Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Brown?

Completely different scenario, well kind of. Brown was a fringe player at the time, couldn't get regular games, saints tried to poach him, and obviously offer him a permanent role in their side. Griffen & Beams have both asked to be traded (brown may have actually asked us to trade him to the saints, I don't fully remember:D) but those 2 are senior players and pretty critical players to their teams.

Well I'd be pretty happy to take Watts, yeah. Wouldn't be worth a whole lot at the moment, and if we could un-Melbourne him he might be a good second or third tall in attack, freeing up Jack to run through the midfield a bit.

Melbourne tank against Richmond to get Pick 1 and 2.

Pick 1 is now a spud for GWS.
Pick 2 looks like joining Richmond.
Richmond took Dustin Martin at Pick 3.

See my avatar for appropriate reaction.

Collingwood say they want a top pick and a good player. The deal on the table would give them pick 5 and Greenwood, why wouldn't they grab that?

You would think that getting pick 25 to trade for a good player from another club would be better than getting a good player from just Brisbane.

In the end Collingwood just don't want to trade Beams unless they get overs. Although there is a some risk that Beams will just walk (for his old mans sake) or go through the motions until next year thus reducing what he is worth as a trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is actually hilarious how serious Collingwood take themselves:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-10-10/pies-lions-cease-negotiations

Negotiations between the Collingwood Football Club and the Brisbane Lions over Dayne Beams ceased at 5pm on Friday evening.

Out of respect to Dayne, Collingwood worked as hard as it could to construct an equitable deal with the Lions who pursued the contracted 24 year-old All-Australian midfielder but, ultimately, didn’t value him as Collingwood does.

As everyone is aware, Dayne requested a trade to Brisbane for personal reasons, something Collingwood agreed to consider as long as the outcome returned appropriate compensation.

Unfortunately, this was not forthcoming.Collingwood’s position from the outset was that a good player and an early draft pick was a fair return, although the club did consider the possibility of a combination of draft picks. Even this failed to produce a solution.

Now that negotiations with Brisbane have ceased, Collingwood is free to pursue other opportunities involving players and picks. The club remains open to offers from other clubs for Dayne, if that is his wish.

If not, at the conclusion of the trade period the club will look to sit down with Dayne to prepare for the 2015 season.

SEN reporting GWS are going to make a play for Beams...could this help push out Coniglio?
I really really want Coniglio if this happens, but at the same time, I hope Beams doesn't go to GWS. Can you imagine- all the premierships for the next 5 years will be pretty much sown up for them.

Not saying Beams is that good, but with the quality they've just got in plus all the early draft picks. Equalisation is never going to really work when drafts have been compromised the way they have.

This is actually hilarious how serious Collingwood take themselves:

I think if one of our players wanted out like this, despite the circumstances, I would want our club to stand up and say "unless you pay us what we believe he is worth then no deal.

I'm no Collingwood supporter but it would seem that if SEN reports are right, they may just get their way with GWS doing the trade.

Gotta love Collingwoods statement.

"Out of respect for Dayne, we set a totally arbitrary deadline to try to force Brisbane into giving us overs for him. Now that has failed, we'll shop Dayne around, not giving a toss that he wants to be close to his family. Did we say we totally respect him?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back