NFL 2014 NFL - Week 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a shame I'm working till 6am on Monday morning, I will miss the majority of the Green Bay vs. Chicago game. I'm hoping the Bears can get it done, I'm a huge fan of Jay Cutler.

So players now have to get their full contact conditioning on game day where there is no let up from the opposition.

That does sound a little strange but since I'm not a sports doctor I wouldn't know if it's having an impact.

Perhaps Woodson has a degree?

Charles Woodson blames the soft new camp rules.

Funnily one of the few teams reworking their practices to run more reps during practice are getting players blaming those extra reps for their slow first halves (Eagles).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the correct thread, anyway it looks like Chris Baker will escape any penalty for his cheap shot on Nick Foles whilst Peters is expecting a decent fine for his response. Quite hard to fathom but there you go.

Taken from ESPN :

Peters does expect to hear from the commissioner's office, however.

"I definitely got a fine coming," Peters said.

Meanwhile, NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent told The Washington Post that Baker won't be suspended or fined for his hit.

"Baker didn't do anything wrong with that hit," Vincent said. "When you look at the rule, he didn't do anything illegal. People can say it's a cheap shot and you can talk about whether it might fall under unsportsmanlike conduct. But when you know the rule and you look at the play, he didn't hit him in the head. He didn't hit him in the neck. We looked at it. I looked at it very closely. He's not going to be fined for that."

So players now have to get their full contact conditioning on game day where there is no let up from the opposition.

That does sound a little strange but since I'm not a sports doctor I wouldn't know if it's having an impact.

Perhaps Woodson has a degree?
Think of this analogy. A sprinter cannot run 100 Metres at full pace if the sprinter limits full pace training. Effectively, that's what the NFLPA and CBA have done for the players.

Still, he did well. What was the comp percentage of other qbs who played bucs and boys?
Matt Ryan with 87.5%?
They took him out because he was too damaging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back