Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, I didn’t attend the evening, I sent SammyFish Senior (Has a BF account, FrontalPressure, which has about three posts ;) ) along to the night.
Ill still write this report in first person though.

Secondly, I recommend anyone who has the chance to go to a Hall of Fame night, to go. Great night, great food and more importantly great to hear our club heroes talk about their careers.

Received my ticket a few weeks before, after a slight mix up from the club. (Tickets were sent to L2M4G, he kindly sent them out, thanks again brother!) The pack included..

- One Hall of Fame Entry Ticket
- Parking Information
- Venue Information

Arrived at Crown just before 7pm, and stood out the front as the doors had not yet opened, so I took this time to organise my complimentary parking ticket. Next thing I new the doors had opened and we were allowed in. Waiters were all standing around with beverages, so I picked up a beer (Waiter’s continued this service all night), and proceeded to the area where all our names where listed on a sheet, along with our table numbers. Quickly found my name (Table 88) and had a little chuckle at the way they had Lenny’s last name spelt. (Heyes).

Found the table and nobody else had arrived so took a walk around having a look at everything. I must say I felt very important, walking around in a suit, with the place looking like it was holding dinner for the Prime Minister. Went back to the table, and introductions were undertaken around the table. Raffle tickets where on the table, $10 a ticket or 3 tickets for $20, Purchased four tickets, well worth it with the prizes up for grabs.

1st – Use of a Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet for a weekend
2nd – Dinner at Koko’s restaurant Crown, to the value of $900
3rd – Nintendo Wii Console and Wii Sports Game
4th - $500 Saintbets Voucher
5th – Luxurious Linen House Pack

Just before start time, Sainter arrived, and we were all set.

Night started off with Entrée (Mapuche lamb on grilled vegetables & baby spinach salad with soft goat’s cheese and raspberry vinaigrette). Then onto the formalities.

Sandy Roberts was the MC, and he started off with the Life Membership Inductees. Neil Besanko and Steven Baker were inducted into life membership. Neil spoke first, reminiscing on his playing days (Late 1960’s) and the challenges he faced. Bakes then stepped up to the lectern, said he was a man of few words, minutes later, his speech was finished.

The main meal preceded this, a choice of either

- Rib eye with sautéed kipfler potatoes, mini yorkshire pudding and balsamic roasted yellow cherry tomato

- Pesto crusted chicken breast, olive and roasted capsicum risotto with beans and shiraz

Once you were finished you were able to walk around. Went to the toilet, and saw Kosi having a chat to a few in the foyer. While walking back in, Gwilty came out so had a chat to him for around 5 minutes, praising him on his efforts this year, and talking up his brilliant left boot. Managed to take a photo after a bit of confusion. (Left my glasses at home and couldn’t read the tiny dials, therefore tried to take a picture with the lens closed, before Gwilty pointed it out.)

Back to tables now and the Hall of Fame inductions began. Ken Walker, Ian Synman and Jeff Sarau all become members of the Hall of Fame. Was great listening to their speeches, hearing the stories of these past champions. Personally thought Ken Walkers speech was excellent, and only found out the following day hes just turned 90.

Dessert followed this (Warm caramelized pear tarte tatin with cinnamon ice cream). Then it was time for the legend induction.

We all had a feeling it would be Plugger. Danny Frawley couldn’t keep it together when introducing him, so Sandy Roberts took over, and Tony was greeted with a standing ovation. Plugger spoke of the early days, and how Graeme Gellie (ex coach) helped him to stick with footy in the days of the VFL. Easily the best part of his speech was the words “It’s good to be home”. It was a stirring moment and there was definitely plenty of emotion in the room.

Raffle was then drawn, naturally neither of us won any prizes, though the table next to us did win first or second prize. A few auctions for the evening were also completed with the ‘Legends Tribute Book’ going for $24,000.

That ended the formalities for the evening. Entertainment began (Mark Seymour) and Sainter started talking. (It was hard to talk to him during the evening, as he was a few people around from me on the table.) Was very impressed by Sainter, literally lived/ breathed/ate footy, new everything about the club.

We agreed to start walking around, as like SammyFish Junior, Sainter had promised report/photos of the night to BF. We managed to catch up with Ken Walker and Jeff Sarau (Two HoF inductees) and had a chat to them. Unfortunately Nick Heyne wasn’t in attendance, having played with Sandy on the Gold Coast earlier that day. We did manage to see a few other players but it was difficult as they were swamped or were busy.

After a few pictures were taken (a few more minor camera troubles) we were back talking and walked out together around half past twelve.

All in all it was a fantastic night. I think I got a little overawed with the occasion, telling SammyFish Junior that we would both be attending this year Best and Fairest and the next Hall of Fame night.

Few photos..

Shot from back of the Room

Gwilty! :thumbsu:

Sainter with Jeff Sarau

SammyFish Senior with Ken Walker

Marvellous run down brother and this is what our sponsorship is all about, giving people the chance to attend these wonderful evenings.

I understand Plugger was given a standing ovation as he was announced and his speech was a corker.

He was asked why he had produced 4 daughters and no sons. He replied "I read in a magazine that the sperm of elite athletes produces females, whilst only couch potatoes produce sons. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm still working on it!".

Just wondering were other player sponsors on your table or just randoms?

Just wondering were other player sponsors on your table or just randoms?

Husband and Wife sponsored Luke Miles through there company (SNAP Printing Fran.)

There others on the table I didnt find out, as it was difficult to talk to them.. Sainter might be able to provide more info :thumbsu:

Great review, sounds like a great night was had by all. Bit disappointing our man Heyney wasnt there for you too meet.

That pic of Jimmy - he looks superimposed init.

He looks fine, the variable lighting gives the effect. Cause this is superimposing!

And yes, that took about 5mins hence the dimensions not being all that great.

tiffani_amber_thiessen_tim_meadows_the_ladies_man_001.jpg
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/200...r_thiessen_tim_meadows_the_ladies_man_001.jpg

SammyFish25's report summed up the night perfectly so there's not much I can add other than to also encourage all of you to attend these kind of functions in the future if you get the chance because they really are superb. I can now see myself going to the B & F at the end of the year as well!

It shouldn't be a starting revelation to any of you here but we really have a great football club. The thing that I appreciated the most was listening to the inductees talk about how much the club means to them. You don't often have the chance to see so many past champions of a football club in the same place so it was something to savour.

In answer to your question L2MFG the couple next to me were Nick Dal Santo sponsors so I imagine they were putting the player sponsors together. I didn't get there until 5 minutes before the start so ended up being on the opposite side of the table to SammyFish25's Dad. Table 88 was directly in front of the stage, the only problem being we were in the back row!

BTW, it was great to meet your Dad SammyFish. Not only passionate and knowledgeable about the club but was a very genuine person as well.

Thanks again for the opportunity L2MFG.

Brothers.

The premier night of the St.Kilda calendar is nearly upon us.

I speak of the 2010 Trevor Barker Award.

We are lucky enough to have 2 invites to this event.

Details:
Trevor Barker Medal 2010.
Saturday 2nd October 2010 at 6.30pm
Dress: Lounge Suit
Venue: The Peninsula, Docklands.

Our RSVP's must be in by August 20. Sorry for the short notice, but the email was only sent out yesterday afternoon.

Additional tickets are also available at $300 per head (includes 3 course meal, premium beverages and live entertainment), so if you want one let me know by August 20, I can't help you after this date.

I know it was discussed earlier in this thread, but if it's ok with everyone I would like to take one of the tickets as suggested for my organisational efforts. I've never been to a B and F before, so I am very eager. If you think this is unfair, let me know and I'll do the draw in the usual manner.

Let me know your availability ASAP as I'd rather have this done sooner compared to later.

Brothers.

Details:

Our RSVP's must be in by August 20. Sorry for the short notice, but the email was only sent out yesterday afternoon.

Additional tickets are also available at $300 per head (includes 3 course meal, premium beverages and live entertainment), so if you want one let me know by August 20, I can't help you after this date.

I know it was discussed earlier in this thread, but if it's ok with everyone I would like to take one of the tickets as suggested for my organisational efforts. I've never been to a B and F before, so I am very eager. If you think this is unfair, let me know and I'll do the draw in the usual manner.

Let me know your availability ASAP as I'd rather have this done sooner compared to later.

I'm in - but not like Flynn.

OK with me for you to take one of the invites L2M4G. Just get me an interview with our man and I'm happy.

:thumbsu: you have my vote to take the ticket yourself aswell.

Im pretty sure im available for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK with me for you to take one of the invites L2M4G. Just get me an interview with our man and I'm happy.

I'll be good to my word mate.

I caught up with him at half time of the Saints/Dons game the other week but obviously not the appropriate forum to have an interview.

I've just started a new job up in Albury but have Vanessa's (Saints media rep's) number so i'll give her a call when i'm in Melbourne next (hopefully soon) and get the all clear.

I'm sure Heyney won't have a problem doing it, just don't want the club going crook at him for doing an interview without permission. (Which i'm sure they wouldn't, but just make sure it's all done properly)

I'll explain the whole sponsor situation to the club (which i'm sure they are probably already aware of) and I doubt they will have a problem with it.

If you've got a question you want me to ask, PM it to me and i'll make sure it gets a run.

Brothers.

Details:

If you're a part of our sponsorship and haven't attended an event this season you'd be mad not to put your name down. You'll even get to spend the evening with L2MFG! :eek:

After attending the Hall of Fame I'm going to do my best to attend the B & F.

Could you imagine how good it would be IF we happened to win the premiership?

Look how quickly the Copeland Trophy sold out the other day! Those flogs already think they'll be having a double celebration that night. :)

I'll be good to my word mate.

I caught up with him at half time of the Saints/Dons game the other week but obviously not the appropriate forum to have an interview.

I've just started a new job up in Albury but have Vanessa's (Saints media rep's) number so i'll give her a call when i'm in Melbourne next (hopefully soon) and get the all clear.

I'm sure Heyney won't have a problem doing it, just don't want the club going crook at him for doing an interview without permission. (Which i'm sure they wouldn't, but just make sure it's all done properly)

I'll explain the whole sponsor situation to the club (which i'm sure they are probably already aware of) and I doubt they will have a problem with it.

If you've got a question you want me to ask, PM it to me and i'll make sure it gets a run.

Thanks Bourky! Your efforts are much appreciated.

Thanks for the support brothers.

As of yet I haven't heard from anyone wanting any a ticket outside from our allocation. Keep in mind that minimal tickets will be made available to the general public. If you want one...let me know by Monday at the latest as we need to organise funds!!!!

We also need to collect our signed picture of Heyney. Now given goodie and Zagg were out attendees, I'd have no problems with either of them collecting it and keeping it? If everyone else is happy with that could one of you make arrangements to collect it from the club.

Cheers brothers.

L2M4G.

Thanks for the support brothers.

As of yet I haven't heard from anyone wanting any a ticket outside from our allocation. Keep in mind that minimal tickets will be made available to the general public. If you want one...let me know by Monday at the latest as we need to organise funds!!!!

We also need to collect our signed picture of Heyney. Now given goodie and Zagg were out attendees, I'd have no problems with either of them collecting it and keeping it? If everyone else is happy with that could one of you make arrangements to collect it from the club.

Cheers brothers.

L2M4G.
I'm definitely going to try & go to the B&F come what may! Know how difficult it was to get one last year and I guess it won't be easy this year either.

If I get a ticket then I'm happy to collect the picture of Heyney. :)

It looks like Zagg and I will be entering Thunderdome. I think I can take him (or failing that, run for my life until he passes out from exhaustion).

Since I've already been to an event this year, I'll drop out of the race for the B&F ticket, let you lot slug it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back