Remove this Banner Ad

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 @ 10:30 AM
New York Giants at Washington LIVE

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 @ 3:00 AM
Buffalo at Houston
Carolina at Baltimore
Green Bay at Chicago LIVE
Detroit at New York Jets
Miami vs Oakland (Wembley Stadium, London)
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Tennessee at Indianapolis

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 @ 6:05 AM
Jacksonville at San Diego

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 @ 6:25 AM
Atlanta at Minnesota
Philadelphia at San Francisco LIVE

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 @ 10:30 AM
New Orleans at Dallas LIVE

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 @ 10:20 AM
New England at Kansas City LIVE

OPEN DATE:
Arizona, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, St. Louis, Seattle

AUSTRALIAN T.V. GAMES
LIVE ON ESPN AT 10.30 AM ON 26/9 : New York Giants at Washington

LIVE ON ESPN AT 3.00AM ON 29/9: ESPN Redzone (for all day games)

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 3.00 AM ON 29/9 : Green Bay at Chicago

LIVE ON 7MATE AT 6.25 AM ON 29/9 : Philadelphia at San Francisco

LIVE ON ESPN AND 7MATE AT 10.30 AM ON 29/9 : New Orleans at Dallas

LIVE ON ESPN AT 10.30 AM ON 30/9 : New England at Kansas City

NB: VIC, NSW, QLD, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 2 hours WA

Brasher’s Week 4 Musings
New York Giants at Washington
Another TNF blockbuster to get us all excited and looking forward to waking up Sunday for College Game Day. Word out of Washington is that Cousins could remain the starting QB regardless of the health of RG3 in the future. The Hogs FO is busy trying to recruit Kevin Costner in an attempt to deal all those draft picks back home.

Buffalo at Houston A win on Sunday will give the Texans more wins for the season than for all of last year combined. Keep going like this and you are going to win yourself all the way out of a 2015 franchise QB draft selection.

Carolina at Baltimore Two weeks ago the Ravens touched up the Steelers. Last week the Steelers dealt a similar experience to the Panthers. So the Ravens should be 5 TD favourites this week right? Lucky this is the NFL and not Oceania World Cup Qualifying so we get to play the game and better yet watch Steve Smith The Senior go up against his old club.

Green Bay at Chicago This game could end up with a basketball like score line once it is all said and done. I’m not sure either team is especially good on defence, and I’m not real sure either team has that spectacular an offensive line either. This one could come down to who has the ball in their possession last but I’m guessing it will ultimately be decided on a Jaye Cutler error as he attempts to go throw for throw with Rodgers.

Detroit at New York Jets I don’t care how well the Jets think they can or can’t play. This game and the spread gets down to one thing….which Detroit Lions team gets off the plane at JFK?

Miami vs Oakland Whilst this is a Raiders home game its actually closer to home for the Dolphins. To this point in the season Oakland has been pretty much who we thought they were whilst the Phins need to realise that the season for them is more than beating Tom Brady at home. The NFL did well in scheduling this game as far away from the public eye as possible.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh Lovie Smith brought in Josh McCown during the off-season to start so that Mike Glennon could sit and learn. Now McCown is nursing an injury so Glennon may have to start. But Glennon shouldn’t be rushed so maybe Lovie should start a hobbled McCown. Lovie Smith has been in Tampa for ten minutes and already orchestrating a situation that is going to get him fired.

Tennessee at Indianapolis Our thoughts are with family and friends of former place kicker Ron Bironas who was killed in a single car accident this week. Many will simply be familiar with Bironas as a fantasy football stud but he should be remembered most for being a quality gentleman, family man and all around good guy.

Jacksonville at San Diego According to Jags Head Coach, Gus Bradley, the 2015 season starts this week against the Chargers with the naming of Blake Bortles as first string QB. Must have been a tough decision to discount Chad Henne’s 4 – 7 for 33 yard first half performance against a team on the road, on a short week, missing a number of defensive starters.

Atlanta at Minnesota Teddy Bridgewater got to experience what it feels like to run out as an NFL QB last week. Teddy Bridgewater also learnt that fat guys, wearing beer stained t-shirts with long hair and whisky beards are not just good at running illegal stiles, NASCAR, hunting boar and bare handed catfishing. Some of them can put together “where the hell did he come from” blitz packages.

Philadelphia at San Francisco What has been most impressive about the Eagles so far this year is that they have got to 3-0 without any notable contributions out of LeSean McCoy and Nick Foles is putting up Marino type numbers even when not looking, well, very good......but that happens when you give up two TD leads early I suppose. Expect that to change this week against an opponent hell bent on finding new and exciting ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

New Orleans at Dallas I was genuinely surprised to hear that Morris Claiborne had walked out on the Cowboys this week…..I’d thought he’d been cut long ago. Having taken the time to understand the story I sort of empathise with Morris now, after all who wants to be set up as the weak link on a team unit where defensive backs go to die.

New England at Kansas City You got to give the Chiefs credit, with the cards they have been dealt with this year you’d be excused for handing out a few free get of jail cards to the franchise for this season. I call it the Alex Smith Effect….you can’t hate on

Last edited:

Buffalo at Houston
Carolina at Baltimore
Green Bay
at Chicago
Detroit at New York Jets
Miami vs Oakland
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Atlanta
at Minnesota
Philadelphia at San Francisco
New Orleans
at Dallas
New England at Kansas City

Bye week :(

NYG @ WAS
BUF
@ HOU
CAR @ BAL
GB @ CHI
DET
@ NYJ
MIA v OAK
TB @ PIT
TEN @ IND
JAX @ SD
ATL
@ MIN
PHI @SF
NO @ DAL
NE @ KC
Big week for away teams

Buffalo at Houston
Carolina at Baltimore
Green Bay at Chicago
Detroit at New York Jets
Miami vs Oakland (Wembley Stadium, London)
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Atlanta at Minnesota
Philadelphia at San Francisco
New Orleans at Dallas
New England at Kansas City

I am pretty keen to see how the Panthers bounce back after that awful display yesterday. They surely can't play any worse. Plenty of injuries though which makes it challenging. Hopefully DeAngelo Williams is back so we have a running back. I also reckon the Green Bay V Chicago game has the potential to be a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very excited for the Eagles game. Away at Santa Clara is the first real test of the season, and the first opportunity to get a good read on where we're at. I think we'll win - but I don't say that with any confidence at all.

Other than that... it's a pretty disappointing week of football. Usually I watch up to 10 condensed games during the week, but I can't find more than 3-4 that I'd bother with this week.

Teddy time in Minnesota, could see a lot of passing to keep up with the high octane Falcons offence.

btw - it was always going to be a tough game for the Vikes but will be extra tough with no Adrian Peterson (indefinitely suspended), no Kyle Rudolph (out 6 weeks sports hernia surgery), no Chad Greenway (broken hand and ribs) and no Brandon Fusco (shoulder) - that's four starters missing, not including Cassel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back