List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So apparently Terry Wallet has come out today and said that we don't have the depth or players to make top 8 next year and we'll go backwards significantly. To anyone that actually listened, is there any truth to this?
It depends, he's saying we don't have the midfield depth but we do (although admittedly we're probably 1 A-grade mid away from being a genuine flag threat, which should change if Myers comes on as expected next season). The issue is the forward line and what the structure will be, because with Gumby and Crameri gone realistically we don't have a lot (if any) of KP forward depth unless Bomber decides to continue using Hurley or Carlisle as forwards (and to be perfectly honest I'd much rather have both in defence).
I'd say we should make the 8 again, but whether or not we'll be in top 4 contention or not I don't know.

So apparently Terry Wallet has come out today and said that we don't have the depth or players to make top 8 next year and we'll go backwards significantly. To anyone that actually listened, is there any truth to this?

So we can can be in the top 4 for most of the year - probably about 5th under extreme adversity. But we go backwards significantly and out of the 8 for no apparent reason. Thanks for the insight Terry :thumbsu:

Am hearing we might be looking a rookie listing Ben Duscher.

Could do worse, far from convinced though. As a rookie, he would be no worse than a speculative pick in a poor draft!

We will make the 8- now whetehr we can go from there to say a top 6 finish not so sure. Still feel we are 2-3 pre seasons away from a top 4.

Any Big Lebowski fans out there?

Every day that goes by that we don't take the crameri deal I hear Walter saying to Dordoro ...Dude are you f#@king this up?

Please do the deal. Incase it has been lost on anyone we don't have much presence in the draft, 26 is gold to us.

I'm sure someone will jump in and say we could work a 3 way to get more...but 3 ways rarely come off. I've tried to organise one in a night club many times...pipe dream...take the sure thing.

just got an apology from terry wallet on twitter for his lack of research into our rookie list after i pulled him up on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will make the 8- now whetehr we can go from there to say a top 6 finish not so sure. Still feel we are 2-3 pre seasons away from a top 4.
If you believe that then you must be pretty depressed about the club in general. If we are 2-3 seasons away from a top four place, then that places us exactly no where right now. At least 14 teams could feel realistic about the top four in 2-3 seasons.
Furthermore, if you are being honest on that prediction then you should be advocating offloading our senior players in exchange for promising 22 year olds. I think you are just talking sh*t for the sake of it to be honest. I bet you will be shattered like the rest of us if this team is not a front runner for the flag in 2015.

We are in the hunt for Top 4 as a minimum..

We will have kept the bulk of a list that went through the season from Hell basically in 2-4th spot.. and we have added Chapman for the loss of Crameri..

Add to that another year for guys like Melksham, Daniher, Hurley, Carlisle, Hooker, Hibberd... Winderlich being fit from day 1.. Hopefully Watson not doing another injury in the middle of our toughest month..

No way we go backwards..

People have to be really careful with their expectations imo. I think we're a top 6 team but our record against the top 4 this year wasnt flash and we havent finished off a season well for years.

Theres so much talk amongst Essendon supporters about top 4 and potentially a premiership, but we havent exactly shown that we're ready to match it with the best of them for a WHOLE season yet.

tumblr_mdymx9a94e1qjwui0o1_500.gif

Please please please please please!!!

Been wanting this for years.

Does anyone else hope that we actually get something done tomorrow? Kinda getting sick of Dodoro drawing things out forever!

Does anyone else hope that we actually get something done tomorrow? Kinda getting sick of Dodoro drawing things out forever!
What's there to get done? Apart from the Crameri trade.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-09/duscher-named-vfl-best-and-fairest
He signed on with the VFL team for another year so not sure if that means he wont be rookied.
Don't think so, if you get drafted into the AFL then you go there, no matter about your contract status elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back