Roast Rioli's chicken wing tackle on Warnock: MRP failure

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference this time around is the media didn't conduct a hysterical witch-hunt against Rioli & the Western Bulldogs didn't squeal & sook like the North Entitlement Football Club did after the Judd incident. With so little noise made about this latest incident, the MRP could exonerate Rioli without fear of an outcry from the media or the Bulldogs.

They squealed and sooked again by posting this video on their YouTube channel. :rolleyes:

Extremely poor form from an official Club channel. :thumbsdown:

Carrazzo has no case to answer :D

My faith in this competition is now hanging on a thread, and it will just take an 'unsatisfactory' Essada outcome to break it.
I find it unimaginable that any person can explain why Judd's action was deemed to be worth 4 weeks and Mr Overrated's action is worth nothing.
To my eyes, it actually looked worse. In all seriousness though I cannot recall a season as much of a shambles as this has been.
Drug cheating
MRP
TV broadcast quality
Ridiculous non-tanking fine
Lenient salary-cap penalties (IMO) for Adelaide
CEO, mid-season holiday

It's a ******* joke and have nearly had it .

Rant over.

Totally agree. The comp is going to s**t. I'd add the quality of the umpiring on a weekly basis to that as well.

They squealed and sooked again by posting this video on their YouTube channel. :rolleyes:

Extremely poor form from an official Club channel. :thumbsdown:

Carrazzo has no case to answer :D

So much for the Shinboner spirit. It would seem once their pretty boy president came on board, any semblance of toughness was removed from the club. They are a pack of prima donnas.

Yet Cyril gets off and Bartell cops 2 weeks reduced to 1 with an early plea for next to nothing coupled with an excellent record.

AFL is seriously crazy and i cannot predict a thing, the whole league is like a Chook Lotto raffle regarding ANY decision they make. No consistency regarding anything, no one is accountable for anything while a head in the sand attitude and constant denial/or silence about anything remotely controversial is a dead set joke.

Yet Cyril gets off and Bartell cops 2 weeks reduced to 1 with an early plea for next to nothing coupled with an excellent record.

AFL is seriously crazy and i cannot predict a thing, the whole league is like a Chook Lotto raffle regarding ANY decision they make. No consistency regarding anything, no one is accountable for anything while a head in the sand attitude and constant denial/or silence about anything remotely controversial is a dead set joke.

The MRP is a total farce and the AFL is run by a "dictatorship"!!

The MRP is a total farce and the AFL is run by a "dictatorship"!!

Yep it is a fair dinkum joke Aph and every year i am losing faith in this competition and looking more forward to NFL season earlier and earlier every year.

AFL is just totally losing me and they are a never ending source of frustration and ineptness.

Can't wait to see what happens with EssADA*

Like Pepalenko mentioned earlier it could seriously be the straw that broke the camels back with a few once keen AFL followers and i doubt anything will happen to the drug cheats. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely predictable decision.

The silence since the game made it a certainty, and the garbage Judd and the CFC were forced to endure only makes it sting worse.

If you lower your expectations/opinion of the AFL to rock bottom you're never disappointed...;)

Completely predictable decision.

The silence since the game made it a certainty, and the garbage Judd and the CFC were forced to endure only makes it sting worse.

If you lower your expectations/opinion of the AFL to rock bottom you're never disappointed...;)

Rioli = Protected Species!

For a guy that has shown less consistency in real terms than Eddie Betts it is amazing the pedestal he is put on. One of the few players who can do nothing for 3 quarters kick one goal and you would think he has had 40 touches, kicked 8, taken mark of the year and at the same time kicked goal of the year, found a cure for VD, parted the red sea........

This angle shows that Rioli grabbed the right arm and lifted it like Judd.

I guess the AFL want Rioli to be available for Essendon v Hawthorn.

What a crock!

Pods gets a reprimand for absolutely lining a bloke up to make contact with the head using his shoulder, lays the bloke out. Waite bearely makes contact in his incident and gets a week.

******* joke.

Rioli = Protected Species!

For a guy that has shown less consistency in real terms than Eddie Betts it is amazing the pedestal he is put on. One of the few players who can do nothing for 3 quarters kick one goal and you would think he has had 40 touches, kicked 8, taken mark of the year and at the same time kicked goal of the year, found a cure for VD, parted the red sea........
you forgot bring peace to the middle east

From memory the Judd incident went straight to the tribunal because it didnt tick any of the boxes for the MRP to give a suspension. Yet the Rioli one is dismissed because the force in insufficient to warrant a charge, why not send it to the tribunal and let them decide that?

Hang on. So Rioli's action is a bad look but not enough force.
So why did Waite get a week for that head-butt attempt then?

Seems to me that Griffen was in somewhat more pain thanks to Rioli than the Melbourne player after the Waite incident. Tell me I'm wrong.

EDIT: Seems I'm repeating what OBF has already said, but that explanation doesn't make sense. So which way does it work then?

There is something very very wrong with the AFL and it's systems. There is no consistency in, well, anything. Except for how often they fail (and the special treatment of some teams/players)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back