Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is his worth then?

12 & 23 probably isn't far off his worth, but I wouldn't be that keen on losing him, unless we could trade our 11, or the 12 we would get for a pretty big name mid. I reckon, only my opinion of course, that Gaff could be replaced in our side, we have a few outside wingers/mids, probably too many, but we would want something good in return.

I think if one of our players wanted out like this, despite the circumstances, I would want our club to stand up and say "unless you pay us what we believe he is worth then no deal.

I'm no Collingwood supporter but it would seem that if SEN reports are right, they may just get their way with GWS doing the trade.

It's the arbitrary deadline that is hilarious.

12 & 23 probably isn't far off his worth, but I wouldn't be that keen on losing him, unless we could trade our 11, or the 12 we would get for a pretty big name mid. I reckon, only my opinion of course, that Gaff could be replaced in our side, we have a few outside wingers/mids, probably too many, but we would want something good in return.
Fair enough. Rumours around him wanting to come home. Trade week is like trying to solve s cryptic crossword. Roosy is a pretty smart human. Can't see him flogging off Trengove unless his foot is shot or he has an ace up his sleeve. Gaff perfectly fits the demographic we're after and keeps 2 and 3 in draft. Good to see a team forum be realistic about his worth though! Good hustle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. Rumours around him wanting to come home.

Same rumours have been around every year since he was drafted, but he keeps re-signing.

In terms of his worth, we used a top 4 pick on him and have put 4 years of development into him. I wouldn't be trading him unless you guys were offering up one of your top three picks.

Maybe spoke too soon! That's pretty silly mate

Why? Gaff is a pick 4 in a strong draft who is 22 and has already had one great season and was great the second half of this year.

For pick two you get Gaff(a pick 4) and a 2nd to first round upgrade (of 12 spots)

Not saying you would jump at the trade. But the positions of the clubs just means one club is going to have to pay overs.

Gaffs contracted and proven so it aint gonna be us.

Why? Gaff is a pick 4 in a strong draft who is 22 and has already had one great season and was great the second half of this year.

For pick two you get Gaff(a pick 4) and a 2nd to first round upgrade (of 12 spots)

Not saying you would jump at the trade. But the positions of the clubs just means one club is going to have to pay overs.

It's very similar to what they paid for Tyson.

Difference being Tyson had played 13 games in two seasons and Gaff's played 85 in four seasons, and just finished top five in the B&F.

Could argue we're being ripped off actually :p

Gaff is 1828282882% worth a top 3 pick. Pick 4 and has come on well and looks the goods.

Would also take Trengrove if the price was right.

Ok. We'll take petracca/brayshaw and McCartin. You're suggesting he's worth more than beams. Which is pretty silly

Same rumours have been around every year since he was drafted, but he keeps re-signing.

In terms of his worth, we used a top 4 pick on him and have put 4 years of development into him. I wouldn't be trading him unless you guys were offering up one of your top three picks.
Similar to the Con Igloo rumours with us, I suppose. I realise Con supported West Coast as a kid, but he re-signed with GWS and was quoted as saying:
"I was a mad West Coast fan when I was a kid and miss my family and friends back in Perth but I'm more than happy with the Giants...to say you're a foundation member of a club is something very unique."

I'm sure the club will sound him out, but there's no guarantee he'll want to move.

Ok. We'll take petracca/brayshaw and McCartin. You're suggesting he's worth more than beams. Which is pretty silly

How am I suggesting that? Brisbane were offering a first rounder and a second rounder to get Beams.

You are offering a first rounder and a second rounder for Gaff and a first rounder.

And Collingwood Knocked it back because it wasnt worth it. So you might have had a point if Collingwood took it but they didnt.

Silly silly

How am I suggesting that? Brisbane were offering a first rounder and a second rounder to get Beams.

You are offering a first rounder and a second rounder for Gaff and a first rounder.

And Collingwood Knocked it back because it wasnt worth it. So you might have had a point if Collingwood took it but they didnt.

Silly silly
Because Beams is a far, far better player

Similar to the Con Igloo rumours with us, I suppose. I realise Con supported West Coast as a kid, but he re-signed with GWS and was quoted as saying:
"I was a mad West Coast fan when I was a kid and miss my family and friends back in Perth but I'm more than happy with the Giants...to say you're a foundation member of a club is something very unique."

I'm sure the club will sound him out, but there's no guarantee he'll want to move.
Its called hope. We may have hope. I have hope. That one day Cognog will be playing for West Coast.

#hope

Silly silly
Because Beams is a far, far better player
silly billy jay may, please go away

Gotta love Collingwoods statement.

"Out of respect for Dayne, we set a totally arbitrary deadline to try to force Brisbane into giving us overs for him. Now that has failed, we'll shop Dayne around, not giving a toss that he wants to be close to his family. Did we say we totally respect him?"

Stole this and used it elsewhere

Excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back