Pick #30 (2012) - Mason Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

She would also get confused when about 10 people are referred to as "Mason Shaw's mum" before she is.

I think he can make an impact in his first year.

I don't think he'll start, but as soon as Hinkley realises D. Stewart is as useless as a traffic cone, Shaw will grab his chance and perform pretty well. Someone bookmark this post!

D. Stewart is as useless as a traffic cone

Come on mate, I know we get emotional sometimes but let's try to stay reasonable and civil. Traffic cones can perform many useful functions, abusing them by comparing them to Daniel Stewart is not on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gees, knowing our luck he will finish up at South in the mini draft :( Not so much the club, but the location is the problem. If he does finish up there, I reckon the club will try to give him as much AFL exposure early on, as they possibly can.

I think shaw and Stewart will be in the sanfl until one of Schulz or butch goes down. 2 keys + 2 rucks+ Westhoff is the way we should line up.

Wouldn't a key forward do well at a Centrals or Norwood? Maybe even the Eagles?

A key defender good at Port South?

Wines just in the AFL :)

What is the mini draft order?

Ideally
Shaw - Magpies
Wines - anywhere
Clurey - Not South

This is the most important thing IMO. Out of everyone we've picked up, Shaw's SANFL development is probably the most important.

If I had the first pick in the mini-draft, I'd be taking Campbell Heath. Mature-age, proven record in the lower leagues and has a fair bit of competition for defensive spots.

Shaw to North Adelaide (reserves) - book it

Shaw to North Adelaide (reserves) - book it
But they can have D Stew all year?

Ideally someone like Prismall to North, or another mature age depth player where the room for improvement isn't high but he is just solid depth 18-30th player on the squad list

West coast seem to do ok with Darling, Lynch, Kennedy, Cox and Nic Nat playing... Why couldn't we try and get Schulz, Butch, Shaw, Westhoff, Redden/Lobbe/Renouf playing well together. The problem we had with the Quadrangle of Doom was that there was no one on the ground and our structures were off.

I'd play Schulz, Butch, Shaw rotating around the goal square trying to 1v1 whoever has the weakest/smallest defender. Westhoff pushes up onto the wing to be the link man/get out kick whatever you want to call it and Shaw/Westhoff can Relieve our ruck who have hopefully improved more on fitness...

Add Wingard, Neade, Hitchcock (who I want to believe in) and possibly Robbie back at some point on the ground and we might actually have a pretty good forward structure...

North should be banned from taking our players in the mini draft....

hoping for

Shaw - Magpies
Wines - Not north, centrals or norwood
Clurey - As above

If we get Jurrah I think we should get him at the Magies, and keep him as close to the club as possible.

West coast seem to do ok with Darling, Lynch, Kennedy, Cox and Nic Nat playing... Why couldn't we try and get Schulz, Butch, Shaw, Westhoff, Redden/Lobbe/Renouf playing well together. The problem we had with the Quadrangle of Doom was that there was no one on the ground and our structures were off.

I'd play Schulz, Butch, Shaw rotating around the goal square trying to 1v1 whoever has the weakest/smallest defender. Westhoff pushes up onto the wing to be the link man/get out kick whatever you want to call it and Shaw/Westhoff can Relieve our ruck who have hopefully improved more on fitness...

Add Wingard, Neade, Hitchcock (who I want to believe in) and possibly Robbie back at some point on the ground and we might actually have a pretty good forward structure...

That's fine. But would you rather a second ruck to shaw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back