Injury 2012 Injury Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? At best it's a 1-2 week injury from a simple hyperextension.

So I was close to it. Thought everyone was overreacting.

Dunno what Watson was smoking but I'm glad I only saw this after reading that he'll only miss about 2 games.

Did anyone notice that we had several players limping yesterday? Pyke came off with what seemed to be an ankle, they re strapped him and he came back on but I noticed that he wasn't jumping in the ruck after. Also saw Jack limping in the last quater and came off and Goodes seemed to be rubbing his quad a bit although he did sprint after i saw him doing that so hopefully nothing in it. We need to keep all our players as fit as possible from now on so would be in favor of resting any that are saw or have niggles, even if it means dropping a game.

Did anyone notice that we had several players limping yesterday? Pyke came off with what seemed to be an ankle, they re strapped him and he came back on but I noticed that he wasn't jumping in the ruck after. Also saw Jack limping in the last quater and came off and Goodes seemed to be rubbing his quad a bit although he did sprint after i saw him doing that so hopefully nothing in it. We need to keep all our players as fit as possible from now on so would be in favor of resting any that are saw or have niggles, even if it means dropping a game.

Most players come to the bench during the game with a small niggle, I don't think you ever find a player pull up from a game at 100%. It's all about managing ourselves, but if we were going to drop a game. I'd rather it be against Geelong at Skilled. They can pay us back for last year and allow us to go onto victory a few weeks later ;)

Anyway, back to the actual reason for this threads existence... Great to hear Bolts is ok and should be back for finals. Wouldn't have meant as much without him 2bh. And they might say 3-4 weeks... I wouldn't be surprised that Bolts was thinking about coming up against the Hawks as soon as he heard the words "not serious" from the docs mouth. Roosey used to like to munch on a bag of jelly snakes every now and then, Bolts also like the odd bag of snakes... Just the bag is a large calico one full of live king browns (he's that damn tough!!)

I'm not sure about "resting" players going into finals. I'd rather call it managing the sore players during games would be my approach (e.g. giving those boys that need it some extra time on the pine during the next couple of games). Then do a big rest up of 1-2 key players (who need it) against the dogs if really need be.

I'm not sure about "resting" players going into finals. I'd rather call it managing the sore players during games would be my approach (e.g. giving those boys that need it some extra time on the pine during the next couple of games). Then do a big rest up of 1-2 key players (who need it) against the dogs if really need be.

Resting them longer on the pine, means "fitter" players stay on longer, draining them. Can't have it both ways. We have capable players in the 2's with experience, they can hold up their own against the dogs and their kids.

Doc Larkins believes Jude is being very optimistic about 2 -3 weeks. Usually thats the bare minimum to start training. He doesn't know how tough our Jude is!

Gary Rohan Leg Season
Jude Bolton Knee 3-6 weeks
Shane Biggs Lower Leg 1-2 weeks
Tom Mitchell Foot 1-2 weeks
Sam Reid Knee 1 week
Eugene Kruger Hamstring 1 week
Mark Seaby Calf 1 week
Mike Pyke Ankle Test

Reid only a week away is a positive but it really looks like Jude won't be back until the finals.

Biggs, Mitchell, Kruger and Seaby don't seem to move from week to week.

Ha!!!

Was thinking exactly the same thing. I was wondering when Mitchell would not be listed as being 1-2 weeks away. I hope this is his bad luck season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Mitchell is still 1 to 2 weeks. To be honest i am really beginning to worry that Mitchell is not going to make it not through any lack of talent but because his body can't take the demands of AFL football.
You are kidding , what about Lockyer are you going to say the same about him. Give him a chance.

I remember one Chris Judd had similar problems with his body (especially Shoulders)when he first began his AFL career. Turned out alright!
We're comparing Mitchell who's played 0 games in his first season to Chris Judd whose shoulders were so bad he played 22 games in his first season? Please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back