Port Adelaide and, to a lesser extent, Sydney lost and Adelaide, West Coast and Richmond won.

This!

Which means Port Adelaide and, to a lesser extent, Sydney lost and Adelaide, West Coast and Richmond won.

Not sure how Port could lose, or win, the draft with picks 56, 69, 78 & 84.

Your right they are similar. Not sure why they wouldn't want two WHE
You quoted Rogers earlier and posted that the best available player isn't always the best player for clubs who consider more than just talent.

SOS had already overlooked Laverde for a KPP plus Ahern and Pickett, so they didn't need another outside type with midfield potential.

Laverde might have done a Wingard who indicated that he didn't want to play with GWS.

Even North overlooked both Laverde and Lamb before using their third selection on Vickers-Willis who could be a medium utility-mid.

Laverde, Goddard, Lamb, Daniel and Smith will all be referred to as bargains before they've even kicked a ball in anger. :rolleyes:

Hype might be greater than the reality.

You quoted Rogers earlier and posted that the best available player isn't always the best player for clubs who consider more than just talent.

SOS had already overlooked Laverde for a KPP plus Ahern and Pickett, so they didn't need another outside type with midfield potential.

Laverde might have done a Wingard who indicated that he didn't want to play with GWS.

Even North overlooked both Laverde and Lamb before using their third selection on Vickers-Willis who could be a medium utility-mid.

Laverde, Goddard, Lamb, Daniel and Smith will all be referred to as bargains before they've even kicked a ball in anger. :rolleyes:

Hype might be greater than the reality.

GWS seem to take there chances with the metro kids. Something seem a little off with Laverde a lot of the teams that overlooked him GWS,Pies,GC,WC and North are all lacking height in there midfield. For a kid with that much hype pre draft as a tall midfielder which are all the rage ATM just set off alarm bells

GWS seem to take there chances with the metro kids. Something seem a little off with Laverde a lot of the teams that overlooked him GWS,Pies,GC,WC and North are all lacking height in there midfield. For a kid with that much hype pre draft as a tall midfielder which are all the rage ATM just set off alarm bells

I think you're making something out of nothing. Before Collingwood's supposed interest in Laverde he wasn't rated top 10 by many. It's also worth mentioning that Laverde hasn't proven himself as a midfielder.

I think you're making something out of nothing. Before Collingwood's supposed interest in Laverde he wasn't rated top 10 by many. It's also worth mentioning that Laverde hasn't proven himself as a midfielder.

I think that is wot scared a lot of clubs off Laverde. There always risky tall outside players high risk high reward I guess.

Ziebell 188cm
Cunnington 185cm
Dal Santo 185cm
Gibson 185cm
Bastinac 185
Swallow 182cm
Wells 181cm

Hardly short people.

Also, Atley (189) and McDonald (189) will be spending time in there.

Ziebell 188cm
Cunnington 185cm
Dal Santo 185cm
Gibson 185cm
Bastinac 185
Swallow 182cm
Wells 181cm

Hardly short people.

Also, Atley (189) and McDonald (189) will be spending time in there.

Yeah do not see a lack of height there at all. I love how some fans presume if you don't have a 190cm+ midfielder you are 'lacking height'. As long as you have a couple strong, big bodied midfielders there is no absolute necessity for a hugely tall midfielder. Just a craze.

Ok winner was....

St Kilda easy -Needed a full forward got one ,needed a fast wingman got one,needed a CHB got one,needed another small forward got one go on and go on..

Second easy - Melbourne made out like bandits

Third easy-Essendon with only 2 pics got 2 guns cant do much more.

As for the dogs if you add Boyd cost pick 6 and Griff...

Boyd -A grader
McLean-reminds me of Rodcliff at the same age 100% footballer with a massive tank
Webb-left foot class needed think Luke Hodge
Cordy made out like bandits
Daniel (risk with great reward)
Hamilton-unusual pic this one cant get my head around it
Jong -the surprise packet could be anything
Dale-Wow boys watch this space kid is a jet and could be the pick of our recruits

Anyway another draft down well done saints and dees and merry xmas to you all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back