NFL 2014 NFL - Week 4

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_n332fauxYy1tr4fi7o7_400.gif

You need to get behind this kid... He's shown a hell of a lot no matter the opposition. Bradford, injuries or not, has been horrible overall, and its lucky he's been injured so much or else they'd be talking about him and Jamarcus Russell in the same sentence.

Davis may not be the answer, but like Glennon at Tampa, and Keenum at Houston last season, he's shown enough in a couple of games and you just may find your next star QB.

I said after Bradford went down, it was time for Davis. He'll do well if given the chance. Pointless playing Hill at this point (as it was pointless signing Fitzpatrick/McCown for the aforementioned teams).
I've run out of Hype this season

Our DLine was suppose to be #1 in the league. Currently we are last in sacks. I just don't want us to go overboard thinking we have a solid franchise QB with Davis when he has played two of the worst defenses in the league.

Brasher’s Week 4 Musings

New York Giants at Washington Another TNF blockbuster to get us all excited and looking forward to waking up Sunday for College Game Day. Word out of Washington is that Cousins could remain the starting QB regardless of the health of RG3 in the future. The Hogs FO is busy trying to recruit Kevin Costner in an attempt to deal all those draft picks back home.

Buffalo at Houston A win on Sunday will give the Texans more wins for the season than for all of last year combined. Keep going like this and you are going to win yourself all the way out of a 2015 franchise QB draft selection.

Carolina at Baltimore Two weeks ago the Ravens touched up the Steelers. Last week the Steelers dealt a similar experience to the Panthers. So the Ravens should be 5 TD favourites this week right? Lucky this is the NFL and not Oceania World Cup Qualifying so we get to play the game and better yet watch Steve Smith The Senior go up against his old club.

Green Bay at Chicago This game could end up with a basketball like score line once it is all said and done. I’m not sure either team is especially good on defence, and I’m not real sure either team has that spectacular an offensive line either. This one could come down to who has the ball in their possession last but I’m guessing it will ultimately be decided on a Jaye Cutler error as he attempts to go throw for throw with Rodgers.

Detroit at New York Jets I don’t care how well the Jets think they can or can’t play. This game and the spread gets down to one thing….which Detroit Lions team gets off the plane at JFK?

Miami vs Oakland Whilst this is a Raiders home game its actually closer to home for the Dolphins. To this point in the season Oakland has been pretty much who we thought they were whilst the Phins need to realise that the season for them is more than beating Tom Brady at home. The NFL did well in scheduling this game as far away from the public eye as possible.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh Lovie Smith brought in Josh McCown during the off-season to start so that Mike Glennon could sit and learn. Now McCown is nursing an injury so Glennon may have to start. But Glennon shouldn’t be rushed so maybe Lovie should start a hobbled McCown. Lovie Smith has been in Tampa for ten minutes and already orchestrating a situation that is going to get him fired.

Tennessee at Indianapolis Our thoughts are with family and friends of former place kicker Ron Bironas who was killed in a single car accident this week. Many will simply be familiar with Bironas as a fantasy football stud but he should be remembered most for being a quality gentleman, family man and all around good guy.

Jacksonville at San Diego According to Jags Head Coach, Gus Bradley, the 2015 season starts this week against the Chargers with the naming of Blake Bortles as first string QB. Must have been a tough decision to discount Chad Henne’s 4 – 7 for 33 yard first half performance against a team on the road, on a short week, missing a number of defensive starters.

Atlanta at Minnesota Teddy Bridgewater got to experience what it feels like to run out as an NFL QB last week. Teddy Bridgewater also learnt that fat guys, wearing beer stained t-shirts with long hair and whisky beards are not just good at running illegal stiles, NASCAR, hunting boar and bare handed catfishing. Some of them can put together “where the hell did he come from” blitz packages.

Philadelphia at San Francisco What has been most impressive about the Eagles so far this year is that they have got to 3-0 without any notable contributions out of LeSean McCoy and Nick Foles is putting up Marino type numbers even when not looking, well, very good......but that happens when you give up two TD leads early I suppose. Expect that to change this week against an opponent hell bent on finding new and exciting ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

New Orleans at Dallas I was genuinely surprised to hear that Morris Claiborne had walked out on the Cowboys this week…..I’d thought he’d been cut long ago. Having taken the time to understand the story I sort of empathise with Morris now, after all who wants to be set up as the weak link on a team unit where defensive backs go to die.

New England at Kansas City You got to give the Chiefs credit, with the cards they have been dealt with this year you’d be excused for handing out a few free get of jail cards to the franchise for this season. I call it the Alex Smith Effect….you can’t hate on ‘em because your too busy throwing out excuses for them.

I would never tip Washington. I think they're getting worse. They look like they're close to winning but the truth is they're very far away. If they score more the opponent just scores more to make sure they lose.

Baltimore was lucky last week. I think things will come crashing down this week. They will struggle against Carolina.

I don't rate Green Bay right now. Rodgers being back is nice but that defensive line has issues.

I've been harsh on the Jets but they have what it takes to beat the Lions. Megatron might just walk all over them but who knows.

This is the week where Oakland can get a win. They will have to heap the pressure on Tannehill and the offensive line will need to score 5 TDs but it's well within the scope of what's possible.

San Fran should break through for a win. Foles might be awesome but he'll be sore after last week. The Eagles will not want him targeted too heavily. Who is the backup QB for the Eagles?

I don't rate Green Bay right now. Rodgers being back is nice but that defensive line has issues.
Since half time of the Jets game they have played like a top 15-10 unit and have looked very stout against both the run and pass. It's actually been our offence and specifically Rodgers and McCarthy that have been the problem.

Who is the backup QB for the Eagles?
Mark Sanchez.

Miami have had the wood on Oakland for about five years now. Theyre shit but we always still lose, and sometimes get walloped. Also our coaches are really bad. Still ill tip Oakland low cr

Don't worry GG even I could blitz Tannehill. The Miami front line don't give a shit.

Don't worry GG even I could blitz Tannehill. The Miami front line don't give a shit.
Until it happens, until Allen can heckin'g coach a win, I have my doubts, don't go in with expectation. It's always a close hard fought loss followed by a thrashing or two then another hard fought loss etc. Always low cr until I see consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foles is a gun.

But yardage doesn't matter. Isn't that right Shupe?
If you want to be a knob about it, well Cousins > Foles because passing yards in their game :rolleyes:. Fact of the matter is that Foles has the 2nd most attempts of any QB in the league, thus more yards. Also curious to note that his completion percent is the lowest in the top 17 for yards, just ahead of Jake Locker. I get that you don't really understand the game, it's complicated at best, but there is no need to focus on one random stat and then act like you know it all.

I've run out of Hype this season

Our DLine was suppose to be #1 in the league. Currently we are last in sacks. I just don't want us to go overboard thinking we have a solid franchise QB with Davis when he has played two of the worst defenses in the league.

I'm sorry to be so harzh, but...

What a crock of shit.

Youlose motivation after 3 Weeks?? I've seen the Packers make playoffs after a 1-4 Start.., and you've had enough after 3 Weeks cos your d isn't Playing well??

Why bother following any sport??

If you want to be a knob about it, well Cousins > Foles because passing yards in their game :rolleyes:. Fact of the matter is that Foles has the 2nd most attempts of any QB in the league, thus more yards. Also curious to note that his completion percent is the lowest in the top 17 for yards, just ahead of Jake Locker. I get that you don't really understand the game, it's complicated at best, but there is no need to focus on one random stat and then act like you know it all.

knob lol

I'm just winding you up. Foles is a good QB but he is yet to perform against the top teams.

San Fran should break through for a win. Foles might be awesome but he'll be sore after last week. The Eagles will not want him targeted too heavily. Who is the backup QB for the Eagles?

I'll put the 49ers down for an even half dozen bull$hit roughing the passer penalties right now then.

I knew that post would rustle a few in here. The anti-Eagles brigade came out in force. :p
I'm sorry to be so harzh, but...

What a crock of shit.

Youlose motivation after 3 Weeks?? I've seen the Packers make playoffs after a 1-4 Start.., and you've had enough after 3 Weeks cos your d isn't Playing well??

Why bother following any sport??

In the same article that I got the Foles stat

3rd-out_pg_600.jpg

3rd and out
2014 marks the third straight season that GB has started 1-2. In 2012, GB finished 11-5 and won the NFC North. In 2013, the Packers finished 8-7-1 and won the NFC North, despite Rodgers injury in Week 9. History says Green Bay’s luck is about to run out. No team in NFL history has been under .500 in three straight seasons - after three games - and made the Playoffs in all three seasons.

I'll put the 49ers down for an even half dozen bull$hit roughing the passer penalties right now then.

Now I see. It's that all reduced confidence surrounding the team you support problem.

Don't worry mate. You guys have Stevie Johnson. Ready to fire.

@Jerrymcd
Any interest in NFL is not represented in papers. Saw four of them this morning. Not a word on Raiders-Dolphins or even Menelik Watson.

----

There it is. Complete waste of time and energy.

Well to be fair I'm not sure that there would be much interest in that game anywhere other than Oakland. Would include Miami but their stadium is always half empty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back